IGNORED

Adventure II gameplay thread

Jess Ragan

Don't want you guys wasting too much of your time so I'll give another hint or two.

There is something in that room. Don't overthink it though, just get into it, explore the room thoroughly. That's my hint. And yes, your memory of the dragon trap seems spot on - and you are granted a power-up for springing the trap.

Also, there is no real reason to "chain" the 3 eggs together, grabbing one while the other is still active - although you can do it if you know how to fly across screens to the next one. Just don't want you wasting time trying to achieve the impossible. Once you have grabbed all three, return to a screen which has a path which looks like it should go somewhere, but previously didn't. Follow the path again.

Edited by Cafeman

ok, I got the "dragontrap" to work. took me a few tries b4 I got the hang of it.

Was the chasing dragon catching and eating you on those few unsuccessful tries? :)

but there's no egg in that room.

Correct.

But when you get the dragon trap room's flight power, you can fly to the secret room with the bat egg!

Assuming the courtyard room with the 3rd bat egg is in the fire castle somewhere?

Uh... no!

It isn't far from the dragon trap room. You probably passed it right up many times.

Ze Hint-Giver,

(_)3

Was the chasing dragon catching and eating you on those few unsuccessful tries? :)

yeah,

I figured out a while back that once it gets a taste it won't stop until either you or the dragon is killed.

My prob was that I kept trying to trap the most relentless dragon, then I figured out it was best to get the green guy to follow.

I'll keep you posted as to what happens after I have time to fire it up again.

Peace

Yep - its tough running from the red dragon. The only way to get a chasing dragon to stop is to kill it, or to even wound it with the sword. Or, if you hit it with the shield power-up, that will also make it go away. So like, if you are running from a dragon and see the Minotaur in the hedge maze, and purposely run into it, sometimes you'll get the shield powerup after he grabs you -- 100% of the time on easy, 25% on other settings.

Based on something you said before, remember that

once you get all 3 secret bat eggs, the real 'easter egg' of the game unlocks but you have to find it. Nothing is going to happen right there , but you'll get some flight (I think IIRC that you get longer FLIGHT time after grabbing the 3rd egg than just grabbing one or two. But you get a longer FLIGHT time after successfully pulling off the dragon trap, too).

Finally found the 3rd bat egg!

Can't believe I didn't figure it out sooner. I noticed that "area" one of the 1st times I played the game!

Can't figure out what the "real" secret is though. I assumed it had to do with certain courtyard rooms that had what appeared to be bottom exits.

Also, I didn't notice that I remained a bat longer than any of the other times. Does it have to be a certain gametype (I've been playing it on 9 this whole time trying to find the eggs)?

Peace

It isn't extensively longer, probably just 4 seconds worth. It is actually 255 extra frames worth. But that will get you pretty far if you know where you are going. Option 9 is probably a good option to find the secrets since it has the biggest Ice Castle maze and isn't too hard of a variation. But option has nothing to do with length of bat flight time. Then again, there is some code in the game which won't give you a new power-up if you still have some left over from before, so if you are the bat, let it wear off before grabbing that last egg, and see if it seems to increase time once you grab it. (I'm starting to forget how the game's various rules work).

The real secret awaits. Hints have already been given about that.

not inside any castle

Edited by Cafeman

Ok, using information from posts I've read, I have found both the 3rd bat egg and the dragon trap in the Ice Castle while playing level 9.

The Dragon trap is a room just above a brown, brick screen. Dragon follows you in and promptly dies - you get bat powers (without an egg).

Neither room existed in levels 1-3 so I assume that there is no dragon trap or 3rd bat egg in the beginning levels.

Finally! Success!

Funny thing is, I totally forgot about that after the very 1st time I played it! & after I discovered the secret I went back & finished my quest &, well, let's just say it was doubly satisfying! ;-)

Thanks for a great game Cafeman. It's definitely one of my tops in the 5200 library!

Peace

grabbed all three, return to a screen which has a path which looks like it should go somewhere, but previously didn't. Follow the path again.

Where is this screen located? I first tried moving up after exiting the room containing the 3rd bat egg and moving up - without flight powers - you get stuck in the wall, as a bat - you get through but nothing special happens. Maybe my eyes are failing me but I can't see any dead end path which I assume is in the ice kingdom (blue screens where the 1st egg was found)? :ponder:

perhaps, can someone upload a screen capture?

grabbed all three, return to a screen which has a path which looks like it should go somewhere, but previously didn't. Follow the path again.

Where is this screen located? I first tried moving up after exiting the room containing the 3rd bat egg and moving up - without flight powers - you get stuck in the wall, as a bat - you get through but nothing special happens. Maybe my eyes are failing me but I can't see any dead end path which I assume is in the ice kingdom (blue screens where the 1st egg was found)? :ponder:

perhaps, can someone upload a screen capture?

Kenobi,

It's not in the Ice Kingdom. It's about as far away from the 3rd egg as can be.... That's all I'll say.

Ok, one more thing.

It's connected to a screen visible on the 1st gametype.

Peace

Edited by midnight magicman

I did it! Many thanks - Midnight Magicman...

About as exciting as the Warren Robinett screen in the original Adventure but a worthy quest. Wasn't there supposed to be a second,secret room though :?:

I did take the pleasure of vanquishing two dragons in the trap this time around- first green then orange. :cool:

Edited by Kenobi575

Yeah, I went and delivered the chalice to the Seashore Castle - that just ended the game and I was given the rank of "Duck Food" :ponder:

Really?

It did something a bit more "special" for me. But I did a little experimenting first.

Did you see the troll on the "secret" screen? Let him take some things

(chalice specifically)

from you, then go see where he put them. THEN complete your quest....

Peace

I've tried it and allowed the troll to take two items - the recommended item plus I gave him the point of my argument.

He just deposited them in chilly realms but nothing else. So I finished the game and was dubbed duck food again.

I'll keep trying different items with the recommended one and see what happens.

Edited by Kenobi575

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...