IGNORED

Adventure II gameplay thread

Jess Ragan

Yeah, the genesis or 7800 that lets you use 2 buttons would rock. Right now I have a coleco gemini (2600 clone) joystick that I insalled a 2nd button in and use that with my master play. I actually like that controller and it works perfectly, but I find myself using the stock 5200 most on the time anyway. I find it one of the most playable controllers out there. Much better than my Intellisvsion or Coleco Vision system controllers.

You my friend are awesome!

You my friend are awesome!

LOL. I don't know if I could say the same thing today, 5 years later. I just don't have time to play like I used too. These days I use my Wico sticks more than anything. And that only because I thought they shouldn't just sit in the boxes all these years.

Still, some games just don't have that excellent 5200 feel with out the stock stick. Adventure II being one of them. :thumbsup:

Edited by Official Ninja

LOL. I don't know if I could say the same thing today, 5 years later. I just don't have time to play like I used too. These days I use my Wico sticks more than anything. And that only because I thought they shouldn't just sit in the boxes all these years.

Still, some games just don't have that excellent 5200 feel with out the stock stick. Adventure II being one of them. :thumbsup:

Still say and think so. Wish I had half your knowledge!

This game looks great!! One question.. why was the character left as a dot like the 2600 original? With the almighy power of the 5200 it seems it coulda been a nice looking sprite to match the rest of the game.. maybe was done to keep it classic?

This game looks great!! One question.. why was the character left as a dot like the 2600 original? With the almighy power of the 5200 it seems it coulda been a nice looking sprite to match the rest of the game.. maybe was done to keep it classic?

There was a lot of discussion about that during development. I'm not sure but I think there was a public vote for the classic cube vs a new character.

I think if you search the forums section here you can find it.. or maybe I'm just crazy. :)

edit: not crazy, http://atariage.com/forums/topic/102-adventure-ii-main-character-poll/?hl=+adventure +square

Edited by Official Ninja

• 2 years later...

Okay I got the bat egg in the atari logo last and flew to the bottom of the screen with the islands. Then I took all four keys and the chalice there and let the troll take them. I then got the chalice from the ice maze and took it to the yellow castle and when i won the game I got two chalices on the screen and chalice master as my rank

post-47844-0-62658600-1482364908_thumb.jpg

post-47844-0-23132200-1482364922_thumb.jpg

post-47844-0-88532500-1482364928_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

• 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...