IGNORED

Space Treat at CGE2K2

Albert

http://www.atariage.com/development_page.h...evelopmentID=38Fabrizio Zavagli's Space Treat for the Atari 2600 is another homebrew title that will be making its debut at this year's Classic Gaming Expo. The game will include a cartridge and manual, and there should be around 70 copies available for purchase. In Space Treat, you control a ship that must reach the top of the screen, collect the tasty treat located there, and get it back to its base at the bottom. You can learn more about Space Treat by visiting its AtariAge In Development entry, which includes screenshots and an early demo.

Feo:

A label contest for this now...is a tad on the late side. The show is only in a little over 2 weeks away. Getting the labels made, printed, and cut in time for the show would be nearly impossible. I imagine a simple label with a screen grab of the game in action on the front and a title is all that will appear on this cart. I haven't seen the carts myself, so I don't really know, but I would imagine that this close to the show, this is the best and quickest route to take to ensure they are ready in time.

8)

Hi all!

I've been pretty much away from the boards lately since I've put all my free time into finishing Space Treat.

To answer your qustions:

Feo:

I wanted to do a label contest, but as crossbow pointed out already, the schedule was pretty tight and I wasn't sure if I could make it until the end!

Stan:

Sure it will be available to everyone for purchase through your regular channels (Hozer) after the show. I will also release the .bin image by then.

Also, here's what the CGE label looks like!

The game has been enhanced since the last public beta, and now includes most of the features I've been suggested about, like enhanced movement patterns, increasing difficulty, new gameplay features and sound! (well that was pretty obvious)...

Thanks everyone for the great support, and a big thank you to Hozer for making the CGE release possible!

greets,

Fabrizio.-

I wanted to do a label contest, but as crossbow pointed out already, the schedule was pretty tight and I wasn't sure if I could make it until the end!  

Aw... too bad there wont be a label contest :( . I already had an idea brewing in my mind. But your label is looking sweet.

Only 70 copies at CGE!So only 7% of 1000+ people will have a shot at the CGE copy.Oh well, that's what makes it a 'collectable'.

While technically this is true, not everyone wants a copy of every game released at CGE. At last year's show, for instance, around 250 copies (and I'm being generous) of Elevator Action and Combat II were available, and I don't believe every copy of those were actually sold at the show. Even assuming every copy sold (say, by the end of day on Sunday), that still only shows about a 25% interest in those games by the 1,000 people that attended last year's show.

So, assuming that is a reasonable ratio to go by, that makes those 70 copies a little more accessible. However, at this year's show there are a ton of homebrew and proto releases, so I think the demand for each individual game will be less than it was at last year's show. Unless you have deep pockets, buying every game will cost a small fortune. So most people will probably be choosing the games they want the most.

It will be an interesting show, that's for sure. :)

..Al