IGNORED

Boulder Dash® on YouTube

Atari 2600 Boulder Dash ® in action. Damn that looks nice.

Albert suggested I give away a free Boulder Dash ® with every 10 Qb sold (per individual!) in the Christmas Sale.

Cheers

A

So, if I buy 10 copies of QB, I get a free BD? :ponder:

I like this idea! I know at least 10 people that I haven't given a "gift" to yet, and it may encourage more people to buy an Atari off eBay or elsewhere just to play Qb. But I'm keeping the Boulderdash for myself! :evil:

Does the 10 total carts of Qb rule include combinations of original Qb and the Holiday version to equal 10 copies? ;)

Did the copyright holder finally give permission for this game to be released? This announcement(?) has me confused. Can someone please give us the whole story on this?

Order 10 Qb's from the store and see if Al has a surprise for you. :P

I admit I'm confused because I'm not in the loop here, but I'm assuming that the 10 Qb's thing is a joke. :ponder:

Did the copyright holder finally give permission for this game to be released? This announcement(?) has me confused. Can someone please give us the whole story on this?

I admit I'm confused because I'm not in the loop here, but I'm assuming that the 10 Qb's thing is a joke. :ponder:

It was. Andrew told Al the minimum would have to be closer to 50 Qb's for one cart. :(

After watching the video, he got the AMOEBA in there.

My hat is off to Mr. Davie. This is fine programming.

If the amoeba is trapped, does it all turn to diamonds, as it should (as I did not watch that segment until the end)?

If so, that's a scary set of calculations to perform on such limited hardware.

I am VERY impressed.

-John

My idea of bringing this into public if Andrew doesn't get permission:

1. release the game with different name, graphics and levels

2. a "talented hacker" releases a patch, which converts the game back into original BD.

:D

Now that would be naughty. I do have plans, however, to release the engine -- without ANY of the algorithms or logic related to Boulder Dash ® embedded. Basically a system that could be used to create any number of 'character graphics' style games. I'll seek FSS's approval on what I release first, just so there are no misunderstandings.

Cheers

A

BTW the video on YouTube is a few years old. I've been playing with the code -- just cosmetics, really -- for the past few days and it looks a bit nicer now.

I think Qb is destined to become the biggest seller this holiday season!!!

..Al

I noticed in the video it looks like you hesitate before you make any moves with the boulders. Is this intentional while you were making the video, or does the game itself hesitate to make the calculations before you can move?

I guess my question is can you move around as fast as you want?

Edited by bjk7382