IGNORED

Boulder Dash® on YouTube

I just watched both videos. At this time I think the blue-flavored "triangular" diamonds look better than the symmetrical diamonds. I think mainly this is because they stand out quite clearly from the boulders (in both shape and color now) and have a pretty distinctive shape. That's not to say I think anyone should stop trying to improve on them, though. :)

..Al

The diamonds look much better in blue, regardless of the shape. I'm glad I could help contribute in some small way.

By the way Andrew, I noticed in this video:

That the boulder fall mechanics seem to be a bit wrong in the last part of the clip. They seem to move to the right off of a falling boulder? I thought in the originals they only bounced left or right of a stationary wall, diamond or boulder?

I just watched both videos. At this time I think the blue-flavored "triangular" diamonds look better than the symmetrical diamonds. I think mainly this is because they stand out quite clearly from the boulders (in both shape and color now) and have a pretty distinctive shape. That's not to say I think anyone should stop trying to improve on them, though. :)

IMHO, the diamonds should "shimmer". I'll discuss in the diary thread how that might be accomplished.

The diamonds look much better in blue, regardless of the shape. I'm glad I could help contribute in some small way.

By the way Andrew, I noticed in this video:

That the boulder fall mechanics seem to be a bit wrong in the last part of the clip. They seem to move to the right off of a falling boulder? I thought in the originals they only bounced left or right of a stationary wall, diamond or boulder?

Yes, the boulder mechanics are currently a bit odd because the objects are not processed in the same order as in the original. This is a quirk of the techniques I use to get good speed out of the system, and not a permanent issue. There's a missing "sort" that I am currently working on which will fix this problem.

Cheers

A

• 3 months later...