IGNORED

SOLD Atari Lynx Eye of the Beholder and AVP Prototypes

4ever2600

Well, the gigantic douchebags of the world of Ebay decided to pull my two auctions for:

Eye of the Beholder and Alien Vs Predator (3 characters) prototype

So I'm offering them up for sale here in the ol forums! A quick note about both carts...

The Eye of the Beholder game was an officially licensed Advanced Dungeons and Dragons first person dungeon crawler that used full screen action (unlike the versions for other platforms) that really made it stand out from the rest. See pics in the lynx section of Atariage. This is the FULL version of the game including the save game feature ram that allows you to save your ingame characters etc.

The Alien Vs Predator prototype is different than the AVP you can download to play in handy, or buy on cart form for your lynx from several people in that this was an earlier prototype where you could actually select the third ALIEN character as well as Marine and Predator. There are many differences between this version and the one floating around on the net and ebay. Cut scenes differ slightly, sfx, maps, etc. As far as known, the only one out there...

I bought both of these from two seperate but prominent prototype collectors in the community. They are the real things, not repros...

I'm asking $1600.00 a for the two. I have $1000.00 in the EOTB and $700.00 in the AVP. I'm offering free overnight shipping, insured for full amount and tracking as well. I got myself in a bit of a financial bind and need the money or I'd never part with either of these babies! Any q's just email me... Here are some pics of both to wet your appetites...

post-4470-1198897319_thumb.jpg

post-4470-1198897355_thumb.jpg

post-4470-1198897369_thumb.jpg

post-4470-1198897924_thumb.jpg

post-4470-1198897929_thumb.jpg

post-4470-1198897934_thumb.jpg

post-4470-1198898202_thumb.jpg

Edited by 4ever2600

For th purpose of keeping tabs on EotB and whatnot... can you repost the pictures you had in the auction. I believe those were unique pictures I haven't seen on the internet before. It sure would be nice to keep them so I can have more information about the game later in the future.

You got my emails/pm... not much I can add to that. I'll shoot you another one but.. like I said earlier I may have to sit this round out again. Which... well... which sucks. lol

Sweet.

Again.. I'll see what I can do...

But short of selling my PCE Duo-r /Turbo Grafx collection.. I'm not sure I can come up with the cash man. I just got screwed over on a Wii for the kiddos. I've spent a total of right around $900 for Wii stuff because I got screwed over. Pisses me off... but that is the way it goes.

Shoot me a PM... let me know how things are going. If you can hold off... I'll come up with the money. I just can't at this moment.

Trust me, Eric won't buy them. Sorry to blow your cover Eric!

Pix are helpful for all, particularly unsolicted I'll email to you pix. alot of people may casually or seriously be interested, but without baiting with pix, you are almost wasting your time on the message boards.

IMHO, $1k for the pair is closer to a sellable price, but if you get $1k apiece, great for you.

ian

Sorry Eric, I'm unnecessarily messing with you. It was pretty much uncalled for, you are completely trustworthy in my experience. I consider you more of an interested party than a spender though. There's nothing wrong with that. But for someone who doesn't throw down pathetic sums, you express more interest in expensive stuff than most.

I should put a disclaimer at the bottom of all of my messages:

Caution: contents may be offensive.

Good luck with getting married! Can you say pre-nup?

Edited by ianoid

Sorry Eric, I'm unnecessarily messing with you. It was pretty much uncalled for, you are completely trustworthy in my experience. I consider you more of an interested party than a spender though. There's nothing wrong with that. But for someone who doesn't throw down pathetic sums, you express more interest in expensive stuff than most.

I should put a disclaimer at the bottom of all of my messages:

Caution: contents may be offensive.

Good luck with getting married! Can you say pre-nup?

No offense taken... I understand what you mean.

Believe it or not... I pick and choose. LOL Certain things hold my intrest more than others. EotB is one of them. It held my intreste at a possible $500-650 buy. Not so much as a $1000 buy. That is because I love the Lynx so much. Certain things... I'll drop the cash on. Other things... not so much. Even at $1000 it is intriquing....

Now... if someone would just sell me one of those lovely COPIES that are floating around out there (the one that saves and everything)... I'll gladly give them $200 for the cause. :) That would stop my intrest in the prototype. I think.

Like right now... if only you knew how much coin is being thrown into this wedding. LOL It basically stopped all of my buying (well.. mostly). But... I have to agree with you on certain things... I tend to go all out for them, and other things I don't. You gotta remember, I'm the guy that collects mainly rarity 1-6 for Atari 2600 and sell off everything higher. It really makes no sense... but I've done it. I've found Rarity 10s, 9s, and 8s in the wild... then just sell them off to buy the 1-6 rarity carts.

LOL

talk at you later

I do know that most(all?) of us generally don't want to sell our "copy" versions,not for only $200 dollars US.It would take $300+ dollars to start the ball rolling in negotiations for me to even think of selling my #5 of 5 (the FINAL 5).The proprietary Atari "Flash RAM" that is needed to make more of these is now exhasted from the old Atari stockpiles that did exist,and NO suitable replacement RAM can be found to duplicate this cart again!!See why no one sells these they have in their collection.RARE chip

Well... Chris.... you may end up getting that offer before too long. :)

Keep yours safe and stowed away for now... I'll chat later about it! :)

I never said I'd sell for $300+ US dollars,just that it would take that to get my attention as a starting bid IF I WERE to consider selling it.It would take a SERIOUS offer of $500 or $600 US dollars for me to ponder the idea of selling it.No promises here,you know.A crazy bid?MAYBE

The Alien Vs Predator prototype is different than the AVP you can download to play in handy, or buy on cart form for your lynx from several people in that this was an earlier prototype where you could actually select the third ALIEN character as well as Marine and Predator. There are many differences between this version and the one floating around on the net and ebay. Cut scenes differ slightly, sfx, maps, etc. As far as known, the only one out there...

I bought both of these from two seperate but prominent prototype collectors in the community. They are the real things, not repros...

As the guy that originally sold the AvP prototype to him, I can vouch 100% that it's very real, it's one-of-a-kind and NOT a repro. It's a real neat proto, and being able to select the Alien is an interesting experience. I obtained it myself along with a bunch of other quality protos for the Jag and Lynx from one of the last Atari employees of the Hasbro era. Many of which are one of a kinds, including the ROM that made up the Iron Soldier Beta limited edition release for the Jaguar (which I had dumped and donated in return for a free copy of the finished product ;)), the earliest-known Daemonsgate proto for the Lynx, and many others. Really, it was a once-in-a-lifetime haul.

Just to note before I get PM-bombed, I've since sold off all my Lynx prototypes and just have some Jaguar prototypes left in my personal collection I'm not getting rid of anytime soon unless they're in trade for a copy of Battlesphere or other Jag protos. ;) I'm especially interested in any that are pre-November 1993 launch.

Edited by vanadium

Yeah, Vandium is cool people... He's a good guy... Very good to do business with... I asked him to keep quiet about me buying the proto originally so I DIDN'T get PM bombed about the cart and he did... All that time... Thanks again man... I'd be happy to do bus. with you again anytime... Good plug for ya!

As the guy that originally sold the AvP prototype to him, I can vouch 100% that it's very real, it's one-of-a-kind and NOT a repro. It's a real neat proto, and being able to select the Alien is an interesting experience. I obtained it myself along with a bunch of other quality protos for the Jag and Lynx from one of the last Atari employees of the Hasbro era. Many of which are one of a kinds, including the ROM that made up the Iron Soldier Beta limited edition release for the Jaguar (which I had dumped and donated in return for a free copy of the finished product ;)), the earliest-known Daemonsgate proto for the Lynx, and many others. Really, it was a once-in-a-lifetime haul.

Just to note before I get PM-bombed, I've since sold off all my Lynx prototypes and just have some Jaguar prototypes left in my personal collection I'm not getting rid of anytime soon unless they're in trade for a copy of Battlesphere or other Jag protos. ;) I'm especially interested in any that are pre-November 1993 launch.

Vanadium,weren't there 2 or 3 EPROMs of this version made?I was offered one just like this in 2003,I didn't get for the $525 it would've been mine for had I said 'yes' then.Am I wrong in thinking this?I know who got the one I didn't buy 4 yrs ago,it was not 4ever2600 to my knowledge.I'm not just trying to cause trouble or muddy-the-waters for you two here.Unless the copy I could've got has since moved to 4ever2600 from him.Curious.

Nope, to our knowledge this one is it. Though there is ALWAYS 'another' one laying around somewhere that no one knows about. The kind people at Rebellion software (images, back then) who went on to make the AVP Jag and PC versions and the new PSP AVP game stated themselves that the one floating around on the web was the 'last' release they worked on before they had scrapped the entire project. Both are actually demos for the CES back in the day. I remember playing the one I OWN at the Chicago CES back in 93. I even have video that I took of the game back in the day... Who'd have thought back then that it would have been since scrapped and never released and years later I was able to own the exact one that I played all those years ago... hahhh what could have been...

The copy I know of that was just like yours was in another Atari/Lynx collectors collection until Sept./Oct. 2003.Then it went to a Lynxer in Europe.Have not heard of it or one like it since,till your copy.Can you post or PM me a scan of yours,4ever2600?Thanks. Edit: Thanks for the scans,4ever2600.What level are those EotB scans from?I haven't seen that slug on my copies yet.

Edited by chris_lynx1989

Yeah, If I'm correct, which I'm pretty sure about this one... I REMEMBER the 'other' one that went to Europe... I was offered the proto as well. The person stated that this was the same version, yet even though I had the highest bid, he sold it to someone in Europe... I kept pushing him to show some type of proof that it was really the same one, pics, version, ANYTHING an they would NEVER come up with anything. I had an insane amount offered to him, and he ended up selling it for ALOT LESS, and it got wisked off to Europe to someone. I don't even think the entire thing was legit... No one ever heard from the person in Europe either... Sad thing is, if this was real and the poor person in Europe got taken for a ride, be happy it wasn't you or I... And as far as I'm concerned, until I see REAL proof that this is the case, might as well be a buried ET cart in the New Mexico desert... I'll try to dig up some of the emails from that situation so you can see how silly the whole thing was.

The person I'm referring to lives in Austria.I had the high bid at $525 AND at the very last minute this "chap" jumped in front of me and bid $750 and was "claimed" the winner of the damn thing.I really felt like someone jerked mine really HARD then!It pissed me off!!I was BUYING IT,then it was GONE!Lance and I both know of the guy,we've both dealt with him in the past.He'll pay GOOD money for a proto or etc. if you've got it.Haven't heard from him for a good while now.

Edited by chris_lynx1989

• 7 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...