IGNORED

CGExpo protos on cart releases

lucifershalo

Hmmm... I'm trying to remember all the various releases from over the years, but I keep coming up with either homebrews of protos for Vectrex, Intellivision, and stuff. I know CGE isn't the only folks who have have proto-on-cart releases at past events. Both AA and Atari2600.com have also released protos on carts.

Anyway, I poked around in Google to refresh my memory and the only additions I can find are Snow White, Secret Agent, Save Mary, and Combat Two. And I'm really not sure if Save Mary was released in a cart form, but I found a lot of promo material on the Web about its release. Saw the other three personally though.

Combat II was 2001 as well I believe. Snow White and Real Sports Basketball were hmmm 2002? Or 2003? Then there's Looping and Rush Hour too not mentioned so far. I'd have to check all my ones at home to confirm, unless someone else does first...? I have a feeling all the Fox games were 2003 however.

Combat II was 2001 as well I believe. Snow White and Real Sports Basketball were hmmm 2002? Or 2003? Then there's Looping and Rush Hour too not mentioned so far. I'd have to check all my ones at home to confirm, unless someone else does first...? I have a feeling all the Fox games were 2003 however.

This is correct:

2002: Save The Whales, Pick-Up, Crack'd

2003: Looping Rush Hour, the Entity

Snow White and RS Basketball were also released at CGE (2002 I think) but they were not released by DP, rather by Marc O. I'm not sure if this counts for your list or not.

That's correct, he still has copies of both I believe (so I'll be getting them from him in the new year).

Here's the list I have for Reproductions from CGE

2001---Combat Two, Elevator Action(200), Secret Agent.

2002---Bugs Bunny, Crack'ed, Holey Moely(think this was CGE and Philly Classic), Pick-Up, Real Sports Basketball(250), Save the Whales, Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs(250)

2003---Entity, Looping(250), Rush Hour, Stunt Cycle(Maybe was just philly Classic)

2004---Nada

2005---Nada

2006---Nada

2007---Lasercade(90 Normal/10 Red),Meltdown

Also I believe the original Intellivision Productions releases of Sea Battle and Swordfight were released at CGE 2000, though it could have been a different show. I beleieve all the releases were limited in some effect, I've listed the print runs in ().

I've been working on collection Homebrew, Hack, and Reproduction information for a while across all kinds of systems. I can tell you Atari2600 is by far the most challenging. The Hacks section is really a pain since sooo many people do little 20 or so limited run productions.

Interesting thread, since we have yet to see a comprehensive list of vaporware titles that have actually been released for sale in cartridge form. These, in my opinion, are the greatest contributions to the classic gaming community, in addition to all the homebrewers out there that keep our hobby alive.

Since I keep records of all my purchases, and because I have attended every Philly Classic and every odd-year CGE since 1999, I thought I would be able to provide an authoritative answer to this thread's question.

August 2001 - CGE

- Blue Sky Rangers - Sea Battle, Sword Fight

- Marc Oberhauser - Combat Two

- Atari2600.com - Secret Agent (no box)

- CGE Services - Elevator Action

April 2002 - Philly

- Cassidy Nolen - Polo

- Atari2600.com - Bugs Bunny

August 2002 - CGE

- Marc Oberhauser - RealSports Basketball, Snow White

- Atari2600.com - Holey Moley

- CGE Services - Crack'ed, Pick Up, Save the Whales

March 2003 - Philly

- SunMark - Alligator People (no box)

- AtariAge - 3D Rubik's Cube, Revenge of the Apes

- Atari2600.com - Stunt Cycle

August 2003 - CGE

- CGE Services - Entity, Looping, Rush Hour

March 2004 - Philly

- AtariAge - Saboteur

- Cassidy Nolen - Frog Pond

August 2007 - CGE

- CGE Services - Lasercade, Meltdown (no box)

Edited by bfstats

August 2002 - CGE

- AtariAge - RealSports Basketball, Snow White, Crack'ed, Holey Moley, Pick Up, Save the Whales

Only info I'm not sure of is who sold the titles at CGE 2002. Please post corrections in this thread if any info here is in error.

I think Marc Oberhauser did Basketball and Snow White.

Holey Moley was Atari2600.com.

Crack'ed, Pick Up and Save the Whales were CGE releases.

If anyone is interested, I am selling most of my collection that includes some of these exclusive releases:

JohnnyWC's Atari Stuff on eBay

Some notables:

Elevator Action

Combat Two (two copies)

Crack'ed

3D Rubik's Cube

Realsports BasketBall

Looping

Snow White

Polo (both text and red label)

I'll be listing more in the next few weeks...thanks for looking.

Edited by johnnywc

Advertising in MY topic? :x

you will give me 10% off if I win something :cool:

If anyone is interested, I am selling most of my collection that includes some of these exclusive releases:

JohnnyWC's Atari Stuff on eBay

Some notables:

Elevator Action

Combat Two (two copies)

Crack'ed

3D Rubik's Cube

Realsports BasketBall

Looping

Snow White

Polo (both text and red label)

I'll be listing more in the next few weeks...thanks for looking.