IGNORED

Santa bought me a JagCD

3DOKid

OK. Finally, after 14 years of disappointment, Santa finally pulled through and delievered the one thing I have always longed for. An Atari Jaguar CD. Which leaves but one question. Well. Actually two questions. The first question is: What happened to all the Egg-nog? ...oh, I see, I drank it. The second question is: What cool things can I do with the Jag CD player? Is there a wiki or a guide or an FAQ or something.

All the best! Merry Christmas!!!

OK. Finally, after 14 years of disappointment, Santa finally pulled through and delievered the one thing I have always longed for. An Atari Jaguar CD. Which leaves but one question. Well. Actually two questions. The first question is: What happened to all the Egg-nog? ...oh, I see, I drank it. The second question is: What cool things can I do with the Jag CD player? Is there a wiki or a guide or an FAQ or something.

All the best! Merry Christmas!!!

You can listen to Audio CD's while watching Jeff Minters Virtual Light MAchine on your screen or you can play the Cd games which should be pretty obvious as long as I did not get something wrong. ;-)

Ah yes and if you have CD+G discs ( which I have not) you can play those too

I was pleased to find Primal Rage CD, World Tour Racing CD (sealed), Worms (new), Breakout 2000 (new), and Frog Feast CD under the tree. The list of games left to acquire is almost exhausted. It has only taken me a little over a decade to get this far.

Grats on the CD addon. That is a good score.

It supports CD+G discs? I didn't know that, I'll have to try one.

Santa bought a copy of Frog Feast CD, Primal Rage, Dragon's Lair and Total Carnage!!!!!

Now i feel better, I know that those sweets are under my roof... :) ;)

Santa must really love you! :)

Edited by cdoty

:D CD+G suppoprt - Yes it does :), they almost didn't put this capability into the JaguarCD Player because Sam Tramiel felt it was costing too much money to put the capability into the unit with very little advantage of having it in there, and he thought the money could be better used on another aspect of the CD unit. People don't use CD+G discs too much anymore, except for in bars that do Karaoke night :P, and so Sam thought it would be a little used feature - and I feel he was right about this. But... being that JaguarCD's are NOT data CDs, but are based on Redbook Audio CDs and the development work was pretty much done to integrate the feature into the JaguarCD they went forward with it into production. Audio CDs do allow for the inclusion of separate data in each audio track=CD+G. I need to find that particular interview where Sam was talking about the JaguarCD's development, would like to read it again.

I have collected a lot of the recording industry's produced CD+G discs (it's very hard to find these & most were produced in the late 80's & early 90's) that are not simple just words-on-the-screen Karaoke discs although those will of course work in a JaguarCD Player. These non-karaoke CD+Gs show various pictures, patterns and other stuff as well as the words to the music sometimes. Check out all my posts in this Jaguar Sector 2 thread, I've put all the information and availability lists, that I've gathered from the net into this thread:

http://jaysmith2000.ipbhost.com/index.php?...t=0&start=0

:)

Hmm, does the list need any updates? :) It's been awhile... :P

Hey buddy what's-up? :), that list has really come in handy. Man it's gettin' friggin' cold here in southern Arizona, or maybe my blood has thinned out since moving to this damned desert from New York. The desert nights are quite cool, 33 F tonite.

Yeah, the list could use one JaguarCD update, thanks to Matthias' brilliant handiwork :cool: for making an encrypted JaguarCD out of 1991-'92 Minter code meant for pre-production Jaguar chipsets, and thanks to Glenn Bruner for finding it on an old Atari HDD and sharing it with Jaguar fans here on Atariage. :cool:

It's been officially released into the wild on JaguarCD, "The Jeff Minter Demos CD" check it here:

http://www.mdgames.de/jeffminterdemos.html

Raven1280 at JS2, has been kind enough to make the CD label and insert for this release:

Here: http://jaysmith2000.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=11245

:) :)

Edited by ovalbugmann

What cool things can I do with the Jag CD player? Is there a wiki or a guide or an FAQ or something.

If you would like to convert your JaguarCD player into a VCR :P :D you can make your own Cinepak Jaguar CDs with your own content.

Check out this thread:http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=118123

Santa bought a copy of Frog Feast CD, Primal Rage, Dragon's Lair and Total Carnage!!!!!

Now i feel better, I know that those sweets are under my roof... :) ;)

Santa must really love you! :)

When you put the CD+G disc in, you will go to the VLM disc menu. Press the option button and move to the lower right corner where you can change it from VLM/Random/CD+G.

I have collected a lot of the recording industry's produced CD+G discs (it's very hard to find these & most were produced in the late 80's & early 90's) that are not simple just words-on-the-screen Karaoke discs although those will of course work in a JaguarCD Player. These non-karaoke CD+Gs show various pictures, patterns and other stuff as well as the words to the music sometimes.

I did a CD+G scrolling text demo, with music, awhile back, and a picture slideshow. I'll have to dig them out.

I have collected a lot of the recording industry's produced CD+G discs (it's very hard to find these & most were produced in the late 80's & early 90's) that are not simple just words-on-the-screen Karaoke discs although those will of course work in a JaguarCD Player. These non-karaoke CD+Gs show various pictures, patterns and other stuff as well as the words to the music sometimes.

I did a CD+G scrolling text demo, with music, awhile back, and a picture slideshow. I'll have to dig them out.

How about making a tutorial on making CD+G slideshows?

That would be great!, yeah see if you can find it for us. :)

How about making a tutorial on making CD+G slideshows?

That would be very cool indeed! :) :D, if you have time to put that together, it would be best and allow us to make our own CD+Gs. ;) I've heard special software and a CD+G capable disc burner is needed, is this true?

Here's the webpage that features the CD+G discs:

http://www.rastersoft.net/demoworld/

Creating a slide show isn't too hard. I initially used a tool that would convert the pictures into CD+G format. But, the data had a lot of extra data in it. I eventually wrote my own tools to convert a picture to CD+G.

I still have the build files, if you're interested. It's a bat file that uses the tools to build up each frame.

Edited by cdoty