IGNORED

Nostalgic Atari Jaguar Scans

Doskias

To this day I still wonder about that Jaguar cart with the Jaguar and eyes on it. Purely just a cart label with cart jammed in the slot or something more on it... also notice how much smaller the label is (higher the ridges are)

same with me buddy, never noticed the label! it was probably just for display :)

The Doom review mentions how modem play was intended at one point. How cool that would have been back then.

Too bad they couldn't even get the local networking to play right. I can see it now... dial up, 2 minutes later and get a message like "Error... due to the depths of hell, your connection was reset because of the interference that Satan brings with playing such a demonic game..." or something along that crap ;)

Was that Tiny Toons game far into development?

only one level was partly complete buddy... :(

And as best answer I could get out of former Atari execs was it was probably canceled because of license cost. No one can seem to recall specifically why it was really canceled. I wouldn't be surprised too that they canceled the project because it was just a 2D side scroller and not a 3D game (that's just my theory).

And as best answer I could get out of former Atari execs was it was probably canceled because of license cost. No one can seem to recall specifically why it was really canceled. I wouldn't be surprised too that they canceled the project because it was just a 2D side scroller and not a 3D game (that's just my theory).

My guess is that it was a title originaly liscensed for the Atari Panther, because I remeber when I looked at the back of the Jag box at the time I thought it was odd that they liscensed Tiny Toons a show that was no longer making new episodes and Fox had replaced w/ Animaniacs by this point on major TV. I figure that they paid the money started on it and put it on the back burner for so long w/ Panther becoming the Jag that they would of had to pay more $$ to liscense what was once a hot liscense and was now a not as hot liscence.....less bang for your buck ...Kids are very loyal to their cartoons only when they are popular....Ask any place that sells action figures...ben 10 was all the rage last year and we sold half as much stuff this year. Very few properties have the longevity of Batman, Spiderman, etc.

Edited by Pete5125

I remember reading that Hoverstrike review after I already had the game, and while I agree with some of what the author says, I always fealt the textures were far superior to anything on the Saturn or PSX at the time and I really enjoyed the game, even more so with the much improved CD verison. But I got really pissed of at this idiot reviewer when they mentioned the "huge oversight" of not being able to reverse or strafe which is total nonsense and if they'ed just taken 5 minutes to look at the manual it tells you in the manual how to put the hovercraft into reverse with the push of a button, and also how to strafe while on the move; though I think the reviewer wanted a direct strafe without moving forward or in reverse, like Doom, which is utter crap becuase it's a machine hovercraft, not a person side-stepping, and while it could have been done in that way, I find it more realistic to strafe targets while on the move, as a true hovercraft would react. A lot of reviews like this pissed me off back in the day because it was blindingly obvious to anyone who had played the games already that they didn't care for the Jaguar and were just doing their jobs, and doing them terribly, only spending the least amount of time possible playing the game before reviewing, so they could get back to their beloved PSX's...jerks! :x Takara was the only reviewer I had respect for back then, who did the Jaguar and games justice and actually was unbiased towards the jaguar and actually liked it. If Takara did the review, tagging the game good, bad or o.k., I could at least depend on an honest, well thought review and the fact that he/she actually did their job well in regards to the Jaguar.

Anyhow, good stuff to see these old articles again, some of which I have or had and some I hadn't seen.

Edited by Gunstar

That picture of the toons inside the rocket ship back in '93 is what first got me excited for that jaguar :) . Wish screens or video for that first level could be found.

That picture of the toons inside the rocket ship back in '93 is what first got me excited for that jaguar :) . Wish screens or video for that first level could be found.

there are a few out there not many...

there are a few out there not many...

IIRC, a few years ago an "alpha" of the game was either circulating or was posted for download here or on another Jag site. It wasn't much, to be sure, but I think I remember loading it up eihter via a BJL&cable or onto a flashrom I owned at the time. Just a couple of screens,IIRC, I think you could move a character around but there wasn't much more to it. I also don't recall a title screen or anything, I believe it just started out on the first game screen. :ponder:

Wow!, I thought only Jay had TTA's alphas, I would like to try this Tiny Toon Adventures alpha you speak of. Can you remember who or where is was released? Jay gets bombarded daily with people asking for Jag stuff :(, probably Scott "JagMod" Walters too. ;) So I doubt they would consider letting me have a looksy. Where was it seen last? I would love to see the first screens on my Jag. :) I'll have to search and hunt it down.