IGNORED

Any collectors in the Columbus Ohio area?

brucebidder

Maybe someone shoot a PM to the OP? If his profile still notifies his e-mail of PMs and if that e-mail address is still good and if he's still interested he might come back. Yeah, I know, lotta 'ifs.' The thing is, if he was still "in the scene" he'd probably already be aware of late activity in this thread. Just a thought.

-tet

We're allowed to organize something without him :) Do you want to be added to the Columbus list?

At this rate I think I need to start an "Any other collectors NOT in Ohio" thread! :)

Yeah, what exactly is it with Ohio? I live a bit South of Toledo and I know from experience that it's always been a chore to find anything in the wild here. I've been collecting for 18 years now and any of my really good finds I've stumbled on had just been put out. If you think anything is going to sit on a shelf for a while around here, you are sadly mistaken. Maybe it's just the fact that there's really not much else to do in Ohio ;-)

The key seems to be persistence, at least in my eyes. I've been hitting the local thrifts a couple times a week for the past several years as well as picking one of the multiple flea markets in the Cincinnati area to hit a couple weekends a month. I've had varying degrees of success, with my best local score being a Tooth Protectors with manual that I found a few years ago. My best luck for Atari stuff has mostly been hitting the outdoor setups at the flea markets during the summer months, as well as hitting town-wide yard sales. At this point, the thrifts tend to get picked bare very quickly.

• 2 weeks later...

Note: Us Columbusites(?) still should get together sometime. Doesn't look like the OP will be organizing that, though, as the last time he posted was nearly a year ago.

Here's a list of members from the Columbus area:

cvga

brucebidder

DuesExMachina

chrisbid

Atari Dogs

atarian63

Blur2040

uglyclone

kenfused

fiddlepaddle

DaytonaUSA

TheThinker

nagn2

Ben_Larson

3wd

frogstar_robot

and more from Ohio...

Zwackery

slosu

nonner242

JerryTerrifying

thebiggw

IceCold

CincYnoTi

MattG/Snyper2099

Big Player

pboland

gamecrawler

I'm sure I'm missing many more in each list. If you live in Columbus (or Ohio) and aren't on the list, post a response and I'll add you. I'll also send you a note if something gets officially organized.

I live near Dayton.

I went to Ohio State many years ago, haven't been back to Columbus since. The City Center had just opened and Polaris was just a concert venue.

I used to frequent a store on the Northwest side of Columbus, it had yellow awnings and simply said Nintendo. It was the best video game store I ever knew.

I went to Ohio State many years ago, haven't been back to Columbus since. The City Center had just opened and Polaris was just a concert venue.

I used to frequent a store on the Northwest side of Columbus, it had yellow awnings and simply said Nintendo. It was the best video game store I ever knew.

Times have changed! The City Center is just an empty shell waiting to be torn down and there are no more concerts at Polaris. Ironically there are more concerts downtown (at the Lifestyle pavillion) and tons of shopping at Polaris :)

Where was the store you used to visit? I'm wondering if it was a Video Games Express. They used to have several locations years ago.

Times have changed! The City Center is just an empty shell waiting to be torn down and there are no more concerts at Polaris. Ironically there are more concerts downtown (at the Lifestyle pavillion) and tons of shopping at Polaris :)

Where was the store you used to visit? I'm wondering if it was a Video Games Express. They used to have several locations years ago.

I don't remember the exact location. I haven't been to that store since 1994! It definitely wasn't part of a chain. Now I remember that the store was on the NorthEAST side, just off I-270. They used to carry the stuff like NeoGeo that I never saw anywhere else.

Note: Us Columbusites(?) still should get together sometime. Doesn't look like the OP will be organizing that, though, as the last time he posted was nearly a year ago.

Here's a list of members from the Columbus area:

cvga

brucebidder

DuesExMachina

chrisbid

Atari Dogs

atarian63

Blur2040

uglyclone

kenfused

fiddlepaddle

DaytonaUSA

TheThinker

nagn2

Ben_Larson

3wd

frogstar_robot

and more from Ohio...

Zwackery

slosu

nonner242

JerryTerrifying

thebiggw

IceCold

CincYnoTi

MattG/Snyper2099

Big Player

pboland

gamecrawler

I'm sure I'm missing many more in each list. If you live in Columbus (or Ohio) and aren't on the list, post a response and I'll add you. I'll also send you a note if something gets officially organized.

I live near Dayton.

Add in Atari_Bill from the Toledo area.