IGNORED

atari in thailand ....

jahfish

Great stuff, fish, but you already know how jealous I am. :lust:

Interestingly, I have games with the MOMO, JOJO, Galaxy and 'joystick/glove' labels also. And they were found in... Germany! Looks like you don't have to go all the way to Bangkok to find these babies :D

Cheers,

Marco

I can count about 20 lawsuits just waiting to happen from those labels.  

Tempest

lol, back in my country everything was from taiwan or thailand, even my system was a clon. I never saw an Activision or Atari original cart, and of course, multicarts... not that 1 cart 1 game. I remember switching the atari off and on to change the games :) So bad all the games are PAL :(

Osbo

I'm with Matty - that R2/C3PO cart ROCKS!!! Matty - if he'll sell, maybe we can have joint custody? BTW, what game is actually on that cart? I'm assuming it's a Star Wars game - but who knows?

Ah, talking about lawsuits... whew... When I was living in China - unfriggin' believable the stuff they'd get away with there - IN OPEN MARKETS!!! We got Ep 1 on DVD the day after it came out - most movies BEFORE they came out - or a day later. If it wasn't off a master, it'd be some guy in a movie theater with a camera - kinda interesting watching people walk accross your t.v. screen. I brought home a few of my fav. covers... I really like my "Thomas Crown Affair" with "007" logos all over it...

well beeing on the biggest message board, having nobody here that ever saw those or even found one (even) in bankog and having even marco being surprised and jealous, i feel forced to rank those carts right after air raid, also beeing found just once

:P :wink: :D

welcome to the holy thai grail !

of course i am selling them .... 250$ each :P

i have one double, and it's the Taito cartridge with the illustration stolen from polaris ... saying "jojo"

i'll trade that one for a turkish atari cartridge (my next mission) ;)

the CP3O/R2D2 game is really cool. it's jungle hunt, but somehow the title mutaded to:

JUNKLE HUT

say hello to jabba ;)

would be interesting to find out about thai collectors. if anybody has more skills than me (can only say hello - goodbye - thanx - fishsoup and caniuseyourphone) or even a thai friend, try searching the net a bit, and provide us with a few more infos about the collecting scene over there

maybe it would be good to contact any gaming magazine or similar.

In Thailand, you can probably trade your young son or daughter for a cartridge.

Boycotting Thai food forever,

Pedophile-Hating Chris

P.S. I'm surprised that nobody's come up with a hypothetical Powerslave game screen-shot yet... :D

(Or maybe I'm just old, and very few people know about Iron Maiden's classic era?)

Sweet Jesus, I want that God cart! I certainly caught the Powerslave pic...

(Oh, and the "Yamato" one? That's a graphic off of an SG-1000 game from Japan; I've seen another cart with N-Sub, another SG-1000 game, in the past. Finally, the gloved hands one is apparently Hin-Seng... I've seen a couple others of these.)

Great find Jah!

• 6 years later...

After all this time I finally scored some Thai carts.

They haven't arrived yet. Cool Waterworld bootleg cover, for which I assume is the Dolphin cart. The one that I'm most excited for is the green Century Navarone. I love the unknown. :)

Then again, Bit Corp's Mr. Postman is probably my favorite game of all time. The Cold Pac boot is a lovely addition to my collection. :D

I'm was pretty sure the Fantastic Game multicart is from Mexico, but I guess it must be a Taiwan boot since it showed up in the land of smiles.

atariA1.jpg

atariA2.jpg

atariA3.jpg

atariA4.jpg

atariA5.jpg

Edited by ResOGlas

Awesome haul!!! I have seen those Century carts show up in France. ;)

They haven't arrived yet. Cool Waterworld bootleg cover, for which I assume is the Dolphin cart. The one that I'm most excited for is the green Century Navarone. I love the unknown. :)

Then again, Bit Corp's Mr. Postman is probably my favorite game of all time. The Cold Pac boot is a lovely addition to my collection. :D

I'm was pretty sure the Fantastic Game multicart is from Mexico, but I guess it must be a Taiwan boot since it showed up in the land of smiles.

atariA1.jpg

atariA2.jpg

atariA3.jpg

atariA4.jpg

atariA5.jpg

Awesome haul!!! I have seen those Century carts show up in France. ;)

Thanks man. I love all the brazil carts, and the like. Jahfish had the only Thai carts I knew of until now. :)

It's my dream to discover a hack like Air Raid. The hunt is always fun, and the labels are all great.

Edited by ResOGlas

atariA1.jpg

atariA2.jpg

atariA3.jpg

atariA4.jpg

atariA5.jpg

Now we're talking.

Beautiful carts.

Congratulations and many thanks for sharing!

I'll try to catagorize these in our database, but to do that properly I need to know which end label title(s) from the last picture belong to which carts on the first picture and to see the end labels of the carts on the third picture.

BTW: that SpaceVision Raiders cart is by far the coolest cart I've ever seen.

The artwork is a unique combination of a still and a movie scene picture.

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

Now we're talking.

Beautiful carts.

Congratulations and many thanks for sharing!

I'll try to catagorize these in our database, but to do that properly I need to know which end label title(s) from the last picture belong to which carts on the first picture and to see the end labels of the carts on the third picture.

No worries , I'll get better pics and scans for you as soon as the carts arrive.

BTW: that SpaceVision Raiders cart is by far the coolest cart I've ever seen.

The artwork is a unique combination of a still and a movie scene picture.

8)

Yeah, that's a totally rad cart. I'll scan that one at high DPI for you, in case you want to print a poster or something like getting a tattoo. :P

So what's the general consensus on the origin of Jahfish' and my cart's country of origin. Our lots were both from Thailand. I notice that Atarimania has Jo-Jo and TYTHM listed as the only Thai carts. It's pretty clear that Jahfish' God cart is from Thailand because it says made in Thailand on it.

I don't see the publisher Cold Pac listed on Atarimania though. is it safe to say that Cold Pac is a Thai company?

Edited by ResOGlas