IGNORED

atari in thailand ....

jahfish

The Raiders artwork is indeed unique.

I've never seen it before (which means something) and I browsed through the collection of the guy who owns the biggest ROTLA collection in the world and I couldn't find it there either.

I'll talk to him about it and keep you informed.

BTW: the Indy pose is based on this studio photo:

post-6203-1249562912_thumb.jpg

Looking forward to the scans.

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

The Raiders artwork is indeed unique.

I've never seen it before (which means something) and I browsed through the collection of the guy who owns the biggest ROTLA collection in the world and I couldn't find it there either.

I'll talk to him about it and keep you informed.

BTW: the Indy pose is based on this studio photo:

indystars.jpg

p1020495e.jpg

Wow, pretty weird for a bootleg atari cart from the 80s to show up with art based off of a studio photo? Seems like a lot of effort, considering the game isn't even ROTLA.

Edited by ResOGlas

are there any reliable sellers of these anywhere? I imagine that tons of things were cranked out by the pirate factories. heck I almost wouldn't be surprised if somewhere they were still being cranked out.

If you mean reliable sellers of pirate carts, there's a few members on this forum that buy and sell Brazil carts. There's no Thai Atari collectors that I can think of. I know in some places Famicom carts are still being produced, but I can't think of any factory produced 2600 carts manufactured in modern times.

Ok, the ROTLA collector has never seen this artwork before.

Here's his reply:

In the foreign markets they hire many local artists to do their artwork. Many of the international Raiders posters feature popular talent from their region instead of the Amsel art. I'd be willing to bet this was the case here, especially since the game is a bootleg. I've never seen the art before but I have seen similar styles. The pic below is one that was obviously done for the film but never used. Perhaps the art used on the game is the same or created specifically for the bootleg game.

post-6203-1249736698_thumb.jpg

Guess you own something quite special then.

For VCS cart collectors as well as ROTLA material collectors.

8)

are there any reliable sellers of these anywhere? I imagine that tons of things were cranked out by the pirate factories. heck I almost wouldn't be surprised if somewhere they were still being cranked out.

Me! :P

Already traded with several guys here. :D I don't post in AA forum since 2005! But unfortunately there are some years (4 or more) I don't go to flea markets and I have very few items available. :( But if I have something available I would prefer to trade it for something else, not just sell it. ;)

I had a webpage about Brazilian videogames and carts, but I had to move my domain to another registrar and the page is down, I must put it back.

I also love the German/Austrian Atari 2600 labels and the Australian labels too.

Greetings

Sergio Charin

• 4 months later...