IGNORED

atari in thailand ....

jahfish

No problem; glad to help out. :) I am not sure what Navarone is??? I do not think I have that one, but I will take a look. So many different pirate labels out there. I love to collect them! :D

Pirate carts are fascinating creatures which is why I love the challenge of trying to identify them all. Thanks for the help ;)

Whoa! That is a massive project; I think you have been working at this one for quite some time. Do you have a list compiled?

I have been working with a close friend on a personal project that will be unvieled once the financial problem (lack of finances) has been rectified. I have doing this ever since 99 when I first discovered Ebay ;)

Ha! :D I know your list is huge,

No, it's not:

Ammunition

Base (Base Attack?)

Baumeister (Master Builder)

Bea Attack

Brick Kick (Frisco)

Bump Ball

Cat & Mouse (Cat Trax)

Chinese Konshu (Dancing Plate)

Demond (Condor Attack?)

Donkey Kony (Donkey Kong)

Duck Shoot (Kampf um die Schatzinsel)

Flying Saucer (Base Attack)

Frooger (Frogger)

Funnix (Phoenix?)

Hero & Beauty (King Kong)

Jump Ice (Frostbite)

King of World

Lasser (Stampede)

Lie Low

Number Zapper (Word Zapper?)

Oops

Phantom Tank I (Phantom Tank?)

Robot (Berzerk)

Scream (The Earth Dies Screaming)

Skirun (Ski Run)

Ski Runner (Ski Run?)

Sneak Attack

Space Ark (Cosmic Ark)

Star Raid

Super Ray (Sky Alien)

Tennis I (Tennis?)

Thunder Birds (Thunderground)

Turmel (Turmoil)

Valleyball (RealSports Volleyball)

Wolf und Schwein (Pooyan)

Wolf Fighting (Pooyan?)

Hardly worth mentioning.

And I'm sure that some of these titles are mentioned only on multi-game carts.

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

Ha! :D I know your list is huge,

No, it's not:

Ammunition

Base (Base Attack?)

Baumeister (Master Builder)

Bea Attack

Brick Kick (Frisco)

Bump Ball

Cat & Mouse (Cat Trax)

Chinese Konshu (Dancing Plate)

Demond (Condor Attack?)

Donkey Kony (Donkey Kong)

Duck Shoot (Kampf um die Schatzinsel)

Flying Saucer (Base Attack)

Frooger (Frogger)

Funnix (Phoenix?)

Hero & Beauty (King Kong)

Jump Ice (Frostbite)

King of World

Lasser (Stampede)

Lie Low

Number Zapper (Word Zapper?)

Oops

Phantom Tank I (Phantom Tank?)

Robot (Berzerk)

Scream (The Earth Dies Screaming)

Skirun (Ski Run)

Ski Runner (Ski Run?)

Sneak Attack

Space Ark (Cosmic Ark)

Star Raid

Super Ray (Sky Alien)

Tennis I (Tennis?)

Thunder Birds (Thunderground)

Turmel (Turmoil)

Valleyball (RealSports Volleyball)

Wolf und Schwein (Pooyan)

Wolf Fighting (Pooyan?)

Hardly worth mentioning.

And I'm sure that some of these titles are mentioned only on multi-game carts.

8)

Actually Rom it is worth mentioning as it is not complete. Once the list is complete then it wont be worth mentioning. Secondly you are again wrong in your assumptions. I have noticed that most games on multi carts appear as single carts too and the names on the list are no exception. Ammunition is particular has been confirmned as a cart in its own right so please don't go around telling people that it is of no importance for it is of high importance to myself and others of like mind ;)

Relax, Fox.

I'm not saying it's worthless.

It can be used as a reference once in a while.

And I'm sure that most of these titles exist as single game carts.

After all: these titles come from ancient old lists grabbed from the net (yes, I saw them too), so they must be based on something.

And time has proven that a lot of these titles were indeed found (not especially thanks to this list, but simply because they were found at a certain moment).

All I'm saying is that it's not a huge list anymore.

Perhaps Ian can help you out identifying the last ones:

http://www.angelfire.com/id/ianoid/AtariImp.html

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

I think you misunderstood me Rom Hunter; I meant the Atarimania site list of pirates was huge :) I have been collecting for over 30 years now, and I am still amazed at some of the bizarre names of games that come up on pirate carts either as single games or on multi-carts. There is always something new to be found ;)

Edited by Frostbite Bailey

I think you misunderstood me Rom Hunter; I meant the Atarimania site list of pirates was huge :) I have been collecting for over 30 years now, and I am still amazed at some of the bizarre names of games that come up on pirate carts either as single games or on multi-carts. There is always something new to be found ;)

True.

Even originals are still found:

http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-2600-vcs-challenge_15441.html

According to my calculations (studying the model numbers of all the Brazilian VCS cart companies known to exist), the complete VCS carts list (1977 - 1992) counts no less than 10,000 different cart releases (not counting the minor label variations).

That's a lot more than some collectors used to think there would be:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/5831-okayfirst-dumb-question-from-a-newbie-to-this-site/page__p__52159__hl__how%20many%20released__fromsearch__1#entry52159

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

Relax, Fox.

I'm not saying it's worthless.

It can be used as a reference once in a while.

And I'm sure that most of these titles exist as single game carts.

After all: these titles come from ancient old lists grabbed from the net (yes, I saw them too), so they must be based on something.

And time has proven that a lot of these titles were indeed found (not especially thanks to this list, but simply because they were found at a certain moment).

All I'm saying is that it's not a huge list anymore.

Perhaps Ian can help you out identifying the last ones:

http://www.angelfire.com/id/ianoid/AtariImp.html

8)

Actually I have gone one step further and gained semi proof. A couple of collectors from Brazil contacted me last year telling me that they had seen a couple of the games on the list as carts on their ebay. Sadly they didn't buy them but it is proof (of a kind). Also the rfact that 5 eagle and navarone have turned up as single carts is again proof that there are more multi cart titles released as single carts than most originally believed. If I sound short with you Rom then I apologise but at this minute in time my wife is in the early stages of labour and my mind is stretched on several points right now ;)

Actually I have gone one step further and gained semi proof. A couple of collectors from Brazil contacted me last year telling me that they had seen a couple of the games on the list as carts on their ebay. Sadly they didn't buy them but it is proof (of a kind). Also the rfact that 5 eagle and navarone have turned up as single carts is again proof that there are more multi cart titles released as single carts than most originally believed. If I sound short with you Rom then I apologise but at this minute in time my wife is in the early stages of labour and my mind is stretched on several points right now ;)

No problem, Fox.

I know the feeling.

8)

• 2 months later...

the story continues .... i am expecting a new delivery from a thai friend very soon ....

here's a preview ;)

Your Jumbo, Charlie Games, and Victory Video carts in this lot all appear to be Thai Tythm carts at first glance from the cases. ;)

I have a Victory Video Games cart in a tythm case, and one in a non-tythm case, both with absolutely identical labels.

Edited by ResOGlas

• 2 years later...

A quick teaser for Rom Hunter. :)

p1020495e.jpg

I'm still sitting on this cart. As a matter of fact it was stolen from me and it took me a long time to track down the perptrators and retrieve my cart!

Now everytime I see the label I want to save the world! Not save the world in the Indiana Jones sense, but more in the likes of how a bootleg Indiana Jones would act. :)

Edited by Mr. Postman