IGNORED

Crazy deals at Wal-Mart for 360, Wii!

Just got home a while ago after a short detour at the local Wal-Mart, where I found a ton of deals going on. Not sure if these are local, but I wanted to let you guys know about it just in case you see similar clearances going on in your area. I'm pretty sure it's just my local store trying to get rid of some overstocked Christmas bundles and specials, but all the same, here's the goods I found:

Nintendo DS Case w/ Game (Elite Beat Agents or True Swing Golf) & Accessories Holiday Bundle: $10.00

GBA Tomb Raider Anniversary and Capcom Classics 2-pack: $7.00

Nintendo DS lunchbox-style case w/ accessories Holiday Bundle: $10.00

Wii Nunchuck + Glove Holiday Bundle: $12.00

Wii Remote Gloves (3 pack): $12.00

Wii Classic Controller Glove + 2000 Wii Pts.: $12.00

Xbox 360 Rapid Charger: $10.00

Xbox 360 Plug & Play Charge Kit: $7.00

Xbox 360 Messenger Kit w/ Standard Headset: $10.00

Xbox 360 Standard Headset: $7.00

Xbox 360 Halo 3 Wireless Controller w/ Master Chief figure: $30.00

Xbox 360 Wirleless Network Adaptor: $25.00

Xbox (original) EA Sports titles 2006 and previous: $2.50

I picked up the 360 Quick Charge Kit and the Wii Nunchuck. Going to go back later on Friday to load up on Wii Points while they're half-price (nobody around here will buy them much, I'm sure). :D

And again, most of these things were Holiday specials being sold for Christmas, so these clearance items and prices may vary from store to store, but be sure to keep an eye out and you can score you a good deal on some gaming equipment.

Anybody else seeing similar deals like this in stores near you these days (whether in Wal-Mart or not)?

No PS3 deals?

Not that I saw, although I wasn't looking for PS3 stuff since I don't own one yet. Mostly what I saw were some odds-and-ends Xbox 360 stuff (which my local Wal-Mart seems to always have too many of anyway) and those Wii and DS Holiday Bundles.

For the Nintendo stuff, you can check out BD&A Gamer. They're the ones that put the stuff out: www.bdagamer.com

Sometimes the Wal-Mart around here goes nuts on clearance prices. It seldom happens, but when it does, they offer good deals. Four years ago, I picked up four TI-89 calculators for $25 a pop once. One for myself, the three to resale. I only sold one though. I still have the other two. They've been opened, but only because the calculators were taken out of the plastic and kept in back of the store in the stock room. And many's the time I've gone in and picked up old strategy guides for games a year or two old for $0.50 to $2.00.

At my local wal mart they had brand new twilight princess for 20.00 for the cube

all there 50.00 games were marked at 20.00 as they were making room for

wii

and ps3

I also picked up fatal frame 3 for ps2 new for 20.00 there

i hear thats hard to come by

No PS3 deals?

Not that I saw, although I wasn't looking for PS3 stuff since I don't own one yet. Mostly what I saw were some odds-and-ends Xbox 360 stuff (which my local Wal-Mart seems to always have too many of anyway) and those Wii and DS Holiday Bundles.

For the Nintendo stuff, you can check out BD&A Gamer. They're the ones that put the stuff out: www.bdagamer.com

Sometimes the Wal-Mart around here goes nuts on clearance prices. It seldom happens, but when it does, they offer good deals. Four years ago, I picked up four TI-89 calculators for $25 a pop once. One for myself, the three to resale. I only sold one though. I still have the other two. They've been opened, but only because the calculators were taken out of the plastic and kept in back of the store in the stock room. And many's the time I've gone in and picked up old strategy guides for games a year or two old for $0.50 to $2.00.

I'm gonna check my local WM. That's 75% off on the 360 Wireless adapter..

That's exactly why I checked it out. That brings it more in line with other wireless adaptors.

$99 is WAY overpriced. The last A/B/G USB adaptor I purchased was under $30 and it was Super A/B/G.

Walmart deals are always extremely "Your Mileage May Very". I've seen the items mentioned on end caps at my Walmart though - I may have to run in tonight and scan a few items and see what happens...especially the Wiipoints thing.

That's how it is around here too. I could, on any given day, go into four different Wal-Mart stores, pick up the same item in each one, and give you four different quoted prices on them.

As for the Wireless Network Adaptor, if it weren't for the fact that I use my 360 so near to the PC (and the router), I'd have picked that up as it was the only one left... especially after I got home and saw that they went for $99 regular (I was thinking they were $50 for some reason). I almost cried.

Still, I'm hoping some of those deals will be hanging around my local Wal-Mart here in town, or in some of the other Wal-Mart stores I might get a chance to hit over the weekend. I'm definitely picking up another Wii Points card while they're nearly half price. It's times like this that I wish I were working full-time with a paycheck. I'd go stock up on 'em. :D (Such are the woes of a college student fully devoted to studies with nary a minute hardly to spare).

Incidentally, are there any good deals going on this weekend at K-Mart stores? I might get a chance to swing by one of those over the weekend as well.

• 2 weeks later...