IGNORED

More Atari/jaguar scans articles&reviews

Gunstar

I don't know how rare these articles are, but they are definitive articles on Atari and the Jaguar from basically Atari's last year, when hope and promise were still saturating the air for Atari and their fans alike. Enjoy. Possibly more to come...

EDIT: I forgot to upload the last page of the first article, it's on here now, on the bottom right. Also, cover added at request of ovalbugman. It's a wrap around cover, but the backside is all black with just the red scratches, so I didn't bother scanning it.

post-149-1199928663_thumb.jpg

post-149-1199928717_thumb.jpg

post-149-1199928764_thumb.jpg

post-149-1199928822_thumb.jpg

post-149-1199928898_thumb.jpg

post-149-1199928942_thumb.jpg

post-149-1199928980_thumb.jpg

post-149-1199929020_thumb.jpg

post-149-1199929065_thumb.jpg

post-149-1199929127_thumb.jpg

post-149-1199932459_thumb.jpg

post-149-1199934947_thumb.jpg

post-149-1199936946_thumb.jpg

post-149-1200012639_thumb.jpg

post-149-1200024526_thumb.jpg

post-149-1200024649_thumb.jpg

post-149-1200024726_thumb.jpg

post-149-1200024869_thumb.jpg

post-149-1200024970_thumb.jpg

post-149-1200025039_thumb.jpg

post-149-1200025096_thumb.jpg

post-149-1200025194_thumb.jpg

post-149-1200025309_thumb.jpg

post-149-1200025421_thumb.jpg

post-149-1200025466_thumb.jpg

post-149-1200025528_thumb.jpg

post-149-1200025594_thumb.jpg

post-149-1200025659_thumb.jpg

post-149-1200025707_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gunstar

Atari gears up for battle

So that's what they were doing. :D

Got the voice modem and the VR helmet (projected $200 price!) in the same article - classic.

Unfortunately the marketing and development gears were stripped... :(

Personally, I think if Atari had one more year before the PSX and Saturn emerged, say they came out when the N64 did, Atari would have survived. Atari, at the time of these articles, had TONS of developers starting to develop for the Jaguar, but Sega and especially Sony had much deeper pockets than Atari, so many of the Jaguar's developers jumped ship or at least put Jaguar development on the back burner in favor of more funds developing for the competition. Marketing at Atari just always sucked, mainly do to a lack of funds from the top.

Edited by Gunstar

Awesome Gunstar! That's the famous April 1995 NG issue huh. :) I've been wanting to check it out and read it, but haven't been able until now!! :D Many thanks! Hey, When you have some more time, do you think you could scan the cover, if possible? I think it's the one that says " Jaguar - pussycat?" I have some small pics of the cover, but a full size scan would be great!

Awesome Gunstar! That's the famous April 1995 NG issue huh. :) I've been wanting to check it out and read it, but haven't been able until now!! :D Many thanks! Hey, When you have some more time, do you think you could scan the cover, if possible? I think it's the one that says " Jaguar - pussycat?" I have some small pics of the cover, but a full size scan would be great!

I was going to scan the cover too, but decided it wasn't important. I'll put it up now. There is also a huge article on Nolan Bushnell and a page long Q&A with Sam Tramiel and the future of Atari and the Jag, where Sam makes some infamous quotes about the competition. I'll scan them in tomorrow if there's ny interest. As well as the original 2-page Jaguar CD ad.

Edited by Gunstar

Next Generation was the best modern mag around. I wish they were still in production. :thumbsup:

I agree, though I think it is still around, but have just changed their name to NextGen and deteriorated into what it is today (not bad, but not Next Generation of the '90's)

It says "lifecycle 2" etc., so I assumed it was the rebirth of the same magazie company or something..no? It says the full name in small print underneath the title. I think this one is still around too, isn't it? (see below)

My favorite mag of the era was Diehard Gamefan, with my favorite reviewer for the Jaguar; Takara, they where less biased than most, and actually had people like him/her that actually liked the Jag and gave very fair and good reviews. Later most of the columnists/reviewers turned on the Jag near the end, but Takara always defended it until the end. (see the thread with all the Jaguar game reviews/previews scans, many are by Takara from DHGF: http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=118846 )

post-149-1199935500_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gunstar

Thanks for putting the cover up. :) :D

I'd be interested in the 2-page JaguarCD ad & 1-page Sam Tramiel interview, whenever you get time those would be great too.

How long is the Nolan interview?, is it from '95?, does he talk about Atari's then current projects and directions such as Jaguar or does he talk about the old stuff?

Thanks for putting the cover up. :) :D

I'd be interested in the 2-page JaguarCD ad & 1-page Sam Tramiel interview, whenever you get time those would be great too.

How long is the Nolan interview?, is it from '95?, does he talk about Atari's then current projects and directions such as Jaguar or does he talk about the old stuff?

It's basically a bio and Q&A of himself, his history, before Atari, with Atari and since those days (he stared the Chuckie Cheese restaruants with the arcades and robot entertainment ala Disney). He had long since left Atari by then, ten years in the hands of the Tramiels from Commodore by the time this article appeared. The Sam interview and JagCD ad I'll put up now. I'll look to see how long the Nolan article is...

added a bunch more reviews/previews. There are 2 AvP pages out of order at the top, the first top row to the left and the second top row to the right. I don't know why it ended up seperated as I put them up one after the other...actually all four at the top SHOULD have been place at the bottom but the forum editor placed them first and out of order...JFYI. :?

Edited by Gunstar

added a bunch more reviews/previews. There are 2 AvP pages out of order at the top, the first top row to the left and the second top row to the right. I don't know why it ended up seperated as I put them up one after the other...actually all four at the top SHOULD have been place at the bottom but the forum editor placed them first and out of order...JFYI. :?

thanks Gunstar :cool:

dude that st portable looks sick!

part of all the debate and blood that has been shed (lol) has a lot to do with the delivery and follow up with atari in a business sense. so much could have been done....

thanks for the scans...

Yeah, the ST portables are sick! Obviously that picture only shows some highlights of Atari hardware, but some of the best isn't even shown! Anywho, the original ST portable was the STacy, and later the STbook (both are shown, not sure which one looks "sick" to you, but they both ARE SICK! which was much more "portable" a bit closer to the notebooks of today. If only they had made TT and/or Falcon versions...at LEAST and STE version!

Edited by Gunstar