IGNORED

Atari Jaguar Revived As Dental Camera

phonedork

atairJaguarasadentalcamera.jpg

Per wiki!

Some time later, Imagin Systems, a manufacturer of dental imaging equipment, purchased the molding plates for several of the Jaguar's casings as, with minor modification, they were the right size for housing their HotRod camera.[5] Even the game cartridge molds were reused to create an optional memory expansion card. Later product casings also bear a significant resemblance to the Jaguar.

Wow! I guess the Jaguar has lived on!

atairJaguarasadentalcamera.jpg

Per wiki!

Some time later, Imagin Systems, a manufacturer of dental imaging equipment, purchased the molding plates for several of the Jaguar's casings as, with minor modification, they were the right size for housing their HotRod camera.[5] Even the game cartridge molds were reused to create an optional memory expansion card. Later product casings also bear a significant resemblance to the Jaguar.

Wow! I guess the Jaguar has lived on!

That design is perfect for that application.

Very old news.

Yeah, but how awesome is it having a 32bit dental camera? :evil:

:P

32bit? Don't you mean 64bit? The Atari Jaguar was a 64bit console, sadly (and this is opinion), software developers didn't know how to write games back then to take full advantage of it's power. For example, the Val Gere Sking and Snowboarding game almost runs to fast to really enjoy. Though the Atari Jag was pitted about the PS1 and the SNES, neither of these systems could keep up with the Jag's performance! Personally, I'm glad someone found a useful purpose for the console design. I would love to see one of these in my dentist's office!

Very old news.

Yeah, but how awesome is it having a 32bit dental camera? :evil:

:P

You mean 16-bit?

If you are going to be inaccurate do it right...4 / 16 bit processors... :roll:

Yea!!!!!!!!! Thats the spirit guys! :D

If they made the mold bigger it could have been a fancy toilet for the rich! I like that idea! :P

Is that screen actually permanently mounted?

No. It could be pretty easily done though. It doesn't come through in the pics but that RGB LCD is sharp as hell. :cool:

Ooh! Too cool! RGB LCD! it may be cool to be permanently mounted too, though not to convenient if you want to use the Jaguar normally as well. I'm sure it is sharp and colorful. I have my Jag connected to an Atari RGB monitor, and it's very sharp and colorful, i would imagine the new LCD tech is even sharper.