IGNORED

Man Cannon Fodder is one tough game

Ite

Best tactic I have for taking on those bazooka guys is to split your squad and take 1 soldier to take them on. Just keep moving and fire at them. If you have a bazooka as well it's already a little easier to get them since you don't have to get too close.

Later on in the game there's a level in which you've got to zigzag to the top. On almost every corner there's a bazooka guy. Haven't beaten it yet :-).

Ah, made it! Now I'm stuck on Mission 6, Phase 2. There's just so many of them and only 4 of me :P

I find I make progress if I play in little spurts, maybe try for 15-20 minutes..and then if I'm not doing a little better every round, give up and try again the next day. Otherwise I just get frustrated and I'm afraid I'll throw my controller against the wall and break it (and Ionly have the one ) :P

Level 6-1 is where you start in the top left corner on some kind of mountain ridge right? Brownish level? Those stairs are indeed extremely annoying. Have lost many fine men on that as well. There's a hole in the bridge on the right if I'm not mistaken, so guide them slowly over the left of it. Once down, take out the barracks at the bottom right. Snipers/Bazookas are waiting for you a bit further on the left. So be careful.

That's the one! I've gotten past it 2 or 3 times now...I'm finding (surprise surprise) 6-2 to be a lot harder..It's just so big, so many enemies, so many places to die :P there's really no room for error. I find with this game, I have to make a plan of action, which is the best way to proceed through a level..and then stick to it, over and over..maybe making it a little bit farther each time. There's no room for running around randomly shooting things. Splitting the squad has also helped since I learned how to do that...and using cover wisely...I was doing alright in 6-2, made it down the stairs and past the bazooka guy..And then there was a sniper on the frigging rooftop!

Also, is there a way to destroy the bigger buildings, or just the little ones that look like log cabins?

Not that I can remember. I believe at one point I took the Official Jaguar Guide (or whatever the thing is called) which walkthroughs of some (all?) of the levels just to get passed them. I'm not sure if I remember 6-2 well, is that the huge map with a rather large base with fences around it? I believe there was a vehicle available in it as well.

• 2 years later...

I was going to start a new thread on how frustratingly hard Cannon Fodder is, but then I found this one which sums up alot of what I'm going through. This game is nails hard.

I'm struggling with Mission 8, and have made it once to 8-3. I spent hours just trying to get past 8-2, which is the first time you come across hardened bunkers in which you must enter the turret to destroy. I've got a good plan of attack, in which you set up a couple of individual soldiers to lay covering fire, after you've used them to kill all the snipers. But even with covering fire there's just so many grunts it's difficult to actually pull it off. I figure if you lose any of your 4 guys on that stage before you kill the snipers and set-up, then just surrender and start over.

I really hate it when my own guys on cover will lob grenades and blow up the turret! Then you have to start over because that's the only way to finish the stage. It's a fun game for a little bit on these hard stages, but quickly becomes infuriating and not fun. If I'm not making progress I can only play for about 30 minutes before I want to throw the controller through the wall. I would have had the patience when I was younger, during the old days to whoop ass on this game, but not any more.

Played on the Amiga whilst staying at brother-in-laws, back in the day, loved (what little he let me play) so of course i bought Jaguar version on day 1, when i was an owner, loved it, got on ok with controls, but like rest of you, soon hit a brick wall.Game seemed unfair (you, wading through water, enemy firing RPG's at you, from off-screen etc) so frustration soon set in and i've never had an urge to return to it via emulation on the other console versions (SNES/MD).

Had heard a claim Jaguar conversion was done by bunch of Amiga coders, The Dome? supposed to have done things like Bob's Bad Day on Amiga etc.No idea if it's true though.

The game is hard but doable. My copy is saved on the last mission with zero tombstones on the hill. I have never been able to get through all phases of that last mission without losing at least one soldier. Now that is frustrating. The game's guide is instrumental in proceeding through the game in a timely manner.

Does anyone know how to blow up the cabins? I've been stuck on the mission where you have to blow up three for awhile now.

You potentially might not know this (I didn't until I looked at the manual/online), but to throw a Grenade, you need to hold down one of the face buttons AND (can't remember which) press fire at the same time.

That'll probably help you out.

That is AFTER you have picked up a crate of grenades of course ;)

You potentially might not know this (I didn't until I looked at the manual/online), but to throw a Grenade, you need to hold down one of the face buttons AND (can't remember which) press fire at the same time.

That'll probably help you out.

That is AFTER you have picked up a crate of grenades of course ;)

Thanks for the tip. I'll try it later.