IGNORED

Virtual Dieter

atari2600land

Here's a game which I had the concept for a long time ago. I tried making this when I was just starting out with bB, but I've just recently redid it using only 2k.

Gameplay:

Dodge the food coming at you. If you touch

a food, your stomach grows bigger. You get

one point for each group of food you let

pass to the other side. The game ends when

your stomach gets to the other side of the

screen.

virtualdieter2008.bas.bin

virtualdieter2008.bas

That is pretty creative! Pretty ingenious to use the playfield for the stomach (I think that is what you are doing- didn't look at code). Nice ice cream and mcdonalds fries, etc. I like the sound effect too!

Even though it would take the game in a completely different direction, it might be cool to reuse the sprites and create a "Tapper" ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tapper ) type game where you have to serve fast food, etc. to people.

Neat!

• 4 weeks later...
Would you buy this if it was in the store, and if not, what would you change? I'd really like a 2k game in the AA store because there isn't one in there yet.

I can't speak for what sells or wouldn't in the AA store. You might want to contact someone from AA and see what they think. (Or maybe they can reply to this thread.)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...

Something made me think of this game. I decided it would be better with paddles. And 2k. So I started again from scratch and made it a paddle game. I have 591 bytes left, so there's room for improvement. This is just a basic concept and nowhere near the final version. Sort of a "see if I can do this" one. The orange square will be replaced with various junk food sprites. Too bad I can't have multicolored ones, seeing as you can't have paddles and player1colors AND playercolors. I wonder if there would be a way to alter bB to let you do that...

diet1.bas.bin

diet1.bas

Added some fried shrimp, meatballs, and french fries. The fat burning pill is also added. I also added some sound effects. Let me know what you think. 245 bytes left. That should be more than enough room to program the food going faster as you go along, something I haven't done yet but I plan to do.

diet2.bas

diet2.bas.bin

Added the speed up every 25 points. Also changed the way the food is. Instead of a 1/4 chance of the fat burning pill coming up, it's now a 1/8 chance. This makes the game a lot harder. Tell me what you think. And no, there won't be any farting bonuses. I think Keatah should get the Explosive Diarrhea game.

diet3.bas.bin

diet3.bas

• 1 year later...

Something made me think of this game again. So I decided to take another stab at it. I think I nailed it this time. You can use the b&w/color switch and I have 494 bytes left to make changes. Looking over this thread, I forgot I did this last year. But I think this version is better than the other two. I will add back in the weight loss pill and add some sound effects and perhaps music. This game uses the paddle controllers. And the code is commented, so you can look and see what code does what.

virtualdieter1.bas

virtualdieter1.bas.bin