• Catbox/ Scatbox rerelease
    • a JagWeb peripheral
    • a Jag VR set-up
    • Jaguar 2 ;)

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I maintain it would make a fantastic dev tool to replace the Alpine with

a simple remap. I 'd friggin buy one myself. The alpine is huge and

a mess really to deal with and a smaller version such as the CF without

the DSP would be a great product. I bet this will be read into wrong too.

:P

I think the CF is going to flop just like the 32X did. It's not needed, Atari made games with out it, Songbird made games with out it, Telegames made games with out it and more! :ponder: There are 100+ games for the Jag and not a one needed the CF as a Development Tool. :roll:

I guess people were saying the same thing when the JagCD was released.

Actually, you are right, JagCD was a total failure :P

I think the CF is going to flop just like the 32X did. It's not needed, Atari made games with out it, Songbird made games with out it, Telegames made games with out it and more! :ponder: There are 100+ games for the Jag and not a one needed the CF as a Development Tool. :roll:

Weel, atari also didn't add IDE technology to Atari 8 bits, but now, it exists and is very helpfull for people.

Of course, IDE didn't exist in time of 8 bits, like CF did not exist during Jaguar lifetime.

This is not so bad to also keep our old system up to date (in fact, not up to date, but not completely obsolete, new technologies can be very helpful).

But we still can go with old cartridges, hard to manufacture, which seems quite expensive (never see a cartridge release less than 50$)...

The Jaguar itself was a failure...how can the CD drive not be?

I do not remember ANYONE ever complaining about the Jag

CD in such a manner. Exagerate much? I DO remember Jagware

fans saying it was dead....maybe that is a wish of Jagware?

The Jaguar itself was a failure...how can the CD drive not be?

I do not remember ANYONE ever complaining about the Jag

CD in such a manner. Exagerate much? I DO remember Jagware

fans saying it was dead....maybe that is a wish of Jagware?

You know, the percentage of people complaining about the JagCF

is really negligible. Maybe, say 20 persons for more than 6 billions

of people. Almost 0.

If Jag fans wanted a X32 they would had got a SEGA, from what I can see the JagCD is the best thing going on for the Jag. Didn't you all put a game out on the JagCD? ATOMIC ;) Things that make you go Hmm?

Edited by walter_J64bit

If Jag fans wanted a X32 they would had got a SEGA, from what I can see the JagCD is the best thing going on for the Jag. Didn't you all put a game out on the JagCD? ATOMIC ;) Things that make you go Hmm?

Listen, I am a Jag fan and I am very interested in the JagCF.

Do you concede me this right?

I am pretty sure that SCPCD would finish his project, even if nobody

was interested in this device (which happens to not be the case).

Do you know the meaning of the word "passion" ?

Edited by SebRmv

A true Jag fan doesn't need a JagCF to play Jag games, he all ready has every cart/CD that was made for the system and that same Jag fan wouldn't want a add on to play games that makes the Jag into a other games system, its not a Jag after that. I have every cart/CD that was release in the Jag's life time plus the games that were release after the fall of Atari now that is passion! :cool:

A true Jag fan doesn't need a JagCF to play Jag games, he all ready has every cart/CD that was made for the system and that same Jag fan wouldn't want a add on to play games that makes the Jag into a other games system, its not a Jag after that. I have every cart/CD that was release in the Jag's life time plus the games that were release after the fall of Atari now that is passion! :cool:

Perfect. Fine for you. It happens that it is also my case.

And yet, I am excited about this new device.

As a developper, I am mainly interested in the storage

capabilities.

I am planning to port one my famous Falcon software

for the Jaguar.

The JagCD, and the "development" kit Atari released,

is just a bad joke.

Edited by SebRmv

PM to Gorf to keep this on topic...

Answered and Im VERY not interested in anymore form you thanks.

LOL!

Perfect. Fine for you. It happens that it is also my case.

And yet, I am excited about this new device.

As a developper, I am mainly interested in the storage

capabilities.

(clip)

What's not to like? If and when the CF adaptor comes out, I think it will make, if nothing else, something fun to tinker with on the Jaguar. As Gorf said, it will make a great replacement for the Alpine, which is fairly unweildy and huge.

The 2600, 5200, 7800, and 8-bit computers all have flash devices of some type or another, so no matter what, having something like this for the Jaguar would be awesome.

You know I tried asking Atarimax (who made the flash carts for the Atari 8-bit computer, 5200, and Colecovision) what he would think about making something for the Jaguar. He seemed kinda interested, just had a lot of irons in the fire. In the end, would love to see a flash cart solution for the Lynx and Jaguar, just so I have the ability to load in a new program every now and then.

That said, back to gaming... we have Zoop, Protector SE, and Tempest 2K up at the moment. :D

You know I tried asking Atarimax (who made the flash carts for the Atari 8-bit computer, 5200, and Colecovision) what he would think about making something for the Jaguar. He seemed kinda interested, just had a lot of irons in the fire. In the end, would love to see a flash cart solution for the Lynx and Jaguar, just so I have the ability to load in a new program every now and then.

I'm sure he would be extremely disinterested as soon as he poked his head into a Jag forum, but it would be nice if he did make a Jag flash cart - his other products are top notch. It would be great if Tototek had gotten on with their plans too. I just wish someone would do it already and start selling one.

I'm sure he would be extremely disinterested as soon as he poked his head into a Jag forum, but it would be nice if he did make a Jag flash cart - his other products are top notch. It would be great if Tototek had gotten on with their plans too. I just wish someone would do it already and start selling one.

Atarimax is awesome. :D Tell me about Tototek. First I'd heard of that one.