• release of a completed Space War 2k
    • release of a completed Phase Zero
    • release of a completed Black Ice/White Noise
    • Catbox/ Scatbox rerelease
    • a JagWeb peripheral
    • a Jag VR set-up
    • Jaguar 2 ;)

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I voted for the Catbox/Scatbox with an audio input for karaoke; although, I believe its not possible.

Now that I think about it, get the JagCF out. Answer all the questions about how it will work and what copy protections it will have.

what exactly do they mean by "copy protections"? does it disable the use of ROMs?

I voted for the Catbox/Scatbox with an audio input for karaoke; although, I believe its not possible.

Now that I think about it, get the JagCF out. Answer all the questions about how it will work and what copy protections it will have.

what exactly do they mean by "copy protections"? does it disable the use of ROMs?

Not to some developer's satisfaction.

Not to some developer's satisfaction.

I see potential in such a device, but I see it rife for abuse as well.

Also, why CF rather than a MMC or SD card, which would have been simpler, and would have allowed for better copy protection?

Also, why CF rather than a MMC or SD card, which would have been simpler, and would have allowed for better copy protection?

How about the CF as it is with out the ability to load to the cart area....move the upload

another 2 k up and no piracy of carts will be able to happen. Its a simple fix. Im no VHDL

guru, bu tit cant take too much to do such a remap can it?

Also, why CF rather than a MMC or SD card
Because CF cards have better transfer rates than MMC/SD cards.

and would have allowed for better copy protection?
I can't see why. A standard MMC/SD card is just as easy to copy as a standard CF. And there are CF cards which allow copy protection.

How about the CF as it is with out the ability to load to the cart area....move the upload

another 2 k up and no piracy of carts will be able to happen. Its a simple fix. Im no VHDL

We're not going to debate this again, are we ? Besides, that's not the point of this topic.

Also, why CF rather than a MMC or SD card
Because CF cards have better transfer rates than MMC/SD cards.
The bottleneck won't be the card in either case, but the Jag itself by my estimation, unless I've severely misunderstood what you are doing here.
and would have allowed for better copy protection?
I can't see why. A standard MMC/SD card is just as easy to copy as a standard CF. And there are CF cards which allow copy protection.
Yes, but the CF with copy protection require special readers to be readable. SD's with copy protection need no special provision

We're not going to debate this again, are we ? Besides, that's not the point of this topic.

He does make a good point. Some kind of protection would ease some weary minds I'd suspect. Your idea is good, hope to see it take off infact, but I can see Gorf's viewpoint as well.

The bottleneck won't be the card in either case, but the Jag itself by my estimation, unless I've severely misunderstood what you are doing here.
That would be true if the JagCF did not have any processing power by itself. But it has an embedded DSP running at 96 MHz, which can access the Compact Flash card directly.

Yes, but the CF with copy protection require special readers to be readable. SD's with copy protection need no special provision
Sorry, I don't understand your point ? Copy-protected content is supposed NOT to be readable by a standard reader anyways.

He does make a good point. Some kind of protection would ease some weary minds I'd suspect. Your idea is good, hope to see it take off infact, but I can see Gorf's viewpoint as well.
There are already several other protections planned. I won't discuss them here since that would derail the topic. Edited by Zerosquare

That would be true if the JagCF did not have any processing power by itself. But it has an embedded DSP running at 96 MHz, which can access the Compact Flash card directly.
ah, interesting. Then I can see the point, yes
Sorry, I don't understand your point ? Copy-protected content is supposed NOT to be readable by a standard reader anyways.
I won't get into details else derail the thread, but I'd suggest you read the SD encryption spec sometime
There are already several other protections planned. I won't discuss them here since that would derail the topic.

Well, if protections are included, then good. Don't want to help facilitate mass piracy do we?

ah, interesting. Then I can see the point, yes
I won't get into details else derail the thread, but I'd suggest you read the SD encryption spec sometime
There are already several other protections planned. I won't discuss them here since that would derail the topic.

Well, if protections are included, then good. Don't want to help facilitate mass piracy do we?

well... :pirate:

What I want most is the incessant unbelievably pointless bullshit to stop in the Jag community. And it looks like I posted my wish a bit too late for this thread. :(

You know that I can see either side feeling that you've sided with them, for they did not do the first snipe, in their viewpoint. But yes, this whining, childish behavior is beyond rediculous. Altho, compared to the Amiga camp, they were bosom buddies.

Im sick at home and curious: what should happen next in the Jag scene? I would personally like ALL of these to happen, as i imagine everyone one of you would as well.However, this is not a choice. :P Pick one as your most desired. Discuss your choice.

Maybe i am wrong. Maybe some of these are already in the making. If so, correct me. I have not heard anything of these happening(yet).

voted for the jaguar 2 but could have just as easily voted for battlesphere or catbox. I actually still keep changing my mind.

Im sick at home and curious: what should happen next in the Jag scene? I would personally like ALL of these to happen, as i imagine everyone one of you would as well.However, this is not a choice. :P Pick one as your most desired. Discuss your choice.

Maybe i am wrong. Maybe some of these are already in the making. If so, correct me. I have not heard anything of these happening(yet).

voted for the jaguar 2 but could have just as easily voted for battlesphere or catbox. I actually still keep changing my mind.

and that is perfectly fine and normal. I think we all feel the same way.