IGNORED

Intellivision question

dougy76

Hi,

Does anyone know if the Intellivision game "World Series Major League Baseball" can be at all loaded into the Intellivision without the ECS adapter? I have a copy of this game and I'm trying to test it, but I don't have an ECS module anymore. When I load the WSMLB game into the standard Intellivision (I've tried on my original and my INTV 2), I get just a black screen. I'm not sure if I have a bad cart or if it's what happens when you load the game without the ECS. I've tried loading my other ECS games and they work fine (Scooby, for example).

Does anyone know? Or if you have the cart, could you try loading it without the ECS to see what happens?

Thanks!

Doug

i've been thinking of getting an intellivision for my next console. what's ECS? how is intellivision II different?

The ECS is the computer add-on for the system... it's more of a keyboard with some additional RAM than anything else. They did come out with a true computer add-on, but it is very rare to come by.

The Intellivision II is a smaller form factor with removable controllers (although the controllers are much rougher on the hands than even the original ones are). If you're looking for a system , you're better off with the original Intellivision.

i've been thinking of getting an intellivision for my next console. what's ECS? how is intellivision II different?

The ECS is the computer add-on for the system... it's more of a keyboard with some additional RAM than anything else. They did come out with a true computer add-on, but it is very rare to come by.

The Intellivision II is a smaller form factor with removable controllers (although the controllers are much rougher on the hands than even the original ones are). If you're looking for a system , you're better off with the original Intellivision.

+1

And, some of the Coleco titles are known to not work on the Inty II. I think Donkey Kong is one of them.

I'll give it a try at home tonight

Thanks. What's strange is that other ECS titles at least have the titlescreen come up without the ECS. This game just has a black screen.

Doug

Well my cart didn't work but it finished with a brown screen, not black. There was a quick flash of some graphical content. This was on an intv2. Also tried the shorting button that zaps Donkey Kong into working but no luck.

I'll give it a try at home tonight

Thanks. What's strange is that other ECS titles at least have the titlescreen come up without the ECS. This game just has a black screen.

Doug

Well my cart didn't work but it finished with a brown screen, not black. There was a quick flash of some graphical content. This was on an intv2. Also tried the shorting button that zaps Donkey Kong into working but no luck.

Yeah, that is a good description of what I see too. So I think I can conclude with reasonable certainty that my cart is OK. Thanks for checking for me. :thumbsup:

During my brief time as an Intellivision owner, World Series MLB worked without the thingy.

I think you mean Major League Baseball. WS MLB Baseball was made for the ECS, MLB was a regular INTV game.

He also could have been thinking of World Championship Baseball, which will work on a regular INTV. It's an modification of the original game with fly balls and the capability of playing with only one player.

If Mattel had come out with this game earlier, I might have been an INTV owner instead of a 2600 owner.

http://www.intellivisionlives.com/bluesky/...tml#wc_baseball