IGNORED

Updated Classics you'd like to see on the Jaguar.

Gorf

I would have liked to have seen StarForce on the Jag. Additive arcade scroller game that the Jag would not have broken a sweat on.

Other favorites would have been Joust (I know Dactyl Joust was in progress but I like the original sprite version). OutRun (the original) would just have been doable I believe (especially with main code RISC execution).

Gorf was already done (exceptionally well) by 3DSSS, PacLand was a childhood favorite....

Ok, so all of my choice are arcade classics but I believe the Jag could have cruised doing these with the right coding team :D

I would have liked to have seen StarForce on the Jag. Additive arcade scroller game that the Jag would not have broken a sweat on.

Other favorites would have been Joust (I know Dactyl Joust was in progress but I like the original sprite version). OutRun (the original) would just have been doable I believe (especially with main code RISC execution).

Gorf was already done (exceptionally well) by 3DSSS, PacLand was a childhood favorite....

Ok, so all of my choice are arcade classics but I believe the Jag could have cruised doing these with the right coding team :D

It is what Atari should have done. Most of the classics are a few kilobytes of logic.

Adding a 3rd dimension is not 3 times the code...it's minimal...you will need

a good 3D and trig lib tho...the Jag has a usable one. Having updated a few

classic on the Jaguar(at least getting them to playability)

I can tell you , even with the crappy renderer they supplied, games like Centipede,

Asteroids, Lunar Lander, Star Castle. They all took me less than a week each to have

something playable. None are done but it would not take much to finish these.

The time would be mostly on the fluff, titles and all those non game parts..

Think of the logic of most of these games....they are not Halo for crying out loud.

They were intended to fit in less than a handfull of kilobytes program code. Anything

larger was more than likely graphical data.

I'd go for Crystal Castles and the Classics (Space Invaders, Asteroids, Battlezone and PacMac).

For most of these it may be possible to do a 3D version, certainly on Space Invader you could do them in 3D and allow the user to tilt the view from classic view to looking straight up at them from below,

Like this?

post-3357-1200660293_thumb.jpg

Gorf, sorry its taken so long to reply.

I lost track of this thread and did not expect anyone to post a mock up but yes thats the kind of thing. The orginal game I was talking about allows you to change the view angle from looking directly down from above to looking directly up from below as shown.

post-3734-1202304926_thumb.jpgpost-3734-1202304944_thumb.jpg

post-3734-1202304953_thumb.jpg post-3734-1202304963_thumb.jpg

I'd go for Crystal Castles and the Classics (Space Invaders, Asteroids, Battlezone and PacMac).

For most of these it may be possible to do a 3D version, certainly on Space Invader you could do them in 3D and allow the user to tilt the view from classic view to looking straight up at them from below,

Like this?

post-3357-1200660293_thumb.jpg

Gorf, sorry its taken so long to reply.

I lost track of this thread and did not expect anyone to post a mock up but yes thats the kind of thing. The orginal game I was talking about allows you to change the view angle from looking directly down from above to looking directly up from below as shown.

post-3734-1202304926_thumb.jpgpost-3734-1202304944_thumb.jpg

post-3734-1202304953_thumb.jpg post-3734-1202304963_thumb.jpg

what game is this??

Oh what I've seen here, I would have to say...

Berzerk... that's basically Doom right? :)

Other than that, would love to see Joust, Warlords, Donkey Kong, Star Castle, and from the world of the Atari 8-bit networked M.U.L.E, Archon, and Return of Heracles.

Warlords would make a good networked game too.

Oh what I've seen here, I would have to say...

Berzerk... that's basically Doom right? :)

Well, its close, but like Gorf said, the updates would have to be pretty close to the original. Last time i checked, Doom didnt have Evil Otto, or the deadly walls, right ;) ?. Oh and of curse it would need the arcades voice samples, and retain the graphics simplicity, but on a polygonal enviroment.

Well, its close, but like Gorf said, the updates would have to be pretty close to the original. Last time i checked, Doom didnt have Evil Otto, or the deadly walls, right ;) ?. Oh and of curse it would need the arcades voice samples, and retain the graphics simplicity, but on a polygonal enviroment.

Exactly my friend.

Doom and Berzerk are about as close as C and Basic.

Berzerk is an elctrified maze full of robots.

Doom is a Star base full of demons.

hehe...3D Jag Berzerk would rock tho.

Edited by Gorf

Name them.

Here is one I bet most of you would dig.......

post-3357-1200603307_thumb.jpg

Im sorry........I love G-shading.......I just love the surreal look it gives.

Yes....this is a running app. No it wont ever be released....not my IP.

How come no one but myself comented about this screenshot. Have everybody else already seen it?, how come i missed it before? It looks so awesome, awesome, awesome!. Look at that fckng dragon, man. Cool!!

For me it has to be Lode Runner I loved that game. Some classice 800Xl games I would love to see on the Jag would be Zybex, Bruce Lee, Mercenary, Castlevania and maybe something like Elite Frontiers that would be really cool, played them all to death when I was a kid love to see them reborn on the Jag.

Rob

Name them.

Here is one I bet most of you would dig.......

post-3357-1200603307_thumb.jpg

Im sorry........I love G-shading.......I just love the surreal look it gives.

Yes....this is a running app. No it wont ever be released....not my IP.

How come no one but myself comented about this screenshot. Have everybody else already seen it?, how come i missed it before? It looks so awesome, awesome, awesome!. Look at that fckng dragon, man. Cool!!

He looks much better as he flies around. He'll be swooping down from above.

You'l have a nice Cross bow(when you find the arrow of course) to take him

and the other two out. It has a ways to go though but I think we have a possible

hit.

Gorf, all your games, as early as they are, look like sure fire hits. Where were you guys back in 1993?, the Jag needed you then!. I just hope that you guys eventually find the time to finish all your stuff, i wish i could help, but all i can do is support you guys by buying your games.

By the way, there is this new web site called youtube.com (its so new, its still being beta tested) were you can post a video of ADV3D ;) :D .

Gorf, all your games, as early as they are, look like sure fire hits. Where were you guys back in 1993?, the Jag needed you then!. I just hope that you guys eventually find the time to finish all your stuff, i wish i could help, but all i can do is support you guys by buying your games.

By the way, there is this new web site called youtube.com (its so new, its still being beta tested) were you can post a video of ADV3D ;) :D .

In 1993...I was still trying to beg Atari for a dev kit. Some things are best left

unposted.

AVD3D is a property owned by Atari....much like Gorf was owned by Midway,

if you get my drift.