IGNORED

Gamma Attack

Phantom

I havent even put this cart in to see if it works yet. I found this a few hours ago and I cant find out much info on it so any info would be appreciated. I also have never heard of it so if it is rare, I wasnt sure if I should post a pic of it exactly because i dont want fakes popping up if so. I cant find a ROM for it anywhere and is why I chose to take the pic like this. There is 2 labels and both say Gammation on it. The only game that Gammation made is Gamma Attack AFAIK. As I said, i didnt know this existed til a few hours ago and a few trustworthy people can see the real pic and until they advise me otherwise, Im not going to show the exact picture. If someone has a picture from a Magazine I would really love to see it. Thanks for any help or info. :)

Edited by Phantom
  • Like 1

What the hell is that?

Is it for the VCS?

8)

Yep and it works!!!!! Fn COOL AS ____! Insert whatever you want there but i dont care if its a .50 game. I dont have one and dont know where to get one so Im happy as ____!!!!!

Can you believe I cant find any alcohol to clean it? It wouldnt work at 1st, just noise but you could tell theres something there and the screen was changing colors and then I wiped it gently with a dry q-tip and wala! says 1983 at the bottom of the screen and I didnt play it at all because i wanted to get back here and tell ya all but it appears to be the real deal. Sadly It doesnt show the name of the game when it came on the TV but it has UFOs and mountainous backgrounds. Thats all I can say for now as this is really making my day. Cheers :) :) :) :) :)

Edited by Phantom

No, there certainly is no ROM of this one yet, unless it's a pirate (but I really doubt that).

Until now this title only existed on old VCS game lists (thank God for these).

A screenshot would be nice indeed.

I can see in an instant if it's a pirate or not.

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

post-7961-1201298586_thumb.jpgpost-7961-1201298605_thumb.jpg

If there is no ROM then i would have to believe this is legit unless I misuderstand how pirates are made.

Also, it appears to be bldgs on 2nd viewing not mountains but I was excited and I wrote what I thought I saw. Cheers. here they are!

There's of course a possibility that the game 'borrowed' some coding from an already existing game, but that doesn't make it less rarer IMO.

What the hell happened to that cart, btw?

Is it really painted white?

8)

No thats in negative form because I am not sure I should be letting everyone know just yet its true colors in the labels and such because i dont want some fake ones to start popping up. I have to talk some more to people to see if they think its a good idea to show the carts real pic. I want to but is it wise? Thats all. Im still excited and Im still not exactly sure what I have but Its neat to kinda think I have one of a few if possibly even the only one in existence especially since AA is so Global, I would think someone else had showed one here somewhere before. I originally thought it was just some homebrew! LMAO!!! For real! this is quite the pleasant surprise and this entire thing has now pushed my entire schedule off for the day but I couldnt be happier. Cheers :)

Wow, congrats Phantom it looks like you have a once in a ten lifetime find. :cool: :D :cool: :D So many questions. Is this an NTSC game? Was it made in America? This is going to be interesting. We have never had a one of a kind game land in the hands of a seller of Atari 2600 games before. Thanks for sharing and good luck. :)

Phantom,

I think some richly watermarked detail pictures (not scans) can do no harm, but if you feel uncertain about that, you can also describe the label in your own words.

Also, what sort of game is it?

It looks like a shooter to me.

Does it have a 2 player option / different difficulty levels?

Does it feel like a finished game or a prototype?

Is it really NTSC?

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

Phantom,

I think some richly watermarked detail pictures (not scans) can do no harm, but if you feel uncertain about that, you can also describe the label in your own words.

Also, what sort of game is it?

It looks like a shooter to me.

Does it have a 2 player option / different difficulty levels?

Does it feel like a finished game or a prototype?

Is it really NTSC?

8)

I have a few things to do and then Im off to play it and I will report back exactly what I find the best I can as far as game play but yes, it appears to be a shooter and I think Im the UFO but not sure yet. Cheers

Oh and yes, it is NTSC because :" Im in the USA and more importantly B: That TV is about 20 years old and I have no PAL adapter (if there is such a thing) or newer TV that has Multi capabilties so yes, I have to assume it is NTSC.

Wow, congrats Phantom it looks like you have a once in a ten lifetime find. :cool: :D :cool: :D So many questions. Is this an NTSC game? Was it made in America? This is going to be interesting. We have never had a one of a kind game land in the hands of a seller of Atari 2600 games before. Thanks for sharing and good luck. :)

NTSC YES

MAde in USA? Havent a frickin clue but assume it was made by gammation and if they were in the USA then yes.

You call me a seller but maybe when you realize this isnt available for any cost, maybe then you will realize youre wrong.

To all of you, This is the reason I collect. This is going absoulutely nowhere. I cant imagine what it would be worth yet I imagine it is valuable but it will be more valuable on my deathbed as well. I do want to share this and Im asking people I trust presently how to do just that but I wont be rushing into anything with this and I am going to enjoy it. A few people here know I want to share it. ist one of the first things that popped in my mind but i also dont want to see fakes popping up all over if this truly is one of a kind. What would you all do? As I told Rom Hunter, Im so giddy, I cant think straight. I want nothing more to share this but It will be discussed with people i trust and wont be rushed into by any stretch and is NOT FOR SALE. Thanks and now Im off I hope and I will report back later with game play and such. Cheers

Edited by Phantom

NTSC YES

MAde in USA? Havent a frickin clue but assume it was made by gammation and if they were in the USA then yes.

You call me a seller but maybe when you realize this isnt available for any cost, maybe then you will realize youre wrong.

To all of you, This is the reason I collect. This is going absoulutely nowhere. I cant imagine what it would be worth yet I imagine it is valuable but it will be more valuable on my deathbed as well. I do want to share this and Im asking people I trust presently how to do just that but I wont be rushing into anything with this and I am going to enjoy it. A few people here know I want to share it. ist one of the first things that popped in my mind but i also dont want to see fakes popping up all over if this truly is one of a kind. What would you all do? As I told Rom Hunter, Im so giddy, I cant think straight. I want nothing more to share this but It will be discussed with people i trust and wont be rushed into by any stretch and is NOT FOR SALE. Thanks and now Im off I hope and I will report back later with game play and such. Cheers

Well cool than keep it. Makes no difference to me. You do sell a lot so I guess I thought you were going to sell it. Be proud of what you have it's a cool item. I have a feeling though that this may not get dumped after all. If that is the case then it will end up like Good Luck Charlie Brown, Birthday Mania, Red Sea Crossing, and Pink Panther. Remember this though Phantom. There is a chance the cart could die on you and the info would be lost to the world forever.