IGNORED

Does anyone know if Sega Genny carts can be recycled?

4ever2600

Just like NES carts... In other words, if I had a bunch of sports titles laying around, and clipped the rom chip off of the board, unsoldiered and cleaned up the board, burned my own rom (same size obviously) and resoldiered it to the board... Would it work? I want to make a bunch of my own carts but don't know if I should buy a bunch of doner carts for cheap if I have no use for them... Any help would be appreciated... Thanks! - D

• 3 weeks later...

Didn't this topic appear a few weeks ago? They use a weird pinout for the ROM, and it's 16 bits too. Someone said that there is an eprom with that pinout, but I bet you'll have to pay through the nose for it. Other than that, I suppose you could hotglue a perfboard to it and wire up a pair of 8-bit sockets.

There are a very few carts that use a pair of 8-bit eproms, but I just gave up and had my own PCBs made. Other than that, they're only good for the plastic shells.