IGNORED

Colecovision HSC week #14/15 - Donkey Kong & Donkey Kong Jr.

For DK and DK Jr. does everybody want the people that roll the score at 100,000 to tie for first or do you want it to go from first on down for the score that you get. These games are easy to roll the score on so I would like to make this as fun as possible for the people that are playing.

DK Jr doesn't roll at 100,000. It rolls at a million

For DK and DK Jr. does everybody want the people that roll the score at 100,000 to tie for first or do you want it to go from first on down for the score that you get. These games are easy to roll the score on so I would like to make this as fun as possible for the people that are playing.

DK Jr doesn't roll at 100,000. It rolls at a million

Sorry didn't realize that. I never got to 100,00 in DK JR so I guess I just assumed it was the same.

Donkey Kong: 1,251,400

...and I used a standard CV controller to get this score. I don't know why, but I do so much better with the stock controller than with a 2600-type one.

I know that this is an inferior version to the arcade, but it's one of my favorite CV games and still one that I play on a regular basis. I probably have such a strong connection to it, because the CV was my first video game system and naturally DK was my first game. I think I'll play a little DK Jr. tonight.

Quick tip on scoring points: Forget about the hammers and bonus objects. These distractions actually take points away from you. You can score more by just finishing the level as quickly as possible.

+ Nathan

I honestly don't understand why the colecovision controller accused of being so horrible. I think that it is one of the best controllers made. When I play I hold it sideways so that the left fire button is facing up towards the ceiling. I find this very comfortable.

I honestly don't understand why the colecovision controller accused of being so horrible. I think that it is one of the best controllers made. When I play I hold it sideways so that the left fire button is facing up towards the ceiling. I find this very comfortable.

Now that I think about, I hold it almost the same way. I put the knob in the palm of my hand and tilt it to the right so that the left fire button points upwards. I think most people that don't like the controller try to hold the knob with just their thumb and finger (like a regular joystick) and keep controller upright. That way doesn't work well.

For me, the CV controller is great for 4-way directional games, good for some 8-way directional games, and near impossible with quickly moving, rapid firing 8-way games (like Sky Jaguar).

+ Nathan