IGNORED

New tv problem.

Rik

Hello people.My trusty old 1976 Hitachi 27" tv died on me.I went out and bought a brand new 27" 2007 CRT tv,just like the old one.Question is,are the new CRT tv's compatable with the old classic consoles?I tried hooking up my 7800 with the rca direct f-type adapter,the usual way,and i cant get screen to show up,am i missing something in regards to connection?.Thanx.

Hello people.My trusty old 1976 Hitachi 27" tv died on me.I went out and bought a brand new 27" 2007 CRT tv,just like the old one.Question is,are the new CRT tv's compatable with the old classic consoles?I tried hooking up my 7800 with the rca direct f-type adapter,the usual way,and i cant get screen to show up,am i missing something in regards to connection?.Thanx.

Can you be more specific about how you're trying to connect it? Are you using one of those f-to-coax adapters?

I connect my Atari systems to my TV through an old VCR. I use the f-to-coax adapter to go into the VCR and then RCA out to the TV (well, into a system selector and then into the TV).

Thanx guys for your replys.I figured out my problem,and i have the screen up,but now another problem.Im getting a loud static noise,i have the tv set to ch3,and tried switching the channel select switch on back of console,same problem.Its more than likely a matter of playing around with the settings,any suggestions to quicken the process,?would be greatly appreciated!.Like i said ,i cant seem to get rid of static noise.I was worried that i had a compatabilty problem like ive heard people having with the newer sets.Im obviously hopeless when it comes to connecting stuff on tvs,im going to fool around with it more and try to fix the static,wish me luck,Thanx again

Thanx guys for your replys.I figured out my problem,and i have the screen up,but now another problem.Im getting a loud static noise,i have the tv set to ch3,and tried switching the channel select switch on back of console,same problem.Its more than likely a matter of playing around with the settings,any suggestions to quicken the process,?would be greatly appreciated!.Like i said ,i cant seem to get rid of static noise.I was worried that i had a compatabilty problem like ive heard people having with the newer sets.Im obviously hopeless when it comes to connecting stuff on tvs,im going to fool around with it more and try to fix the static,wish me luck,Thanx again

Are you getting anything besides static noise, like do you see the image or is it just too much static?

Are you getting anything besides static noise, like do you see the image or is it just too much static?

The image is crystal clear,just static noise.When i turn down the tv volume way down,the noise goes down,but whats the use in not being able to turn up the volume loud?Im sure theres some reason for it.

Edited by Rik

The image is crystal clear,just static noise.When i turn down the tv volume way down,the noise goes down,but whats the use in not being able to turn up the volume loud?Im sure theres some reason for it.

Sounds like an issue with the cable or maybe with the system and interference.

Yes,finally!I found the source of the static noise.It turned out to be faulty rca cables.I had 2 bad ones,and they both have breaks inside the cable itself,which were intermittant, worked for a while and not the next.No wonder i couldnt figure it out right away.Well,thats another learning experience for me,I think all my cables are going bad now,as with any 20-30 year old cable,eventually fail.Time to replace them all with new ones. Thanx for your replys,helped quite a bit. ;)