IGNORED

Adding Sound to Joust

Ikrananka

The rom for Joust (prototype) has been around for some time but the game has no sound. Well apparently the sound was programmed but not added to the game. Dutchman2000 on this forum has the source code for the sound (http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...t&p=1456759). Just thought I'd put this out there in case someone was up for the challenge of completing Joust if Dutchman2000 was willing to share the sounds' source code.

• 1 year later...
The rom for Joust (prototype) has been around for some time but the game has no sound. Well apparently the sound was programmed but not added to the game. Dutchman2000 on this forum has the source code for the sound (http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...t&p=1456759). Just thought I'd put this out there in case someone was up for the challenge of completing Joust if Dutchman2000 was willing to share the sounds' source code.

I would really love to see this happen! Me and my GF are both fans of Joust.

This is a case of the dog chasing its tail. Dutchman2000 will share his source code if someone will do the work, but those who can do the work will want to see the sound material first, in order to determine if it can be done.

I think this is the kind of project that needs to be overseen by a third party, who will see this project to the end. I'm willing to handle that role, as long as no real deadline is set in the future, because it may take me a while to find a programmer.

It's not just a question of adding the sound data and making it work, the entire software has to be verified (and altered as needed) to remove any debugging function, such as those that ColecoNation found (in the thread linked above). It's quite a project, but I've played the prototype and it's quite a nicely done game already, so I think it's definately worth the effort. :)

Dutchman2000, if you're reading this, please PM me so we can privately discuss the fine points of this endeavour.