IGNORED

Which rare Sears telegames do you own, box and all?

schuwalker

I own almost all of them, including gatefold, 9xxx, 4975xxx, and picture label versions. I think the only pieces I am missing are the picture label Superman (only 1 has been found to date) and the 75108 instructions for Baseball (maybe none have been found to date).

As for the different Video Arcade System boxes, I have 99743, 99744, 75000, 75001, 75003, 75005, 75006, 75007.

I own almost all of them, including gatefold, 9xxx, 4975xxx, and picture label versions. I think the only pieces I am missing are the picture label Superman (only 1 has been found to date) and the 75108 instructions for Baseball (maybe none have been found to date).

As for the different Video Arcade System boxes, I have 99743, 99744, 75000, 75001, 75003, 75005, 75006, 75007.

Im curious what is the deal with baseball and the multiple numbers?

Im curious what is the deal with baseball and the multiple numbers?

The best I can guess is that at some point, Sears put Homer Simpson in charge of assigning serial numbers.

When they switched from 6/99xxx numbers to 49/75xxx, they re-released several titles and everything seems to look OK. 75102-75118 are in the same order as the original releases (with some gaps where they choose not to re-release some less popular titles)

75106/99812 Space Combat

75107/99813 Breakaway IV

75108/99819 Baseball

75109/99822 Gunslinger

75111/99823 Slots

75112/99825 Maze

Then they released some new titles that never had a 99xxx releases:

75119 Night Driver

75121 Golf

75122 Circus

75123 3D TicTacToe

Then they hired Homer:

75124 Tank Plus

75125 Baseball

75126 Steeplechase

75127 Warlords

Maybe 75125 was supposed to be a Sears release of Realsports Baseball or maybe Homer did not realize they already had 75108 Baseball. Either way, the 75125 box/manual are much more common than the 75108 box/manual. Later, when they did another re-release with picture labels, Baseball used the 75108 serial number.

picture label Superman (only 1 has been found to date)

A box was found?

To clarify: One cartridge with a picture label Superman has been found, that I know of anyway. Since that one cartridge was loose, who knows if it was a promotional thing or if it was ever released in a box. So far, there has only been one kind of Sears Superman box found. If a second Superman box style is found, maybe that would be a clue that there was a release of boxed Sears Superman.

A box was found?

To clarify: One cartridge with a picture label Superman has been found, that I know of anyway. Since that one cartridge was loose, who knows if it was a promotional thing or if it was ever released in a box. So far, there has only been one kind of Sears Superman box found. If a second Superman box style is found, maybe that would be a clue that there was a release of boxed Sears Superman.

I am pretty sure that 2 picture label Supermans have been found.

A box was found?

I am pretty sure that 2 picture label Supermans have been found.

There are at least 3 ;)

Current...

I'm with CincYnoTi as far as the carts go; I have everything but a picture label Superman, and a Baseball 49-75108 manual. As far as minor box variations go, there are a few others I'd like to have, but for now I have every box # variation represented.

I'll eventually hunt down the different boxed systems as well as the rest of the Pong type consoles. Then there's that tan Tele-Games dust cover...

post-2095-1202185825_thumb.jpg

post-2095-1202185838_thumb.jpg

post-2095-1202185847_thumb.jpg

post-2095-1202185855_thumb.jpg

Current...

I'm with CincYnoTi as far as the carts go; I have everything but a picture label Superman, and a Baseball 49-75108 manual. As far as minor box variations go, there are a few others I'd like to have, but for now I have every box # variation represented.

I'll eventually hunt down the different boxed systems as well as the rest of the Pong type consoles. Then there's that tan Tele-Games dust cover...

Ya got SEARS??? :D

Current...

This is a seriously hot collection. I always loved the Sears variations. That's where we always shopped when I was a kid. Most of my games were Sears versions. Somehow I ended up with a regular Atari VCS though. I guess Gemco had a better deal than Sears at the time (circa 1980).