IGNORED

Checkered Flag Source Code

Curt Vendel

What really really hurt the video gaming community years ago was all the secretive clique camps, no one sharing information for fear of others taking away the glory of it.... that is just such school yard elementary school bullsh*t...

It may have been years ago on other platforms, but unfortunately it's the current state of affairs in the Jaguar "community." :x

And, unfortunately, it's many of the TOP Jaguar developers involved in this childish bullsh*t. Not all though...but the worst of it is between Hardware and software developers.

Edited by Gunstar

Gunstar.....do us all a favor and STFU...will you? Try coding even a simple game

and then come back here and talk all this horseshit. You or anyone else on this

or any other forum have NO CLUE what I plan to share. I wont share incomplete

and unprepared info and code.....now if you people would show some patients and

let me finish my contract work, you will see MANY more games.

Besides....I predict no one will bother much at all with this code.

I have already offered achallenge to those wanting to do B2k or CF

again, that if they get it working and readable, I will add the necessary

code( GIVE IT TO) the person that does this on either game.

OH.....I extend that offer now to Club Drive as well!

Guantlet laid.....let's see if any of you put YOUR money where your mouth is.

Gunstar/Gorf,

See this is what I mean - the jabs, the counterjabs. You guys have to make a conscience decision that everyone takes the high ground and to all be the better persons, hold you tongue, put your hurt feelings in check and just give up the fights of past, today is "Jaguar Development 2.0 - Day 1." Slate is clean, start over fresh and move forward from here.

Otherwise why even contribute into the Jag community anymore, put the cat in the ground and bury it.

Make a concerted effort, if you don't want to bother, then you know what, I'm not going to bother anymore either.

Curt

Gunstar.....do us all a favor and STFU...will you? Try coding even a simple game

Curt,

Please don't give up. The fact that a few loud-mouthed people can't help being annoying doesn't mean there are no one in the Jaguar community willing to work with others. Most Jag homebrew developers (myself included) are very glad of the favor you're doing us.

Did'nt Curt just ask you not to insult people?

This is what I mean...like you have NEVER been offensive to anyone here before?

Sheesh. :roll:

Why do you always react like I'm refering specifically to YOU? Are you a guilty party of what I say? I'm not spreading BS, this has been a BLINDINGLY obvious fact for a long time! I KNOW you've shared a LOT of stuff already, like your course for beginners on JS2! Just for one example! I was NOT refering to YOU, but if you think I was, which you seem to by your BS remarks toward me, then YOU STFU!!! Also, I'm NOT a programmer and never will be, so I won't ever be doing a Jaguar game, I am just upset over the state of the development community becuase I CONSTANTLY see you guys pissing on each other! So don't attack me! I just want it to STOP and everyone get along! I WILL be contributing some Jaguar CD "software" in the near future, the cinepak stuff, just movies, and not even mine, but a friend's, but I'm going to convert it to Cinepak for Jaguar fans. Other than that, the ONLY thing I will contribute is my hard-earned money to buy Jaguar games, if they ever get released, and if HOT HEADS like you let me buy them, BUT, as I've said before, I've almost completely lost interest in new stuff from all the BS about releases that seems to be holding them all back, and I am quite happy with what is out there already. If more comes, I may regain an interest, but as it stands I'm not holding my breath.

I wasn't taking a jab at anyone in particuliar, just stating the facts, which were once again proven by Gorf's reply. I'm just a user, and I'm quite happy at you releasing this stuff to the community, I'm just not going to hold my breath to see anything come of it, the community has been holding their collected breath for a LONG time for stuff that was already supposed to be released years ago, but hasn't becuase of developer pissing contests. I'm sorry Curt, I meant nothing by it except hoping that my remarks like that would get the developers to think again about working things out and sharing, but obviously the hot-heads like Gorf would rather just fan the flames.

Gunstar/Gorf,

See this is what I mean - the jabs, the counterjabs. You guys have to make a conscience decision that everyone takes the high ground and to all be the better persons, hold you tongue, put your hurt feelings in check and just give up the fights of past, today is "Jaguar Development 2.0 - Day 1." Slate is clean, start over fresh and move forward from here.

Otherwise why even contribute into the Jag community anymore, put the cat in the ground and bury it.

Make a concerted effort, if you don't want to bother, then you know what, I'm not going to bother anymore either.

Curt

BLINDINGLY obvious fact for a long time! I KNOW you've shared a LOT of stuff already, like your course for beginners on JS2! Just for one example! I was NOT refering to YOU, but if you think I was, which you seem to by your BS remarks toward me, then YOU STFU!!! Also, I'm NOT a programmer and never will be, so I won't ever be doing a Jaguar game, I am just upset over the state of the development community becuase I CONSTANTLY see you guys pissing on each other! So don't attack me! I just want it to STOP and everyone get along! I WILL be contributing some Jaguar CD "software" in the near future, the cinepak stuff, just movies, and not even mine, but a friend's, but I'm going to convert it to Cinepak for Jaguar fans. Other than that, the ONLY thing I will contribute is my hard-earned money to buy Jaguar games, if they ever get released, and if HOT HEADS like you let me buy them, BUT, as I've said before, I've almost completely lost interest in new stuff from all the BS about releases that seems to be holding them all back, and I am quite happy with what is out there already. If more comes, I may regain an interest, but as it stands I'm not holding my breath.

Oh brother......do you understand the word truce? :roll:

Gunstar/Gorf,

I understand, and I'll call a truce but this is just

a continuation with he and I.

Gunstar.....lets agree to dis agree and keep it out of the forums ok?

O.K., but my remark had nothing to do with agreeing or disagreeing with you. It was just a comment on the "state of the union."

Edited by Gunstar

BLINDINGLY obvious fact for a long time! I KNOW you've shared a LOT of stuff already, like your course for beginners on JS2! Just for one example! I was NOT refering to YOU, but if you think I was, which you seem to by your BS remarks toward me, then YOU STFU!!! Also, I'm NOT a programmer and never will be, so I won't ever be doing a Jaguar game, I am just upset over the state of the development community becuase I CONSTANTLY see you guys pissing on each other! So don't attack me! I just want it to STOP and everyone get along! I WILL be contributing some Jaguar CD "software" in the near future, the cinepak stuff, just movies, and not even mine, but a friend's, but I'm going to convert it to Cinepak for Jaguar fans. Other than that, the ONLY thing I will contribute is my hard-earned money to buy Jaguar games, if they ever get released, and if HOT HEADS like you let me buy them, BUT, as I've said before, I've almost completely lost interest in new stuff from all the BS about releases that seems to be holding them all back, and I am quite happy with what is out there already. If more comes, I may regain an interest, but as it stands I'm not holding my breath.

Oh brother......do you understand the word truce? :roll:

Uh...I replied to you before I saw this "truce" stuff. :roll: I made a statement, YOU attacked me first. I'd long since forgiven you for your part in our past fights, and am trying to forget, but you just never let me. I also apolagized for for my part to you several times, but instead of accepting and returning the favor, you attack me again with accusations of "kissing *ss" all of a sudden or whatever...but once again, I'M SORRY!!! PLEASE FORGIVE ME!!! And remember, if and when I make statements in the future about the ongoing situation with the Jag community, I AM NOT ATTACKING OR INCLUDING YOU! There are others who are to blame NOT YOU.

Edited by Gunstar

Uh...I replied to you before I saw this "truce" stuff. :roll: I made a statement, YOU attacked me first. I'd long since forgiven you for your part in our past fights, and am trying to forget, but you just never let me. I also apolagized for for my part to you several times, but instead of accepting and returning the favor, you attack me again with accusations of "kissing *ss" all of a sudden or whatever...but once again, I'M SORRY!!! PLEASE FORGIVE ME!!! And remember, if and when I make statements in the future about the ongoing situation with the Jag community, I AM NOT ATTACKING OR INCLUDING YOU! There are others who are to blame NOT YOU.

My appologies.....again....truce? God bless you man. :)

My appologies.....again....truce? God bless you man. :)

Thanks, truce. Forgive and forget.

LOL... Nice analogy Curt. Instead of beating a dead horse, it's beating a dead Jaguar. :P

Now that it is buried... Let's see some frickin' Jaguar games! :D

Edited by Gregory DG

LOL... Nice analogy Curt. Instead of beating a dead horse, it's beating a dead Jaguar. :P

Now that it is buried... Let's see some frickin' Jaguar games! :D

I will ...promise....but Curt's a slave driver....

(just look at all the work he just gave us!)

:P

:D Wow Curt! Thank You for the release of the Source Codes to these Jaguar games recently. :cool: And like Glenn, I very much share & appreciate your thoughts and hopes to make the Jaguar part of the Atari community better, more productive and less divided than the current state it's in. I recently bought a 7800 and an early no A/B switch Heavy Sixer :) to enjoy because I had a light sixer I loved as a kid, but the Jaguar will always be my favorite Atari console and system. It's nice to see someone of your highly respected stature in the Atari community ask for a repreive from the verbal battles and larger wars so commonplace in the Jaguar scene today. I hope everyone truly takes your suggestions to heart and that we finally turn a corner here, especially between Jag fans on both sides of the pond. ;)

Long live the Atari Jaguar :!:

Awesome

30000 lines of 68k code

6000 lines of GPU/DSP code

LikeI have been trying to tell everyone.....These sources are living proof.

The Jag has MUCH more horse power left! Just no one seems to want to use it.

Wow, mostly 68K. I wonder how much Battlemorphs code improved in that regard.

Awesome

30000 lines of 68k code

6000 lines of GPU/DSP code

LikeI have been trying to tell everyone.....These sources are living proof.

The Jag has MUCH more horse power left! Just no one seems to want to use it.

Wow, mostly 68K. I wonder how much Battlemorphs code improved in that regard.

Not very much I can tell you.

• 2 weeks later...

*looks around board and sees all the source code.

It's a good time to be a Jaguar owner, it seems.

Might be the start of a mini revolution of sorts.

Thanks again, TC.

I'm not a programmer, but I'm sure there will be very interesting developments

coming from the leaked source code for these games.

Now...how about that Battlemorph source code?

I'm dying to see someone attempt to crunch that onto a cartridge.