IGNORED

WTB: Rare ColecoVision games (specifically Telegames)

ARCZero

I'm down to my last seven ColecoVision games to complete my cartridge only collection! My focus is on the legit North American games released during the original era. I don't collect repros, home brews, protos, pirates, or non NTSC games.

Here is what's left:

Amazing Bumpman (Telegames)

Kung Fu Super Sidekicks (Telegames)

Skiing (Telegames)

Super Action Soccer (is there an NTSC release of this game? I don't think that there was a US release)

Super Sketch (cart and peripheral)

Tank Wars (Telegames)

Wiz Math

Please PM me if you have any of these for sale!

Thanks,

Adam

Edited by ARCZero

• 1 month later...

I e-mailed TeleGames UK and they ended up selling their ColecoVision stock to a US games liquidator. I contacted them and they already sold out of Kung Fu Super Sidekicks, plus their prices were kinda crazy.

I don't know about the availability of their games - I did post a message asking about it in Classic Gaming General.

In any case - thanks for your response!

Adam

Were the carts regional for the Colecovision?

I only ask because Telegames UK have Kung Fu Super Sidekicks, Soccer listed

http://www.telegames.co.uk/

I e-mailed TeleGames UK and they ended up selling their ColecoVision stock to a US games liquidator. I contacted them and they already sold out of Kung Fu Super Sidekicks, plus their prices were kinda crazy.

I don't know about the availability of their games - I did post a message asking about it in Classic Gaming General.

In any case - thanks for your response!

Adam

Were the carts regional for the Colecovision?

I only ask because Telegames UK have Kung Fu Super Sidekicks, Soccer listed

http://www.telegames.co.uk/

What liquidator is selling them? Do you have contact info?

Direct4Games had a significant portion of the Telegames stock and was liquidating it on eBay and via their website, which is now replaced with some CD bullshit. That's where I got my NIB copies of H.E.R.O., Keystone Kapers, Pitfall II, Rock 'N Bolt, and Zenji back when they were blowing them out for about £10 apiece. I'm pretty sure most of what they had is gone...I'm not sure if that's the liquidator he was referred to.

Direct4Games had a significant portion of the Telegames stock and was liquidating it on eBay and via their website, which is now replaced with some CD bullshit. That's where I got my NIB copies of H.E.R.O., Keystone Kapers, Pitfall II, Rock 'N Bolt, and Zenji back when they were blowing them out for about £10 apiece. I'm pretty sure most of what they had is gone...I'm not sure if that's the liquidator he was referred to.

Bah, those two are one and the same.

• 2 weeks later...
The company Telegames UK sold their ColecoVision stock to is http://www.classicgamesource.com/

I'd avoid that company like the plague. I ordered three boxed games from them...two of them had smashed boxes. The other one (which was shrinkwrapped) had been exposed to moisture, causing the shrinkwrap to stick to the box. When I slit the plastic wrap open and tried to remove it, the paint on the box came with it. Absolute junk. :thumbsdown: :x

The company Telegames UK sold their ColecoVision stock to is http://www.classicgamesource.com/
I'd avoid that company like the plague. I ordered three boxed games from them...two of them had smashed boxes. The other one (which was shrinkwrapped) had been exposed to moisture, causing the shrinkwrap to stick to the box. When I slit the plastic wrap open and tried to remove it, the paint on the box came with it. Absolute junk. :thumbsdown: :x
Color me unsurprised.

Hey was your shrinkwrap problem with the European release of Frenzy by any chance? A few years ago I bought Frenzy shrinkwrapped from Telegames UK and had exactly the same issue. I returned it and was sent a replacement and it was just the same :(

Edited by Ikrananka

This shouldn't be a surprise. Telegames US in Houston lost a lot of their merchandise to a tornado years ago. My guess is that they saved what they could which is probably why this stuff is smashed and has water damage. When Telegames US stopped selling classing games they sent the inventory to Telegames UK. The items were then sold through Direct4games but now have made it back to the U.S. through classicgamesource. The items from the U.S. are the same items that Telegames US had years ago.

The guy who ran Direct4games told me a year or two back that they had 300,000 pieces of inventory. He had no clue as to what they had. He said that they would open boxes and just find stuff. Who knows how much of the 300,000 piece inventory has made it to classicgamesource.

Well, www.classicgamesource.com sells on eBay under the user ID videogamessource, and I bought one new Lynx game from them recently, paid the lousy $7.95 for shipping and asked that the game be put in a box to protect the game box during shipping, and what do I get? The game, now smooshed, in a bubble envelope. I will never buy anything from these dipshits again. (Plus they only leave feedback once they get it, meaning you know retaliatory feedback will be headed your way if you say anything less than positive.)