IGNORED

Metagalactic Llamas VIC 20 -> Atari - finished

Heaven/TQA

ok...here is the first RC of the game... I could spend still some time and polishing the intro but sometimes you should quit when it's done and don't die in beauty...

so...its the 99,9% PAL relase... there will be one thing added...the Miker "LLOADING" screen to hide the depacker... but this will be done tomorrow night...

so please do me a favour and play the game on real machine esp. PAL or on PAL mode in atari800win and tell me if there are any bugs etc you find out...

after the PAL is finished i will go for NTSC...promissed... :)

you can exit the intro by pressing ESC.... (ok...should add START and write that in the readme).

Jason... can you post a news on oldschool gaming regarding this "beta test"? please make sure that this is not the "final" but i would need people to test the game...

Fandal/Kaz please do not include that yet in your archives...

All Feedback welcome...

ps. after some beta testing I will send it off to Jeff Minter approx. end of the week.

have fun... ;) and please read the story...it's kind of fun... :)

post-528-1202673655_thumb.png

post-528-1202673663_thumb.png

post-528-1202673673_thumb.png

post-528-1202673682_thumb.png

post-528-1202673692_thumb.png

post-528-1202673696_thumb.png

metalla.zip

very true what mastermind Jeff says:

Jeff Minter:

...Meta represents the last of the pure-shoot-'ems on one screen with a just

more and more aliens style of scenario. From here on in it had to be

tunes, scrolling, a zillion screens and hyper-hyper presentation -

the old, simple VIC blasts were dead. A shame really, sometimes I

like a good, honest zap without having to worry about mapping and

suchlike... mind you, I was heavily into mapping with...

cool game, I had a Vic-20 before I had an Atari and considered an ideal of porting the game Omega Race over to the Atari 8-bit and PC. Probably base it more on the C64 version because that was using the 320x200 res. I had an altered game design based on the same ideal to avoid copyright issues. However I am deeply involved with several other projects right now.

ESC...

;) fire button/start will be in the next version...

btw... just a quote of my post "you can exit the intro by pressing ESC.... (ok...should add START and write that in the readme)."

so... yes...spotted that and topic #1 on my list.

Edited by Heaven/TQA

Happymonster... yes... it is suppossed to work like that (see my comments in the readme...) and after playing some rounds you get used to it...

re:dli laser/forcefield

yes...thought of it... but i put it as "c"-feature...as i want to finish it... the DLI for the shot is not as easy as it looks like as you can move the force field down... so what happens with the DLI? dynamicly adjusted? well... i put it as "c"... not important for final release... ;)

ESC...

;) fire button/start will be in the next version...

btw... just a quote of my post "you can exit the intro by pressing ESC.... (ok...should add START and write that in the readme)."

so... yes...spotted that and topic #1 on my list.

Actually, it's better to have always the same button(s) to continue :-)

but if you know Jeff's games..all of his "flashy gfx" is dangerous... :) so i kept them in since for weeks as a kind of hommage... ;)

You know, some colour FX are simply depending on the low colour abilities of most machines of that days.

Isn't it possible to use the full A8 palette for this instead?

MK... well... it's kind of walking on the edge...being as true as the original or use the "full featureset" of new machine...

Great effort. I need to get the Vic-20 version out to compare a little. Why not have a flashy version as well. Keep the original as original as possible. Add a mode or different program all together, flashing it up with Pokey music, full use of A8 palette.

I love that you guys are doing this stuff. Spectrum thingies coming out, now Vic-20. Excellent, excellent. Almost as good as when I suddenly found the group Dragonforce. They are so brilliant too

Fandal/Kaz please do not include that yet in your archives...

I do not understand sense of that: what is the difference when this file is available online anyway? :) However, I'm okey with this, I prepared only article about with link to present thread.

BTW: conversion looks great! Thanks for your job.