IGNORED

Cybermorph Sources

Curt Vendel

Curt released the source to Star Raiders on the ST in the ST Forum. Wonder if that 68K code could translate to the Jag fairly easy? Was a pretty good tanslation IIRC.

It could be done but it would be a little work. As much as I enjoyed this version, I still think it lacked

compared to the original.

It could be done but it would be a little work. As much as I enjoyed this version, I still think it lacked

Definately. And on the Jaguar we have Alone Against the Empires (Battlesphere subgame) that makes a wonderful version of Star Raiders. (Telling that for Star Raiders fans in general, not so much Gorf who more than likely already knows this).

Cybermorph... now THIS is sweet. Thanks Curt. :D

Definately. And on the Jaguar we have Alone Against the Empires (Battlesphere subgame) that makes a wonderful version of Star Raiders. (Telling that for Star Raiders fans in general, not so much Gorf who more than likely already knows this).

Cybermorph... now THIS is sweet. Thanks Curt. :D

Since Curt just also released ST Star Raiders sources, that could be ported

to the Jag as it is 68k code.

Awesome

30000 lines of 68k

6000 lines of GPU/DSP

No kidding? The same amount of lines as CFlag?

if so, I hope to see someday someone post

300 likes 68k

35700 GPU/DSP

sorry for the quiproquo (do we also say that word in English?)

for Cybermorph, it is easy to measure roughly

since 68k source files are *.m68 files

and risc source files are *.m15 files

Edited by SebRmv

With some work right? ;) (Heard you mention that a few times)

I think if anything I would be interested in streamlining this game, making it where it would fit on a Atari ST cartridge. That has always been my dream for Star Raiders ST.

And Lynx needs a good Star Raiders too.

I think if anything I would be interested in streamlining this game, making it where it would fit on a Atari ST cartridge. That has always been my dream for Star Raiders ST.

So is that what you're making your own EEPROM board for? Smart man.

Lynx is too easy to code for....(so I have heard).

I need a challenge. The Jag has been doing just that for the last 12+ years.

Curt released the source to Star Raiders on the ST in the ST Forum. Wonder if that 68K code could translate to the Jag fairly easy? Was a pretty good tanslation IIRC.

it would be cool to add the original in the Jaguar version aswell , Star Raiders 2000 on the Jaguar would rock!!! :cool:

Lynx is too easy to code for....(so I have heard).

I need a challenge. The Jag has been doing just that for the last 12+ years.

I know you are an Atari man Gorf, but seeing how you like challenges, have you ever tought of coding for the Sega Saturn?

Anyway, im just happy knowing that you are not only interested in coding for the Jag, but the 7800 and Lynx too, 3 very underused systems. By the way, did you loose interest in coding for the Astrocade?, that console looks very interesting, hope to get one soon :D .

I know you are an Atari man Gorf, but seeing how you like challenges, have you ever tought of coding for the Sega Saturn?

Anyway, im just happy knowing that you are not only interested in coding for the Jag, but the 7800 and Lynx too, 3 very underused systems. By the way, did you loose interest in coding for the Astrocade?, that console looks very interesting, hope to get one soon :D .

Nope...never coded the Saturn but I could imagine it being just as much a pain in the arse

as the Jag is....even with a its better toolset. I hit the Astrocade from time to time. So many

consoles.....so little time. :(

Curt,

Source Code to Cybermorph...

I just had chance to spend a little time to read AA, and I was blown away by this.

I was only just getting over seeing you'd posted Checkered Flag, then this. Wow.

THANKS - really, thanks. It's great you share to all, and don't charge anybody.

Richard / JustClaws.

Just wanted to say a million THANX Curt!!!! =) that you "dared" to release these surces... (remembering what people elsewhere on the net were implying to Matthias & Glenn after releasing Minters sources).

I will defenitely read the cybermorph & CF sources with a big inspiration-smile on my face =)

THANK YOU!

regards

/Sym

were implying to Matthias & Glenn after releasing Minters sources).

Why keep opening up this wound.....inaccurately I might add....

I fail to see where anyone did any such thing to Glenn OR Matthias. I saw T-Bird

saying things to OTHERS, and not even so much directly related to the post of the

demos. I know factually that was not aimed at either of the two.

I also feel the person that originally asked about the rights was wise in doing so

if he was not sure. I made that mistake and it is very good to see that at least

SOMEONE has learned from it around here.

Anyone fancy moddy'g the Cybermorph code to possibly making a sequel or prequel (battlemorph)...Was a good game either on a slowish emu or on the real thing

Curt...Hows about the SC for Alien V Predator...And perhaps one of the jaggie coders can make a follow up

I dont think 20th Century Fox would appreciate that very much.

were implying to Matthias & Glenn after releasing Minters sources).

Why keep opening up this wound.....inaccurately I might add....

inaccurately no, since this is a -feeling- I got after reading the thread. In the beginning of the discussion, It was pritty obvious to me what was implied and to whom.

But hey, English is not my tounge, perhapps I was wrong. Im Sorry & appologize.

Thank you for not detonating =)

>carmel_andrews:

AvP & Cybermorph secual:

Well.. Homer would say something fitting regarding Fox =) I will not go there.

However.. it would be nice to see the source get to use as basis for something else..

avp engine could turn out a nice fps shooter... CyberMorph could make a nice start for a "Jump around in a gouroudshade landscape" game.. (N64 smellalike perhapps but Hey...=)

Anyone feel an urge to digg through 1000ends of pages of assembler? :P (& preferabely rewrite it to risc asm =)