IGNORED

Breakout 2000 Source Code

Curt Vendel

Awesome, Breakout 2K was one of the hardest, and one of the best 2P games on the Jag. I'd love to see rotery!

AX

Thanks, I enjoyed playing it and developing it. A rotary controller would be nice but an old fashion paddle controller would be much better.

Mario

Edited by mperdue

Awesome, Breakout 2K was one of the hardest, and one of the best 2P games on the Jag. I'd love to see rotery!

AX

Thanks, I enjoyed playing it and developing it. A rotary controller would be nice but an old fashion paddle controller would be much better.

Mario

I bet you wont notice the difference once I add a rotary to the sources.

Perhaps you can tell me where in the DSP of that code I can 'hook' in a

encoder reading alg? I know where you do this in the 68k C code but I

would move it to the DSP. I already have working code that would allow

the use of a trackbasll or the VCS drivers.

I just noticed this topic. Has anyone done anything with this yet?

For what it's worth, the code that actually moves the paddle with the joypad is in lines 330 to 344. Another section of code would need to be added in an else if block located between 229and 230. The rotary controller code would need to look at the last position of the controller and get an offset value that is used to set the paddle speed. The speed is then used to move the paddle.

Mario

PS

I've been working on a Windows version recently...

You show me a hook spot in your DSP code and I'll add it. It will be compatible with a CX-22, Atari Mouse, Amiga Mouse

and the Atari VCS driving controllers. I need probably about 256 bytes total(probably a less).

Ok Mr. Perdue.

Im about to do this against my better Judgement but to show you I know how to do this,

I will also treat the Jag community to a version movie of KataKylr...a 3D Centipede clone.

Its still a work in progress but whatyou are about to see is code running MOSTLY on

the GPU and out in MAIN RAM....jumping around freely and with stability. I had figured

out a workaround to the MMU bug. The beauty of the bug is it is a consistant one and

it will allow for not only jumps(JR and JUMP) out in main but to and from the Local and

main as well. BTW, there are now tools(SMAC/SLN) for the Jaguar(Thanks to SubQMod)

that will code out in main for you so you dont have to go through the utter coding hell it

takes to do it by hand with the old MADMAC. The following is an example of this(by hand.)

Enjoy folks.........I hope no one makes me sorry for doing this......but here goes....

It's nothing fancy or far from finished but I am using a CX-22 track ball as my controller

hook to the Jagur via a custom circuit I designed....you should also notice the much higher

frame rate.

Edit........though the forum tells me I have unlimited space for upload, it is only two megs

wide max per file.

Perhaps Albert can help me out. :(

Sorry......

Thanks for responding so quickly Mario. :)

Hey, I just was hoping I could finally play Speedster II and Skycopter II, that's all. :cool: I thought I could get one of the very knowledgeable people in the Jaguar community to compile the two games' sources into something I could load onto a Jaguar development system, since I myself am not a developer and don't know how to compile properly. I have a Jaguar 4MB Skunkboard which is a full Jaguar Alpine Dev system replacement and a Atari development flashcart, BJL, etc. I would just love to be able to load it up and play it with my roommates children. :D The game carts from the rides are just not attainable. I would like to assure you it would be ONLY for my personal use and I will sign anything to that effect. ;)

Well,... I don't know if this seems like an unusual request to you, but I'm just a big Jaguar fan starting back in 1994, and I just wanted to be able to play the games with some young kids, and load up something new on this old Jaguar. :) If you require payment for a single use license for myself, I would be more than happy to do that. I do hope you please consider allowing at least myself, since I am requesting the games, or others to enjoy your great Jaguar work.

So if you can locate the bins, cofs, or sources or whatever can be loaded to a flashcart or a Jag dev system, please PM me here on atariage.com or jaguarsector.com I am known as ovalbugmann on both sites. My current email address link is on both profile pages on the two sites.

Let me know what can be done with this and, Thank You, for taking the time to at least consider my request. :)

Edited by ovalbugmann

Edit........though the forum tells me I have unlimited space for upload, it is only two megs

wide max per file.

Perhaps Albert can help me out. :(

Yep, that's the nature of it all right now. We talked about this a while back. Atariage and the limits are kinda with the 2002 mindset when all this was setup. Back then a 2 mb file was a good maximum. Now, with drives with easily hundreds of gigs for storage, you can throw around a 100 mb and not even think about it. :)

Since I just noticed this latest post, may I welcome Mario Perdue here?

I know, I know. He has been a registered member since always...

PS: Mario, will we see a Mac version as well?

I don't know that the PC version will ever see the light of day. I was just missing B2K and had a little time to play around over the holiday.

Mario

Hi Mario,

Why not coding a B3K for the Jag ? ;)

replacement and a Atari development flashcart, BJL, etc.

BJL wont help you. BJL is only good for a RAM based app, specifically

written to be loaded in RAM. Speedster II and SkyCopter are ROM

based and need to be loaded to a cart, Alpine or flash. the skunk may

not even load it.

Ok Mr. Perdue...... Albert has increased the upload limit so here goes.

First the disclaimer.....

The following Audio/Visual and code is the sole property of 3D Stooges Software Studios, LLC

Unauthorized reproduction in part or in whole is strictly prohibited....

Enough of that crap.....

Now the goods....

KataKylr3D.mpg

Enojy folks.

Edited by Gorf

You just couldn't help yourself, could you Gorf? :D

Help myself with what? That is NOT the movie with ALL the 3DSSS projects.....

I was not exactly crazy about uploading this minute part of it due to past

creepiness on the part of some...but.....I dood it.

That's what I meant... showing people things before they're finished in case someone would want to steal your idea.

Now the goods....

Enojy folks.

Awesome! It is so cool to see a game working with the Jaguar's strengths instead of against them!

I always felt like the Jaguar was aimed at two things: Lightning fast scaled 2D, and lightning fast smooth-shaded 3D. There weren't enough of those kinds of games to really show off the Jaguar hardware.

That video has a very Tempest-y feel with the world swinging left to right like that. Looks like tons of fun! :D

- KS

You just couldn't help yourself, could you Gorf? :D

Help myself with what? That is NOT the movie with ALL the 3DSSS projects.....

I was not exactly crazy about uploading this minute part of it due to past

creepiness on the part of some...but.....I dood it.

That's what I meant... showing people things before they're finished in case someone would want to steal your idea.

This is intended for Mario. My guess is he would have like to have main RAM coding capablitily

and to show him I can indeed update B2k with a nice rotary controller.

Awesome! It is so cool to see a game working with the Jaguar's strengths instead of against them!

I always felt like the Jaguar was aimed at two things: Lightning fast scaled 2D, and lightning fast smooth-shaded 3D. There weren't enough of those kinds of games to really show off the Jaguar hardware.

Thanks!

That after all is and always has been my goal with the Jag....to

make it scream in agony.....so far for the most part it's hardly

broken a sweat(a handful of titles excluded.)

just thought everyone would like to now this useless bit of information as it was brought up:

the 'excellent' sound posted earlier is in the cartridge version of painter, there are 2 ways to hear it

1 the sound effect test

2 activate the bonus mode, hum i wonder how this can be done :ponder: