IGNORED

Curt Vendel

Gorf

Since I know you adore the 7800 and since you have done great things for the community

Name the title you wish to see on the 7800......I'll start work on it as soon as I am done with

that other'small' project I m working on for you. :D

Since I am a novice when it comes to the 7800...do I have any volunteers that can give me

a crash course in a few weeks?

Thanks!

Curt rules and I only wish the business gods somehow land the ownership of Atari on his lap!

I'm still looking for coders to translate the Centipede sources into Millipede, use the Desert Falcon engine to make a Zaxxon game and take the Galaga sources I have and make Galaxian and potentially Gorf as well...

Anyone interested, please PM me.

Lets keep the new 7800 development going strong!!!

Curt

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...t&p=1435771

Should keep you busy for a couple of days :P

I'm still looking for coders to translate the Centipede sources into Millipede, use the Desert Falcon engine to make a Zaxxon game and take the Galaga sources I have and make Galaxian and potentially Gorf as well...

Anyone interested, please PM me.

Lets keep the new 7800 development going strong!!!

Curt

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...t&p=1435771

Should keep you busy for a couple of days :P

Say whenever someone gets to picking apart the DF engine don't forget that the enemy speed is NOT cleard between players 1 and 2:

Example Player one is goofing off and runs into a pyramid, player 2 gets to level ...6 on her first life, now player one is stuck flying and shooting at level one speed against level 6 speed enemies.

If someone would fix this I would pay AA 7800 cart price + $5 + shipping for the cart and the bin for the cuttle Cart 2.

If its not fixed then Zaxxon will have the same problem in 2 player mode....

I would certainly be interesting to see a game like Major Havoc, IRobot, Marble Madness done on the 7800...

Anyone want to do Xevious 2 ??? I have the sources to Xevious...

Curt

I'd rather see a game that hasn't been done for any Atari system & seeing how good Asteroids Deluxe & Space Duels (vector games originally) look on 7800, I think it would be awesome if someone tried to tackle

Aztarec

Peace

I would like to see the following games on the 7800: return of Invaders, Gaplus, Mappy, Star Castle and Shao lin's road.

Star castle is a game that played when the DP site had an arcade. It has vector graphics and I think is a game that 7800 can handle after see how well Asteroids Deluxe & Space Duel looked.

Here are gameplay youtube videos of Return of Invaders:

Stages 1 to 5: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxldFigD5h8

Stages 6 to 10: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V56UL-G05Xc

Stages 11 to 15: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxt77Q5K0aE

Stages 16 to 20: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLrVYw5Q7J8

Here are gameplay videos of Gaplus:

Parsec 1-3 :

Parsec 4-8:

Parsec 9-13:

Shao Lin's road: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7HVEUW-Yg4

It doesn't show the other difficulty with the birds on the screen.

The 7800 doesn't have a version of space invaders. Return of Invaders is game of the Space Invaders Franchise. Gaplus is know as Galaga 3. It is part of the Galaga Franchise.

Edited by 8th lutz

Out with the Xevious sources! Wow, I really need to look into this more. Ive always wanted to take on programming for the 7800, but I still don't know where to start. (I know the answers are out there)

Xevious could probably be manipulated into several games like it, even if a sequal wasn't what you were after.

I would certainly be interesting to see a game like Major Havoc, IRobot, Marble Madness done on the 7800...

Anyone want to do Xevious 2 ??? I have the sources to Xevious...

Curt

I'd rather see a game that hasn't been done for any Atari system & seeing how good Asteroids Deluxe & Space Duels (vector games originally) look on 7800, I think it would be awesome if someone tried to tackle

Aztarec

Peace

Aural hacks could be an interesting place to start - I would personally love to hear a version of 7800 Donkey Kong (and/or Donkey Kong Junior) with Pokey sound!

Don't forget the current 7800 version doesn't have the pie level.

If the pie level existed, it would look something like this.

gallery_4750_216_5723.png

I always thought the 7800 could do Gremilins and Pengo too.

gallery_4750_216_2247.png

gallery_4750_216_66.png

Edited by Bakasama

Aural hacks could be an interesting place to start - I would personally love to hear a version of 7800 Donkey Kong (and/or Donkey Kong Junior) with Pokey sound!

Me too, man. I hate the sounds in these two 7800 games. You could just rip the Pokey sounds from the 8-bit versions.

Allan

Curt

You know Curt, out of the three you mentioned, I think "Major Havoc" would be the most fun. And honestly, haven't seen it on a Atari system yet, so that would make the 7800 just that more unique.

I should do that...I love Star Castle! But Curt's game first....

You can always wait for my Jag version too...Star Kingdom.

Great game tho!

Glad you have a healthy imagination when it comes to Jaguar games.

You seem sincere enough in your admiration for Curt to finish the 7800 game however, so look forward to seeing that.

Glad you have a healthy imagination when it comes to Jaguar games.

Imagination? Is this another one of your retarded accusations of my titles being vaporware?

If so...imagine never playing this.....

post-3357-1202911971_thumb.jpg

Or are these accusations designed to motivate me to work faster? News flash! It wont.

It might just get you on the shit list...no one has been put on that yet mind you, but you

keep it up and my games will be vaporware......to you .

Why can't you morons with the vaproware accusations get it through your VERY thick skulls

that I CANT' work on or complete any Jag games becasue I have contract work?

There are several folks on JSII and here who have not only seen, but have played

EVERY titles I've said was in the works. PEople like you and your holier than thou

attitude toward the hands that feed you games is rather dubios. YOU personally may

never see my games but others will.

You seem sincere enough in your admiration for Curt to finish the 7800 game however, so look forward to seeing that.

clu, when I need your approval and assestment on my sincerity, I'll let you know ok?

Until then, please...do us and everyone a favor and especially yourself, and just zipit.

Oh and spare me the BS pm's crap where you accuse me of wanting to be worshipped.

It 's just more of your clearly misinformed bullshit, and totally botched assesment of who

I am. Really..just dont.

Thanks.

Now back on topic. :D

Edited by Gorf