IGNORED

My latests project- 1064 mod

yorgle

That is sweet :thumbsup: can we have a how to/pictures of the rats nest inside, I would love to do something along those lines with my 1064 :D

To tell you the truth, I'm scared to open it now that I've finally managed to stuff everything inside. I'm sure others could do a much more professional job than I did, but for what it's worth, here's what I did: I removed the LCD screen connector from the pcb and soldered in a ribbon cable to allow the screen to be mounted separately from the main pcb. I then soldered jumpers in between all of the switches on the main pcb and the 800xl keyboard function keys. I murdered an old usb sd card reader and harvested its sd card socket which I then connected to the main pcb by simply soldering in a ribbon cable pin-to-pin with the socket on the main board. This allowed me to mount the sd card socket away from the main pcb. Both the function keys and the LCD screen are held in place by plastic posts made from LEGOS.