IGNORED

Bravo Sierra Computers?

SeaGtGruff

(I apologize if I'm posting this in the wrong forum; I'm not sure if it should go here or somewhere else.)

Has anyone ever ordered anything from Bravo Sierra Computers? If so, how was your experience? Would you recommend them to someone who is interested in buying an Atari 8-bit computer system, software, reference books, etc.?

Michael

I've purchased items from him (Ben - I don't recall his last name). I've never had any problems. Some people around here don't like him but I think it's more of him as a person and not as a vendor. I'd do business with him again.

tjb

I've purchased from BS before, and everything went smoothly. Ben is a little quirky, but he seems like a nice guy and has some decent stuff. I don't know anything about the personal problems people have had with him, but my one or two experiences buying from him have been good. Take that for what it's worth I guess.

Tempest

I purchased from Ben once before, it was for some Jag games - this would have been right around the time that Telegames USA folded up shop - and everything went reasonably well. His online list was a little out of date, so he didn't have one game I wanted, but he was on the phone with me a couple times to verify the order and discuss video games. I also got the quirky impression, but there are plenty of strange characters in video games anyhow. ;)

Seems like the 8-bit community has more to say about him:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=115100

• 1 month later...

Nice enough guy, just basically killed the 8-bit Atari newsgroup (at least for a while) with the Bacon he was feeding the newsgroup with all the ads for his company.

I couldn't call it spam, it was Atari related, but give it more the bacon title since we got so damn much of it.

• 9 years later...

I had a look at his website less than two months ago after listening to the interview on ANTIC. I remember he mentioned that his sister wanted to move him into assisted living but he was rather planning to buy more shelves for Atari stuff. He also mentioned that his website is down occasionally, so maybe try again in a few weeks.

He sounded like a nice guy but his business seems to be more hobbyist than the others as he said he uses it to supplement disability pension/payments.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Anyone heard from Ben? I see his site is down and due to his serious health issues, I wondered if things had taken a turn for the worst. I thought he also had an ebay presence but didn't find that either.

I was wondering this the other day. If I can find his phone number, I'll just give him a call to check-in.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

There was an interview on the ANTIC podcast where he explained that he lives on disability benefits and runs the Atari business from his bedroom, and that his sister seems to consider that foolish/inappropriate/etc. and wants to shut him down. So either that may have happened or it's a health issue.

• 2 weeks later...