IGNORED

My Brother Found This Old Cartridge......

My brother found a Atari Computer cartridge that has a small handwritten label on it that looks like it says, DLR PILLED GAMES (or the DLR is DIR). Inside, the Atari board is a red one with a Fuji on it says A601 & A602 on each side of the top and it has a removeable chip with some wires and transistor like things on it.

The case also has a date written on it (looks like 8-21-81) and the words Rom, Pre, First. I'm guessing they would be unrelated to the sticker.

We're Atari computerless now so we can't plug it in and see what it does.

Photos below in post #8.

Any idea what the words on the sticker mean?

Edited by Atari Rescue Group

My brother found a Atari Computer cartridge that has a small handwritten label on it that looks like it says, DLR PILLED GAMES (or the DLR is DIR). Inside, the Atari board is a red one with a Fuji on it says A601 & A602 on each side of the top and it has a removeable chip with some wires and transistor like things on it.

The case also has a date written on it (looks like 8-21-81) and the words Rom, Pre, First. I'm guessing they would be unrelated to the sticker.

We're Atari computerless now so we can't plug it in and see what it does.

Sorry for the poor photo. With the camera I have tonight and the lighting here this isn't much to look at. I can do better on Friday.

Any idea what the words on the sticker mean?

Don't really know what it does, but I'll hazard a guess. From the picture, it look like the chip on boards isn't a PROM as such I would imagine that the cart itself doesn't hold any data. What it may do though is be a form of copy protection? That is if you load the game from disk you need to have the cart plugged in to actually play the game?

Quad set/reset latch.

Most likely used to perform write-protecting of RAM - ie emulate a cartridge.

The Pill's copying software, from memory, just asks the user to insert the cartridge to copy, then dumps it out to disk.

Then, the loader would likely copy it to the computer's RAM, flip the write-protect latch and execute the cartridge.

Maybe someone here has a "Pill"ed cart image you could try with it.