IGNORED

So should I hold off on the next wave of items or what?

Crazy Climber

Is now a bad time to sell on Ebay due to all the "strike" talk?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Is now a bad time to sell on Ebay due to all the "strike" talk?

• YES Your sales will most likely suffer greatly due to the strike
    • NO This strike is a joke and nobody cares, your stuff will sell just fine
    • Who cares, your items suck anyways

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Just wondering if now is a bad time to sell my stuff with all the strike talk going on. I am not a greedy guy and feel I list stuff at fair prices but I also like to get back at least what I paid for the stuff so I am unsure if I should wait or just list next Tuesday like I planned. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks :)

Edited by Crazy Climber

What strike???

LOL

That about sums it up!

Apparently a bunch of sellers are so pissed off at having to pay some extra pocket change to sell stuff on Ebay they are boycotting Ebay for a few days. Ya...good idea. Protest making less money by not selling anything at all. :roll:

@ Crazy Climber....the strike won't affect anything. I mentioned in the other thread about the strike, it will have as much impact on Ebay as the so-called 1 day don't buy gas strikes have on the oil companies. Maybe about 0.0000000001%

What strike???

LOL

That about sums it up!

Apparently a bunch of sellers are so pissed off at having to pay some extra pocket change to sell stuff on Ebay they are boycotting Ebay for a few days. Ya...good idea. Protest making less money by not selling anything at all. :roll:

@ Crazy Climber....the strike won't affect anything. I mentioned in the other thread about the strike, it will have as much impact on Ebay as the so-called 1 day don't buy gas strikes have on the oil companies. Maybe about 0.0000000001%

I get what you are saying, I am just a little worried since a lot of people from here seem to bid on my stuff.

What strike???

LOL

That about sums it up!

Do you own eBay stock or something?

I get what you are saying, I am just a little worried since a lot of people from here seem to bid on my stuff.

I guess we will find out together.

I have 19 auctions scheduled to start Sunday night.

If I knew the strike was this week, to tell the truth, I probably would have waited a week.

I found out about it after I scheduled all my start times, and I am not going to cancel 18 auctions.

If I knew the strike was this week, to tell the truth, I probably would have waited a week.

I found out about it after I scheduled all my start times, and I am not going to cancel 18 auctions.

You could easily reschedule them if you wanted to wait a week.

You could easily reschedule them if you wanted to wait a week.

I have tried this in the past and have been able to edit everything but the starting time.

I just tried it now and it will let me.

Was I stupid before or is this new?

@ Crazy Climber: And since there is no rush for me to sell these items now, I am going to put it off a week just to play it safe.

If you don't dealy your auctions, I would still bet that there will be very little difference.

What strike???

LOL

That about sums it up!

True, but only sellers care about the new policies. In fact, for buyers, the new feedback thing is the best thing Ebay has done in years. And as to the fee increases, sure it will affect them in that the prices of items will go up, but ultimately smart people know that EVERYTHING has gone up due to inflation.

In reality, you'd be smart to run MORE stuff during the strike. You'll have the same amount of buyers, (since they're not the ones striking) and (supposedly) less sellers. So ultimately you'll have a better chance of stuff selling for more.

No, I just know how things work, and when a company raises its rates because of inflation, having a strike will accomplish nothing. Is anyone striking against the post office who just raised their rates? No? Why not? Oh that's right because it's stupid and juvenile and won't accomplish anything.

I don't like that ebay raises their rates any more than the phone company, or my favorite restaurant, or the place that dry cleans my work clothes.

So no I don't own Ebay stock, I'm just not having a 4 year old type temper tantrum over this either. :roll:

What strike???

LOL

That about sums it up!

True, but only sellers care about the new policies. In fact, for buyers, the new feedback thing is the best thing Ebay has done in years. And as to the fee increases, sure it will affect them in that the prices of items will go up, but ultimately smart people know that EVERYTHING has gone up due to inflation.

In reality, you'd be smart to run MORE stuff during the strike. You'll have the same amount of buyers, (since they're not the ones striking) and (supposedly) less sellers. So ultimately you'll have a better chance of stuff selling for more.

No, I just know how things work, and when a company raises its rates because of inflation, having a strike will accomplish nothing. Is anyone striking against the post office who just raised their rates? No? Why not? Oh that's right because it's stupid and juvenile and won't accomplish anything.

I don't like that ebay raises their rates any more than the phone company, or my favorite restaurant, or the place that dry cleans my work clothes.

So no I don't own Ebay stock, I'm just not having a 4 year old type temper tantrum over this either. :roll:

ok.... you are right.

Won't there be twice as much up for sale the following week which will make absolutely no difference for Ebay in the long run?

Most likely.

More like 99.9% as much during the "strike week", 100.1% as much the next week...

BTW guys, sellers don't work for eBay (they don' t pay you, you pay them!), never mind there's no union, so it wouldn't be a "strike", it's a boycott. :roll:

(I hope I haven't offended anyone's delicate constitution by pointing out this particular word misuse.)