IGNORED

Do you own more video games or home videos?

Rhindle The Red

Do you own more video games or home videos?  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Do you own more video games or home videos?

• More video games, by a long shot.
    • More video games, but not by much.
    • About the same
    • More videos, but not by much.
    • More videos, by a long shot.

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

So I've been re-organizing things and I noticed how many freaking videos I own (and by that I mean VHS, DVD, laserdisc, selectavision disc, UMD, you name it) and I wondered how it compared to the number of games I own.

Now, I own over 3,000 games at last count (which was a while ago, I suspect it's closer to 4,000 nowadays) and I really had no idea where the number of movies would land. So I did a bit of a rough count:

80 laserdiscs

30 SelectaVision videodiscs

1000+ DVDs

20 VCDs

13 UMDs

8 GBA carts

600+ VHS

15 VideoNow

and probably another 20 or so "other" (Beta, Hi-8, MovieCD, Super8, etc...)

Which puts it somewhere north of 1800, but a long way from my video games.

How's about you?

Whoa!, 3,000 video games that's a lot more than me, I thought I was bad, and excessive trying to collect everything for the Jaguar. :roll: I do have around 230+ original games for my Dreamcast (not counting downloaded DC games) though and have extra DC hardware. A lot for the Jaguar too, some doubles, boxed games, extra hardware, Jagflashcarts, BattleSphere, catboxes, etc. I have spent really too much on it. :ponder: I recently got a Heavy sixer and two 7800s and have about 100 VCS games and 20 - 7800 games. I have really bought too much extra hardware for both the DC & Jag to use in my lifetime, I think. I sometimes wonder if I will have enough time to enjoy all my videogames that I currently have, thoroughly, before I die. :ponder:

I'm not sure just how many games I possess for every system I own but I do have a rather large amount of movies and every time I go to a thrift store or flea market I bring another bag full home. Sadly I do not have as much of an influx of games on account of both price and availability. At .50 to $1 for a flick, on top of the plethora of dub tapes from the past 20 years, I certainly have amassed a far greater amount of them when compared to my game collection. I even have a fair amount of DVD's since they've become affordable as well. Also I finally acquired a DVD writer so let the dubbing begin anew. :)

I own more DVD's & just a bit of VHS tapes. I have over 200 DVD's & about 20 VHS tapes. So, that would bring my video collection to 220 & my Classic Gaming Collection to 184 Games. I'm just a casual collector. I could never let go of my classic gaming collection. I love it & it gives me something to do when I'm bored & have nothing else to do. It's my muse, ahhh... lol.

Here's some pics & one of me & my little Brohamz, Matt. I gave him my Xbox 360 for an early 21st Birthday present. Happy 21st Birthday M., 5.30.08. :0)...

post-12493-1203471700_thumb.jpg

post-12493-1203471764_thumb.jpg

post-12493-1203471830_thumb.jpg

Last count of games was about 350, but then i've probably about doubled that it's been ages since i counted. As for videos, i have 1 VHS now, well, its in my posession but not mine (Crapston Villa) and around 100-130 dvds.

I really want a small LaserDisc collection because i think they rock, but can never find space/money for one my room is tiny.

Edit: Ok, on closer inspection i have 352 games that i can see from where i am sitting now :P On various consoles spanning NES/Master system to Atari 2600 right up to Xbox 360 and PC. Theres a whole nother shelf downstairs, so maybe not double, but theres gonna be around 450 total.

Edited by Diabloabsher

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

More dvds , I have about 60 games in total (a tiny amount compared to some people here) and I rarely even play most of them. These days I much prefer films. I can't even justify buying one more game, for the simple fact I know I won't play it. I'm getting out of the game. I love cinema, I can watch my fav movies over and over.

Edited by so_tough!