IGNORED

Jaguar CD developper kit: how to boot?

SebRmv

Hello,

I can't remember how to boot a CD on a Developper console equiped with the Jag CD developper kit.

Can anyone here recall me what to do?

Should I plug the interface cable?

Is there something special to do? (press C at boot time...)

Thanks!

PS: for the moment I get the picture indicating to plug the power cord of the CD unit

whereas it is already plugged!

Edited by SebRmv

Hello,

I can't remember how to boot a CD on a Developper console equiped with the Jag CD developper kit.

Thanks!

PS: for the moment I get the picture indicating to plug the power cord of the CD unit

Sorry for this post... I just found the answer.

Plug the interface cable (grey connector into black plug)

Then boot while pressing C

And this works :)

Hello,

Thanks!

You got it. Hold 'B' down if you want to run the cart. And hold 'A' down if you want the stub to load in DRAM instead of on the Alpine.

Hello,

Thanks!

You got it. Hold 'B' down if you want to run the cart. And hold 'A' down if you want the stub to load in DRAM instead of on the Alpine.

I tried again this morning and it didn't work anymore :?

I got the "plug the power cord" instead.

Any ideas?

hmm.. do you own a cd dev kit? with the rainbowribbon & falcon converter?...cool =)

cant remember i read anyone having such... but if someone do I hope he will help you

sorry i cant be of any help :/

And i hope it didnt just break... that'd be a bummer

/Sym

Yes, I am a lucky owner of this beast :)

But well, I haven't tried to plug a Falcon at the other end :D

This is quite weird because yesterday, it finally worked...

I have a full developers unit from an ex-atari developer. The CD unit has a gray cable coming out of it that goes to a little PCB that has 3 connectors on it. You have to have it plugged into one specific connector when you just want to use the JagCD as a normal JagCD (obviously it still has the dev bios in it so it will boot unencrypted cd's). Without this cable being plugged in you get the power issue your seeing.

The pcb has two connectors going straight up and one at a right angle. The right angle is for connecting to the Falcon. The straight up connector on the other end is for normal JagCD usage. The middle straight up connector is for when you have the Falcon connected to the other cable.

I have a full developers unit from an ex-atari developer. The CD unit has a gray cable coming out of it that goes to a little PCB that has 3 connectors on it. You have to have it plugged into one specific connector when you just want to use the JagCD as a normal JagCD (obviously it still has the dev bios in it so it will boot unencrypted cd's). Without this cable being plugged in you get the power issue your seeing.

The pcb has two connectors going straight up and one at a right angle. The right angle is for connecting to the Falcon. The straight up connector on the other end is for normal JagCD usage. The middle straight up connector is for when you have the Falcon connected to the other cable.

ok thanks for the details. I didn't know these.

that's basically what I did yesterday by pure coincidence :)

I don't understand why it does not work anymore today.

Edited by SebRmv

Seb>

Sweet! =)

And that connection to the Falcon must go thru a DSP interface board and not straight to the Falcon. The small adapter board provides loopback connections to allow the CD unit to function.

Glenn

hmm.. when skipping through this info in the devmanual some 5 years ago I got the feeling you just plugget that "rainbow coloured" cable to that "2-connectors in straight angle to pcb" and that Into the DSP port on the falcon... I reconed the dsp is powerful enough to handle the data and emulate a 2x cd stream from a scsi drive...

Do you mean there have to be yet another DSP board inbetween cable & dsp port on falcon?

Actually if anyone have a picture of such a setup (complete on jaguar side & perhapps without the falcon, but with the dsp connector in the end of some cable?) I for one would be interested to see it, to see what parts were actually needed..

cheers

/Sym

Could it be one of the engine of the CD mechanism?

Hi, I finally changed the CD mechanism because I suspected one of the engine.

Unfortunately, it has not changed anything.

However, while unmounting the JagCD, I noticed that two wires of the multicolor cable

going out from the CD unit were hanging (not soldered anywhere).

Is it normal?

Has anyone have the wiring of this multicolor cable so that I can check that?

Thanks

Edited by SebRmv