IGNORED

Colecovision HSC week #17 - Antarctic Adventure

NOTE: THIS WEEKS GAME HAS ENDED!

Antarctic Adventure

post-14567-1203575171.jpg

Game Info

As a penguin, you must travel around Antarctica, making your way between bases before time runs out. This sounds easy, right? Wrong. Hindering your progress will be ice crevices and leopard seals. You can jump over the crevices, but jumping over the leopard seals may be difficult. You can speed up or slow down the penguin to avoid both of these hazards. The bases include Australia, France, New Zealand, USA, Argentina, UK, and Japan.

-This game was suggested by: theking21083

-Skill level: 1

Challenge

-None

HSC Info

-Post your scores in this thread and every couple of days I will update the leaderboard.

-The cutoff for posting scores will be the following Thursday at 1:00 A.M. Eastern because I was slacking and got this game up late.

-Use the same skill level as posted so that all the scores will be acurate.

-Please read the Rules and Regulations thread for a thoural description of the HSC rules.

-If you would like to make a challenge for this game try to let me know before you post your first score.

Current High Scores

1st - duncantoml (204,020)

2nd - Mister VCS (84,180)

3rd - joeybastard (63,480)

4th - ColecoNation (35,990)

5th - Ikrananka (35,700)

Leaderboard

1st -duncantoml +180 points

2nd -joeybastard +142 points

3rd -theking21083 +112 points

4th -Ikrananka +108 points

5th -chuckwalla +86 points

6th -Mister VCS +63 points

7th -RJ +53

8th -Recycled +42 points

9th -Blackjack +26 points

10th-ColecoNation +25

11th-jboypacman +23 points

12th-PressureCooker2600 +22 points

12th-1982VideoGames +22 points

13th-Prodos8 +11

13th-doubledown +11

14th-Albert +9 points

14th-jetset +9 points

14th-ladybugz +9

15th-purenergy +6 points

16th-edweird13 +1 point

16th-ScottHuggins +1 point

16th-Artlover +1 point

16th-Murph74 +1 point

Edited by theking21083

Sorry for the delay guys. This game will go on until next Thursday at 1 AM Eastern. I hope that you enjoy this weeks game.

Note: doubledown on his first week in the Colecovision HSC has managed to do the unlikely. He is the first to defeat our champ duncantoml.

Sorry for the delay guys. This game will go on until next Thursday at 1 AM Eastern. I hope that you enjoy this weeks game.

Note: doubledown on his first week in the Colecovision HSC has managed to do the unlikely. He is the first to defeat our champ duncantoml.

Tapper can be rolled and is pretty easy to do, but to do so you must stay on one screen and just serve drinks and collect glass and money over and over and..... I'm assuming that is the technique that was used. I asked about what the level was reached to get the score but nothing been posted yet.

I didn't feel this technique was in the spirt of the game, so I chose to clear levels which may have cost me the top score.

I agree I also chose to clear that levels probably costing me many points. No rules were stated that this couldn't be done so it is still legal. I never play this game so I didn't realize that the levels kept on going like that until last week.

Edited by theking21083

Tapper can be rolled and is pretty easy to do, but to do so you must stay on one screen and just serve drinks and collect glass and money over and over and..... I'm assuming that is the technique that was used. I asked about what the level was reached to get the score but nothing been posted yet.

I didn't feel this technique was in the spirt of the game, so I chose to clear levels which may have cost me the top score.

Relax, it's all for fun. Considering the pounding you give everybody on every other game, you're still the CV champion of the universe. :)

@the king21083:

Collecting a flashing flag will allow you to wear a propeller that enable you to fly over those hazards.

:ponder: really? You are talking about the MSX-version?

It is a dinner for one this week...

I really don't know. I have never played this game before. I just found some information for the colecovision version and put it up. That's what it said so that's what I put. If it is defferent let me know so I can change it.

@the king21083:

Collecting a flashing flag will allow you to wear a propeller that enable you to fly over those hazards.

:ponder: really? You are talking about the MSX-version?

It is a dinner for one this week...

I really don't know. I have never played this game before. I just found some information for the colecovision version and put it up. That's what it said so that's what I put. If it is defferent let me know so I can change it.

The flashing flag and propellor only appear in the arcade and NES versions. AFAIK they do not appear in the MSX and ColecoVision versions.

Yeah, it's fun, but I'm just horrible at racing-type games. The weird thing is that while I only got to Stage 6 or 7, the second stage seemed to be the hardest of the bunch...

And those seals really know how to piss you off. Makes me want to watch some National Geographic Channel and cheer for the polar bears this time around.

+ Nathan