IGNORED

Nepharious Atarious - a homebrew song

B00daW

I programmed this song for the TIA recently and am wondering if anybody would be kind enough to rip from hardware. Stella has some real inconsistencies. I will surely credit you and AtariAge once it's ripped.

If possible a normalized wave ripped to VBR 2 MP3 would be great. winLAME and Audacity should work well.

Oh, and click the link to the left of the speaker to download the binary. :D

Thanks in advance.

If someone hasn't done this for you by next week, let me know and I'll be able to help. I can use a 2600 that has been modified with audio output, so the audio quality is quite good. I can record it directly to my computer and then send you the WAV and you can convert it to whatever type of MP3 you need.

..Al

If someone hasn't done this for you by next week, let me know and I'll be able to help. I can use a 2600 that has been modified with audio output, so the audio quality is quite good. I can record it directly to my computer and then send you the WAV and you can convert it to whatever type of MP3 you need.

..Al

Really? In that case, it's time to put a CD of selected homebrew songs in the store.

..Al

I got a 2 days left in the compo before submissions are final. Due to an exploit in the system, I think MP3 submissions are allowed at any time. Also because most people will not want to use Stella and voting starts as soon as submission time is over, sooner would be better. I can't really beg, but it would be awfully gracious of you.

Thanks so much. If you wanted to just Sendspace the WAV on this forum, I'll take care of the MP3 submission. You will undoubtedly get credit, sir.

--

CD? :D

Just a bump, but the compo has been extended 5 days today. So if people care to rip the track, there will be a bit more time to do that.

Advance appreciations,

teh b00

--

Edit: Nevermind. He closed submissions again. O_o;

Edited by B00daW

• 3 weeks later...

Well, it would have been really great to have hardware recordings of TIA songs, but I guess beggars cannot be choosers. :(

Currently there is no method to accurately record TIA music without pops, skips, or glitches. If anyone with experience in sound and emulation would like to write a sound output utility for Atari 2600/7800 binaries, (that could also be ported to a media player plug-in) that would be spectacular.

Either way, considerations were kind, but I'm a bit disappointed that nobody responded within almost a month's time.

Good luck and thanks regardless.