IGNORED

Games that have a definate ending

TwinChargers

There are a few games where you must accomplish a type of a mission, and when you do, the game ends.

Private Eye (a little music plays)

Space Shuttle (after landing you get a ranking report)

Shuttle Orbiter (you get a cool animation at the end!)

Checkers (Activision, the computer "sulks" in the top corner when defeated)

Robot Tank (ends if you defeat 12 squadrons)

Dolphin (game ends and score reads "Amazing" if you reach 300,000 points)

For the 5200, Pitfall II has an interesting ending after you complete the second cavern. (Probably one of the most involved ending sequences!)

Of my games...Reindeer Rescue has an ending. M-4 is timed, so it sort of has an ending. Go Fish!, Squish 'Em, and Elevators Amiss can be played for all eternity. :P

EDIT: I forgot a few...BLiP Football, which I was partially involved in, has an ending, since it is a sports game. Hunt the Wumpus, which saw an extremely limited release :lolblue: has an ending. Not very spectacular, but end it does.

Edited by vdub_bobby

Here is another thead about the very topic:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12351

I had a look at that other post to see if one of my faves was listed, Demon Attack. It is but the post mentioned that was only the early runs...

Also early runs of Demon Attack ended at wave...87 was it?

... so I want to buy the ones that end, is there a way of telling by the packaging or cartridge that it is one of those early runs? I had that kind back in the old days and I want to make sure that's the type I get again now that I have an Atari again.

Slot Racer had a definite end, when i was going through my collection and found it and remembered how much i hated it so i gingerly placed it under the rear wheel of my old Dodge Diplomat and sent it and the tire to their final reward in a cloud of smoke.

Slot Racer had a definite end, when i was going through my collection and found it and remembered how much i hated it so i gingerly placed it under the rear wheel of my old Dodge Diplomat and sent it and the tire to their final reward in a cloud of smoke.

:rolling:

Solaris has an ending!