IGNORED

WTB:A8 parts&carts/ROMOX/Xante/Expando-Vision. Trades/Upgrades/Repairs

Defender II

Please don't post offers in this thread. PM me with list then send pictures to my email. icon_smile.gif

icon_mrgreen.gifSee my Trades/Upgrades/Repairs list post#2. icon_mrgreen.gif

I will pay fair prices usually beating other offers, just let me know how much you are looking for for the following:
PLEASE PM ME IF YOU WOULD SELL ANY OF THESE.
Carts: and any doc's or boxes etc. (Originals)

Any Rares or Protos
AProm & APromXL
A/D Converter
AtariTexte
Atext-1
Atmas
Atmona-1
Austin 80

BASIC B cartridge
BASIC Computing Language with Atari Inc plastic case (not the metal plate one)
Boot Ease
Cavernia
Chiffres et des Lettres, Des
Coconotes record
Conquest of the Crown
Cosmic Life
Cosmic Tunnels
Da'Fuzz
Data Perfect
Diamond GOS
Direct Access
Drumesiser
Edge Connector Programmable Cartridge (ECPC) blank and any programmed
ESP Mindlock BBS
Espial
Exidy Demo Cartridge
Expando-Vision
Express!
Fast Food
Flip and Flop
GhostCART, GhostCART II, GhostCART II+, and disk, and manual.
Gold Mine
Halftime Battlin' Bands record
Ham Pack
Hamsoft/Amtor
Hypnotic Land
Impersonator
INFO/soft Text Generator
Instant MyDOS
ISORA & LOOPS DX
Jawbreaker
Jump Start
K-razy Kritters by K-Byte
KISS
Laser Gates

Laura - 2nd version in English

Leo's Links
Letter Perfect

LIFE
Lifespan
LogicMaster
Mac/65
Magic Dump
Math Works
Matterhorn
Megabyte Modul #1 Megacart Ultimate Util
MicroCalc
Microprinter System
Mirage Software Sampler Cartridge
Monkey Wrench any versions
Movie Maker
Movie Musical Madness record
Mr. Do's Castle
Mr. TNT
MULTI CART
Multi Ficha
Neptune's Daughters
Paint-N-Sketch
Pastfinder
Persistent RAM both versions 1/2 & 8K/16K
Proburner
Pronto
PUP Primary Utility Pack
Pursuit of the Pink Panther
RM400 ROM
Rack 'em Up
Rambox 2
SALT carts
Shadow World
Six Pack
Spark Bugs
SpartaDOS X
SpectraView II
Star Maze
Starion
Story Machine
Super Pill
Super Cart Frontrunner
Super Sketch Graphics Master (non-standard)
Super Zaxxon
Synassembler
Telepromter
Topper
Trust
UTILITY CARTRIDGE
Verify Cartridge

Video Life
WAM
Whiz Kid
Wing War
World Karate Championship
Writer's Tool, The
XE Demo Cartridge
Zybex
icon_mrgreen.gif

icon_mrgreen.gif ~~~~~~~~~~WANTED!~~~~~~~~~~ icon_mrgreen.gif

post-7804-1238377186.jpg
Thanks to Rybags for the image. icon_thumbsup.gif:!:

Does anyonwe have: WAM! or The Examiner or The Bytewriter?
If so, please PM me. icon_eek.gif

Indus GT Parts. I am mostly looking for the front Plexiglas & Indus Ramcharger right now.

Other wish/dream list: icon_mrgreen.gif
815 (dreaming icon_wink.gif )
1450XLD (like I said I am dreaming icon_wink.gif )
ATR8500 (still dreaming icon_wink.gif )
ATR8000 disks

And for the VCS 2600
Atlantis II (la la la ZZZZZZZZZzzzzz)

Looking to repair some broken items PM me if you have any I can get for shipping or low cost.

130XE (or PAL 65XE) case and shielding with insulating paper, screws, and rivets. And any miscellaneous parts.

800XL shielding (prefer CO24651-1 & CO24652-001R) with PBI shield, insulating paper, any case & keyboard screws, and rivets. And any miscellaneous parts.

Two 800XL keyboard with the metal ribbon cable, not Mylar, even if not working. Prefer C061983-005 or 22841005 but any will do.

Populated 1200XL PCB working or not.

1200XL case with or without shielding.

Indus GT Plexiglas front and just about any other parts.

Would like a working 800XE or European or Egyptian 65XE complete in box and any various Atari carts...see previous list.

If you have any other broken Atari items you want to get rid of for shipping cost please PM me.

*All brand or trade names are the property of there respective copyright holders and only used for reference.
*I am not responsible for typo's even if I typed them.
*All trades must comply with applicable law.

Edited by Defender II

• 4 months later...

icon_mrgreen.gif ~~~~~~~~~~TRADE LIST~~~~~~~~~~ icon_mrgreen.gif

TI99-4 13inch Monitor by Zenith It has gone to a good home next to a TI/99

Atari 400

Atari 800

Atari 800XL

Atari 1050

Atariwriter80

Common Atari 8-bit carts.

Atari XEP80

Atari Jaguar

Sega Game Gear

Sega Nomad May have another somewhere that needs repair.

Power Macintosh G3 w/monitor keyboard & mouse. Donated to Habitat for Humanity collection.

*All brand or trade names are the property of there respective copyright holders and only used for reference.
*I am not responsible for typo's even if I typed them.
*All trades must comply with applicable law.
Upgrades/repairs:

Repairs and upgrades not available at this time due to health issues.

Edited by Defender II

• 4 months later...

icon_ponder.gif Wants in post#1. icon_ponder.gif

icon_mrgreen.gif Trades/Upgrades/Repairs list post#2. icon_mrgreen.gif

OK here is the beginning of what will be a rather long list…

I - Please don't post offers in this thread.

II - Please let me know what you are willing to trade for an item ( Wants in post#1.). PM me for my email address to send clear pictures of your trade items (at least front & back or top & bottom), note any damage and functionality. When I receive the pictures I will send clear pictures of the items you want.

III - Ship items insured for full value. Put ESD (ElectroStatic Discharge/electrostatic sensitive device) sensitive items in ESD bags for items without pins or ESD tubes or protective foam & bag for those with pins that could be damaged. Wrap items individually in bubble-wrap and surround them with packing peanuts in a strong cardboard box to comply with shipping company's insurance policies. Any items that come in original packing materials will be double-boxed and surrounding spaces filled with packing peanuts or bubble-wrap to protect the original box. Should an item be damaged in shipping you will send the appropriate signed forms and receipts to file claims.

IV - When I receive your shipment I will ship your items in the same manner as III. I do not ship outside of US, so if you don't live in the US you would need to have a friend here that I can ship to and they could forward it to you.

V - I check items, take pictures, and document serial numbers so please don't try to get me to take your broken item for a good one I sent you. I may put a tamper seal on an item, if you remove or damage it don't complain to me.

VI - This is my hobby and not a store, I wish to trade for items I want for my personal collection, and will pay for those I can't trade for.

VII - I will test all items received and if not as pictured and described you will need to send return postage including insurance and tracking and I will send it back to you.

VIII - Please realize, your trade will have to include the value of properly packing and shipping my item insured or actual payment for the same.

Edited by Defender II

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Unfortunately I don't have anything you want. I'm just curious, what do you consider the 815, 1450 or 1090 to be worth?

Good question. Since you don't have them we are talking about a hypothetical purchase/sale which makes it more difficult to answer.

icon_ponder.gificon_ponder.gificon_ponder.gificon_ponder.gificon_ponder.gificon_ponder.gificon_ponder.gificon_ponder.gificon_ponder.gificon_ponder.gificon_ponder.gificon_ponder.gif

If you want a real answer continue to read on, if not skip to the final line.

It is extremely difficult to answer when you are talking about a hypothetical, especially one so improbable due to the limited production and unknown survival numbers of these items. I have only heard of one of each of these being offered within the last ten years and only one of them actually traded hands. {Aside: a 1450XLD sold a few years ago, I missed it by a few weeks, broke my heart icon_tears.gif }

When you have an actual item available you can assess your current and projected funds versus current and projected expenses to determine your available assets and compare them to your emotionally driven "want." Since this is only a "want," just a hobby done for pleasure, and not a valid "need," such as food, shelter etc. a responsible rational person will consider these things. It may seem complex, but most of us go thru these thoughts with every purchase we make. It's the people who don't consider these things that have put us into the current world economic situation.

Worth is in constant flux. A thing is worth whatever someone is willing to sell it for and what someone else is willing to pay for it. I'm not being facetious; it is just the most concise description of this fact I can think of right now.

How much are they worth to you?

Ultimately and most importantly, how much is an item worth to the person who currently owns it?

I would sell everything I own for the right price or when backed into a financial bind. You see this happen all the time in these forums.

You can spend days, weeks, months, years making offers based on what something is worth to you, but an offer is worthless until it meets or exceeds the amount the item is worth to the current owner at that time. I am speaking from experience; the worth of something to the current owner can go up and down, quickly or slowly, usually dependant on the financial security of the current owner and the cost of holding on to the item. When people need cash quick, collections come out of the closet and prices drop. When the cost of holding on to something is more than a person can afford they sell as well. Cost can be literal, as in insurance or anticipation of devaluation based on the item's actual deterioration over time. Cost can also be the stress of having something so valuable you focus an unhealthy amount of time fixating on it or worrying that it will be lost or stolen.

I like to barter, so I won't say what they are currently worth to me in funds; that would also cripple my ability to haggle with a seller who doesn't want what I have for trade. The process of bartering is offer and counter offer to trade items followed by subsequent counter offers until an agreement is reached. Haggling over the price of something isn't fun, but some sellers won't give a price or don't want what or how much I have for trade.

Since this is hypothetical... I will pretend I have some extremely rare items to barter with and let you counter offer: I would give one Espial cartridge for your 815, a 'The Bartender' cartridge for your 1450XLD, and a Matterhorn cartridge for your 1090.icon_mrgreen.gif

Edited by Defender II

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I just updated my want list and deleted some of the carts I picked up in the years since I first posted it. Still would like ans Espial cartridge or any of the others on my list. Still dreaming about a 1450XLD and 815 if anyone would part with theirs. I would be interested in the 1200 Proto/Pilot or 1400XL.