IGNORED

Aliens Colonial Marines resurrected!

AtticGamer

After the cancelling of one of the PS2's most promising FPSs, a new different game with the same title is being developed by Gearbox Software for PS3 and Xbox 360. This one of the Alien games Sega announced for 2009 (but is coming late 2008) but thank God they're only publishing it, I hope.

Maybe I'll buy a PS3 afterall =).

Edited by Atari_kid

As a huge fan of the Alien Trilogy, this is exciting. Any idea what type of game it's going to be? A FPS along the lines of AvP would be cool (if derivative), or a kind of remake of the old Alien Trilogy game. Maybe something in the vein of Battlefield: 1942, set in the Aliens universe?

As long as I'd get to explore places like the Nostromo, the Derelict/LV-426, and Fiorina 161 in depth, I'll be happy. AT and AvP were both really good about that.

I might finally have a reason to buy an Xbox 360 or Playstation 3!

I heard it will have 4 player co-op!!!! If they come through with this then I will be happy as hell. I was pissed off when it got canceled but glad they did and decided to work on it more.

There was an article in one of the games mags but I haven't read it yet.

4 player co-op would be awesome!

It takes place after Alien 3 I think (or during Alien 3), as you get to explore the missing spaceship Sulaco and of course find hordes of aliens there.

Details.

Excellent. There should be absolutely no references to Alien Resurrection then? Fine with me. :D

I read a bit -I forget where- about part of the game taking place at Hadley's Hope and the Derelict. I think that's great, but if the game takes place at least during Alien 3...neither of those locations should exist anymore, since the place went up in a 40 megaton blast "the size of Nebraska," according to Bishop in Aliens. I'll look the other way on continuity goofs, though, as long as the settings are true to the movies. The gameplay's gotta be good too, of course.

I keep reading about Sega announcing Aliens "games," the plural being key. We already know about Colonial Marines. Any inklings about what the deal is with the other game(s)?

I'm sure the Derelict was fairly close since that land rover with Newt and crew didn't go TOO far to run into it. I'm pretty sure it was destroyed by the explosion of the facility. That explosion was like hundreds of nukes going off. Enough to rattle the dropship when it was already IN SPACE!

I loved the AvP series on the PC. If this is anything like it, it will be WONDERFUL. I remember staying up late many nights playing multiplayer on AvP........those were some awesome games we had. :)

Image 1

Image 2

Image 3

Looks great and very faithful to the movie(s), pity the facehugger only has 6 legs instead of 8. This better not get canceled!

I think they still have eight legs, it's just a weird angle. That'd be an incredibly dumb thing to skimp on; everyone would notice immediately, and everyone would riot about it (myself included). :D

If you look closely at some of the facehuggers in the background, it looks like they have eight legs.

That one particular image...number 2.....with the motion tracker was FUCKING AWESOME!!! Like perfect translation from the movie. I always liked that motion tracker and wanted one.

Since we're on the subject of the Colonial Marines, who's everyone's favorite from the movie?

Mine was everyone's favorite badass, Drake!!! I got pissed when he got burned to death.

" Let's ROCK!!!!"

" YEA!!!!!"

" Who's firing?!"

Since we're on the subject of the Colonial Marines, who's everyone's favorite from the movie?

Mine was everyone's favorite badass, Drake!!! I got pissed when he got burned to death.

Wierzbowski.

:D

Drake was badass, as was Vasquez of course. I think that's prerequisite to being a smartgunner. You've gotta be badass.

Apone was pretty hardcore too.

I dunno, man. I think Ripley's actually my favorite. Loading up with about a hundred pounds of weaponry duct-taped together to go back into the alien hive inside a fusion reactor on the verge of exploding, just to try to find someone who in all likelihood isn't even alive...I don't think even Drake would do that.

Hope this isn't too off-topic, but anyone have an opinion on "Alien vs Predator: Requiem" for the PSP?

Saw this game on sale for $19.99 yesterday at a Flea Market booth and was interested in it but have heard absolutely nothing about the game, gameplay, etc.

Mendon

Hope this isn't too off-topic, but anyone have an opinion on "Alien vs Predator: Requiem" for the PSP?

Saw this game on sale for $19.99 yesterday at a Flea Market booth and was interested in it but have heard absolutely nothing about the game, gameplay, etc.

Mendon

I'm a diehard AVP fan, the only reason you should buy it if you're one too. I personally think its the worst or one of the worst AVP games ever made. The controls are pretty bad especially when you keep trying to control the camera while you move. I paid full price for it and still regret I did.