IGNORED

What's the most I should pay for these systems?

Ace_1

I was wondering what should be the most I should pay for the following consoles:

Sega Saturn

Sega 32X

Sega CD(either model)

Sega Genesis 3

Sega Master System II(preferably a European version, since that one doesn't use RF)

Top-loader NES

PC Engine with CD-ROM unit and Super System Card or PC Engine Duo(normal, -R or -RX) or Turbo Duo or TurboGrafx 16 with Turbo CD and Super System Card

Atari 2600(all models)

Atari 5200(2-port model)

Atari 7800

Family Computer(both models)

Super Famicom(normal and Junior)

Edited by Ace_1

I was wondering what should be the most I should pay for the following consoles:

I guess you mean used and no boxes, but come with accessories at least to play a game on them. This is my take only:

Sega Genesis 3 $15

Sega Master System II(preferably a European version, since that one doesn't use RF) $30

Top-loader NES $25

Atari 2600(all models) $25

Atari 7800 $35

these are prices I have paid, not the going rate, and rates I could find again if I looked hard enough. Controllers for the systems I listed are pretty easy to come by, as are the games. Some more than others.

Hope this helps, don't get ripped off :)

Nathan

Damn, $25 for a Top-loader NES??? I find them above $90 shipped on eBay! And around $60 for a Sega Genesis 3(never found one in my area, Montreal, Quebec in Canada). As for the 2600, there's a friend of mine who owns a pawn shop who can give me 2600s(the Light Sixer and Junior) for about $10(this is with a power supply and nothing else. I already have the 2 controllers from the Atari Flashback 2 which will do the trick).

Since you said, "Don't get ripped off", it makes me wonder if I was actually ripped off when I bought my SNES Mini(paid $45 for it with hookups and 1 controller). All the prices I put up is in Canadian dollars, FYI.

Damn, $25 for a Top-loader NES??? I find them above $90 shipped on eBay! And around $60 for a Sega Genesis 3(never found one in my area, Montreal, Quebec in Canada). As for the 2600, there's a friend of mine who owns a pawn shop who can give me 2600s(the Light Sixer and Junior) for about $10(this is with a power supply and nothing else. I already have the 2 controllers from the Atari Flashback 2 which will do the trick).

Since you said, "Don't get ripped off", it makes me wonder if I was actually ripped off when I bought my SNES Mini(paid $45 for it with hookups and 1 controller). All the prices I put up is in Canadian dollars, FYI.

I'll go looking around, see what I can dig up if you like. For an SNES mini, that sounds about right for hookups and one controller. I don't have a mini, though they sure sound neat. I have two regular snes's so not looking. Those genny 3's are built cheaper than the other models, you cannot use a 32x expander on it, so I won't pay much for one.

About the top-loader NES, oops, I thought you meant a regular NES. Yeah, you can't touch those for cheap. Unless they've been beat the heck out of.

Nathan

My take:

Sega Saturn - $30

Sega 32X - $15

Sega CD (either model) - $20

Sega Genesis 3 - $25

Sega Master System II (preferably a European version, since that one doesn't use RF) - $25 for a French SMS II with SCART

Top-loader NES - $40

PC Engine with CD-ROM unit and Super System Card or PC Engine Duo(normal, -R or -RX) or Turbo Duo or TurboGrafx 16 with Turbo CD and Super System Card - $125 for PC Engine CD combo, $150 for PC Engine Duo, $175 for TurboDuo or TG-CD combo

Atari 2600 (all models) - $10

Atari 5200 (2-port model) - $30

Atari 7800 - $25

Family Computer (both models) - $30 for original Famicom, $45 for AV Famicom

Super Famicom (normal and Junior) - $20 for original, $35 for Jr.

Edited by ApolloBoy

Here's how much I find them for shipped on eBay:

Sega Saturn - $30

Normally find these for $70-80 shipped.

Sega 32X - $15

I've seen some with a Genesis for around $70-80 shipped.

Sega CD (either model) - $20

Only find broken ones for about $30(yuck!).

Sega Genesis 3 - $25

Normally, I find them for $60.

Sega Master System II (preferably a European version, since that one doesn't use RF) - $25 for a French SMS II with SCART

Never saw those.

Top-loader NES - $40

At least $90

PC Engine with CD-ROM unit and Super System Card or PC Engine Duo(normal, -R or -RX) or Turbo Duo or TurboGrafx 16 with Turbo CD and Super System Card - $125 for PC Engine CD combo, $150 for PC Engine Duo, $175 for TurboDuo or TG-CD combo

PC Engine and TurboGrafx 16 CD combos go for about $300, $200 for a PC Engine Duo-R and over $600 for a Turbo Duo(that's nuts).

Atari 2600 (all models) - $10

I don't really look at these, but I can get them for $5(every model)

Atari 5200 (2-port model) - $30

Over $100(one of them doesn't even have hookups!).

Atari 7800 - $25

$97 for this.

Family Computer (both models) - $30 for original Famicom, $45 for AV Famicom

Around $60 for the original(no hookups, but don't need 'em), $170 for A/V version with 16 games.

Super Famicom (normal and Junior) - $20 for original, $35 for Jr.

$130 with box for normal model or $48 with no hookups. As for the Jr., I've rarely seen these, and when I do, they go for over $150 with box.

This is going to be costly if I go the eBay route. Might as well try to find whatever came to North America(Genesis 3, Saturn, Master System II(throw the RF unit in the garbage and replace it by an 8-pin DIN female plug like the original model), Sega 32X, Sega CD, TurboGrafx/TurboDuo, Top-loader NES and all Atari systems mentioned).

@Nathan: Please! I've never found a Top-loader NES since I've started looking for one in 2003. I also have some games for the PC Engine Super CD-ROM, Sega CD and Sega 32X, but no system to play them on.

Edited by Ace_1

You should be able to get a nice working Atari system for around $25 give or take depending on the model.

Exactly. And I as I said before, don't make eBay your only source. In fact I've actually stopped buying stuff off eBay because I can buy stuff from fellow forum members for cheaper than I would from eBay.

Apolloboy, I don't know where you are getting these prices for pc engines and tg16s...Pc engine was never released in usa or europe, so its quite rare. Those prices you mention seem pretty damn low. You may get ones that are priced that low on occasion, on some forums, but its not really how much they should go for..

Edited by so_tough!

Apolloboy, I don't know where you are getting these prices for pc engines and tg16s...Pc engine was never released in usa or europe, so its quite rare. Those prices you mention seem pretty damn low. You may get ones that are priced that low on occasion, on some forums, but its not really how much they should go for..

They seem pretty reasonable to me, considering I'm involved in the PC Engine/TG-16 scene. The PC Engine is actually quite common in Japan in most of its variations (save for the PC Engine LT), so just because something wasn't released in a particular region doesn't automatically make it "rare".

Edited by ApolloBoy

They seem pretty reasonable to me, considering I'm involved in the PC Engine/TG-16 scene. The PC Engine is actually quite common in Japan in most of its variations (save for the PC Engine LT), so just because something wasn't released in a particular region doesn't automatically make it "rare".

The pc engine is not rare at all in Japan, but still..I never see pc engines in either import shops or ebay for that low! Thats all I was saying.

I don't know about involved in any "scene", But i post on pcenginefx.com! And the first time I got a pc engine was over 10 years ago, I just never came across pc engines for that cheap, either in shops or on ebay.

:) I really don't know where you get these prices from, but they all seem insanely cheap and really not "true" to what prices they usually go for (talking about most of the guide prices you mention)

Edited by so_tough!

All right, did I get ripped off today? I just bought a console on my list:

The Sega CD

I paid $180 for it. It came in its original box(!) with all hookups and a Model 2 Genesis, which also came with all its hookups(but had an RF unit... yuck!).

The Sega CD

I paid $180 for it. It came in its original box(!) with all hookups and a Model 2 Genesis, which also came with all its hookups(but had an RF unit... yuck!).

$180? Yeah, I think you got ripped. For that price you could've had a CIB X'Eye in great condition.

The Sega CD

$180? Yeah, I think you got ripped. For that price you could've had a CIB X'Eye in great condition.

Big time ripped.

As for the Master System, the Master System II sucks. It doesn't play "card" games because it doesn't have the port for it.

As for the Master System, the Master System II sucks. It doesn't play "card" games because it doesn't have the port for it.

That, and the SMS II outputs RF only. The only thing the SMS II has going for it is the small size. Otherwise, do yourself a favor and get an original SMS.

Already do have a Model 1 Master System. Buying the Master System II isn't a problem for me. And FYI, the French Master System II outputs A/V and RGB, and that's the one I'm looking for. Just to make the system output in 60Hz.

Well, what can I say about the Sega CD? Seemed like a good deal to me(hey, I was ready to spend $200 on a PC Engine Duo-R a while back), especially since there was already a Genesis in there. Had it just been the Sega CD, I'd have passed, but this was the first Sega CD I have ever seen in my area, so I couldn't miss out on it. Sega CDs are ULTRA rare where I live, and the 32X seems even worse. I have never seen one, just like I have never seen a Master System II, Top-loader NES, Atari 5200, Atari 7800, Genesis 3 or any NEC systems. I've suspended console chases after spending the $180 on my boxed Genesis/Sega CD combo.

I normally sell Sega Cds for $35 or $60 with a Genesis. If you are still looking for any systems message me. I might be able to help out.

Already do have a Model 1 Master System. Buying the Master System II isn't a problem for me. And FYI, the French Master System II outputs A/V and RGB, and that's the one I'm looking for. Just to make the system output in 60Hz.

Well, what can I say about the Sega CD? Seemed like a good deal to me(hey, I was ready to spend $200 on a PC Engine Duo-R a while back), especially since there was already a Genesis in there. Had it just been the Sega CD, I'd have passed, but this was the first Sega CD I have ever seen in my area, so I couldn't miss out on it. Sega CDs are ULTRA rare where I live, and the 32X seems even worse. I have never seen one, just like I have never seen a Master System II, Top-loader NES, Atari 5200, Atari 7800, Genesis 3 or any NEC systems. I've suspended console chases after spending the $180 on my boxed Genesis/Sega CD combo.

And FYI, the French Master System II outputs A/V and RGB, and that's the one I'm looking for. Just to make the system output in 60Hz.

Yes, I mentioned the French SMS II before; it's definitely better than the standard SMS II but it's still not quite to up to snuff, at least compared to the original SMS. BTW, did you know the SMS already outputs RGB? It's weak, but it's there.