IGNORED

IMAGIC POSTERS ON EBAY TONITE THURSDAY ENDING

Joystick Jolter

HI,

I PUT UP A COUPLE OF POSTERS ON EBAY TONITE. HAVE A LOT OF STUFF I'LL BE SELLING OFF IN THE NEXT COUPLE OF WEEKS, INCLUDING A COUPLE

OF 2600 PROTOTYPES.....SOLD OFF MOST OF MY GOOD STUFF A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO BUT STILL HAVE SOME INTERESTING STUFF.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...me=STRK:MESE:IT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...me=STRK:MESE:IT

THANKS FOR LOOKING....

Edited by Joystick Jolter

Just curious whats the deal with the multiple ebay ID's. I get concerned when I see alot of previous no longer registered ID's sometimes means trouble, so could you fill me in.

User ID Effective Date End Date

postcardmary Feb-02-05 Not a registered user

teerrrrific Oct-19-04 Feb-02-05

postcardmary Oct-09-01 Oct-19-04

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ2...ssZpostcardmary

all4zoe May-25-03 Present

creator101366 Feb-10-03 May-25-03

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZall4zoe

Seems odd to have two seperate accounts that you've changed the name on 5 or six times. ANyway just curious. If you could fill me in I'd appreciate it..

Bruce

Edited by brucebidder

Just curious whats the deal with the multiple ebay ID's. I get concerned when I see alot of previous no longer registered ID's sometimes means trouble, so could you fill me in.

Seems odd to have two seperate accounts that you've changed the name on 5 or six times. ANyway just curious. If you could fill me in I'd appreciate it..

Bruce

Just for your information Bruce it's my business. But because you been so nice as to ask I'll say this to your question.

Ive dealt with the biggest and best on atariage....CPUWIZ and TEMPEST just to name a few and anyone who might

want to ask can go ahead and ask them. I don't think anyone has any problem with me....

Now I could have answered your question with any kind of story about what, why or how come, but I think you can

ask either of the two I've mentioned if you have any reason to know anything about my honesty.

I understand someone asking the question you asked but it might have been done by emailing or IM'ing me. The

reason the name was changed on the original account was that I was going to change the items I was selling from

postcards at the time to tee shirts and then I went back. As far as what happened it's none of your business, if you don't

want to buy something from me don't. That's all. But just because I've gotten a little riled by this I'll tell you what happened.

I had a stroke, a few things were up and had been sold. I obviously couldn't do anything from a hospital bed and a long

rehab. My son tried to clear up some of the sales and did, but could not find everything and didn't really understand what

or how to send people refunds or contact eBay about it. And since there were some unsent items eBay took away my

account..

Now that you know that does it mean anything. No not a damn thing. Because you

had weren't going to buy anything from me anyway. And a last thing the name wasn't changed 5 or 6 times. If you were

nosy enough to check and you only mentioned 3 names why do you have to say 5 or 6 when you know it's not true. Your

just someone looking to make trouble for someone else. And why didn't you say anything about the 2300 positives on the

other account.

I'm sorry to anyone who reads this and feels I've been a bit short but the question should have been asked privately.

And besides it's a question from someone who has only posted here for barely a few months and has rarely had anything

to add to the community. He has bragged about the other forums he's been on that have no rules and has been warned here.

I'm a little bit touchy about the subject because it involves a health problem that almost took my life and I've overcome it

enough to move on.

Anthony

Edited by Joystick Jolter

Bruce

:?:

I do apologize for upsetting you and I am truly sorry to hear about your health. I do hope all is well. I would like to clarify why I asked my question. While alot of people here may know you and trust you, I do not know you, as you pointed out I have only been posting here a couple monthes(26 actually). As for if I would buy anything from you, I probably would of at least been interested prior to this thread. I have bought many Atari items over the years and have a very respectable collection.

I was not attempting to violate any of your rights or anything, but when I first saw your thread I clicked on your hyperlink signature at the end of your post which you have since changed. It used to be:

which led me to your ebay page of a non registered user who had used the following 3 ID's

postcardmary Feb-02-05 Not a registered user closed in Nov 2007

I thought why would he have a link to a closed account so I went back to the post and saw that you had another link in the context of your thread:

Which led me to your other account which had used the following 2 ID's

Now so you had two seperate accounts running side by side for a number of years. 3 names under 1 and 2 under the other so that is 5 names you've had which is a true fact.

As anyone who uses ebay on a regular basis will tell you, there are alot of dishonest people out there.

I also was cautious because you had not been active here on AA in 2 years and as soon as you reappear you post a bunch of auctions.

When you post items for sale in a thread I think as a potential buyer I should be able to ask you a perfectly legitimate question. It's part of the free country I live in.

So I do have sympathy for your health problems. I truly hope your doing well. I also hope you sell your items for what you would think they are worth, but please remember just because I asked a reasonable question does not mean you have to degrade me and call into question my personal right to be here.

As for my other posts and such I do personally believe I have had some good input on a few items, and do feel I have alot to offer the community. I have been a private collector for 15 years and just recently decided to be more active in forums and such, of course this makes me feel less happy about that opinion.

As for bragging about other forums with no rules: I never bragged about anything. I simply stated that on other forums I was on reviving an old topic was not nearly the big deal as it can be here, and I apologized to all offended in that one instance. Also I was not warned by a mod or Al. Pingvinbluejeans had informed me of the reasons for not reviving an old thread and after what happened I can see why. But I did not recieve a warning, in fact Al was very gracious with me about it, and gave me some helpful and informative tips. Thanks again Al.

So anyway if anyone feels I have hurt this gentlemans reputation by my post please feel free to add a reply giving him props, my comment was not meant to hurt him or his reputation just a simple question I thought I should ask. CPUWIZ and TEMPEST please give him props if he deserves them.

Thanks,

Bruce

I've overcome it

enough to move on.

Anthony

That is really great news Anthony, I had wondered from time to time. :)

Guys, don't you worry about dealing with him, first of all, his stuff is top notch and you will get what you see in the auction. I've gotten some amazing items from him and I have nothing but "two thumbs up" to say!

I do apologize for upsetting you and I am truly sorry to hear about your health. I do hope all is well. I would like to clarify why I asked my question. While alot of people here may know you and trust you, I do not know you, as you pointed out I have only been posting here a couple monthes(26 actually). As for if I would buy anything from you, I probably would of at least been interested prior to this thread. I have bought many Atari items over the years and have a very respectable collection.

I was not attempting to violate any of your rights or anything, but when I first saw your thread I clicked on your hyperlink signature at the end of your post which you have since changed. It used to be:

which led me to your ebay page of a non registered user who had used the following 3 ID's

postcardmary Feb-02-05 Not a registered user closed in Nov 2007

I thought why would he have a link to a closed account so I went back to the post and saw that you had another link in the context of your thread:

Which led me to your other account which had used the following 2 ID's

Now so you had two seperate accounts running side by side for a number of years. 3 names under 1 and 2 under the other so that is 5 names you've had which is a true fact.

As anyone who uses ebay on a regular basis will tell you, there are alot of dishonest people out there.

I also was cautious because you had not been active here on AA in 2 years and as soon as you reappear you post a bunch of auctions.

When you post items for sale in a thread I think as a potential buyer I should be able to ask you a perfectly legitimate question. It's part of the free country I live in.

So I do have sympathy for your health problems. I truly hope your doing well. I also hope you sell your items for what you would think they are worth, but please remember just because I asked a reasonable question does not mean you have to degrade me and call into question my personal right to be here.

As for my other posts and such I do personally believe I have had some good input on a few items, and do feel I have alot to offer the community. I have been a private collector for 15 years and just recently decided to be more active in forums and such, of course this makes me feel less happy about that opinion.

As for bragging about other forums with no rules: I never bragged about anything. I simply stated that on other forums I was on reviving an old topic was not nearly the big deal as it can be here, and I apologized to all offended in that one instance. Also I was not warned by a mod or Al. Pingvinbluejeans had informed me of the reasons for not reviving an old thread and after what happened I can see why. But I did not recieve a warning, in fact Al was very gracious with me about it, and gave me some helpful and informative tips. Thanks again Al.

So anyway if anyone feels I have hurt this gentlemans reputation by my post please feel free to add a reply giving him props, my comment was not meant to hurt him or his reputation just a simple question I thought I should ask. CPUWIZ and TEMPEST please give him props if he deserves them.

Thanks,

Bruce

BRUCE,

I know you didn't ask for it but I accept your apology or response if you'd rather call it that. By the way the first account had only 2 names, the first, the second and back to

the first. The second which was my sons, had only one. The first thing listed was eBay assigned name before he chose his name. I apologize to you if I mis stated anything or

that you disagree with as I'm always calm and quiet but just felt an afront on my character, something you may have had legitimate reason to have but I think rather than soil

someones character in public it is always best to try to get an answer in private. I hope you become a well respected member of this community because In the couple of years,

and yes I've been away awhile, I've met some great people.

Thanks

anthony

I've overcome it

enough to move on.

Anthony

That is really great news Anthony, I had wondered from time to time. :)

Guys, don't you worry about dealing with him, first of all, his stuff is top notch and you will get what you see in the auction. I've gotten some amazing items from him and I have nothing but "two thumbs up" to say!

Thanks, I'm feeling a lot better. Can do just about anything again and feeling better everyday. I'm loving life and let me add to all you youngsters out there.

RMEMBER

The value of time

The success of perseverance

The pleasure of working

The dignity of simplicity

The worth of character

The power of kindness

The influence of example

The obligation of duty

The wisdom of economy

The virtue of patience

The joy of organizing

The improvement of talent

The last being with your Joystick HA HA

The sound of a couple of them may not be exciting, but believe me, if you're

laying in a bed almost able to do nothing they are all wonderful.....

Anthony

I don't think anyone has any problem with me....

Except for the time you sold protos with documentation on ebay showing pictures of the actual paperwork you said was included and instead shipped photocopies. Several here were affected.

Oooohhhh, very interesting information Buyatari.......I would have bidded a lot higher for those posters.....thanks for the information!!! :)

Except for the time you sold protos with documentation on ebay showing pictures of the actual paperwork you said was included and instead shipped photocopies. Several here were affected.

Oooohhhh, very interesting information Buyatari.......I would have bidded a lot higher for those posters.....thanks for the information!!! :)

Well I think you are safe with posters. I don't think he would do such a thing with a large color poster, but he did it with loaner cart docs.

Well I think you are safe with posters. I don't think he would do such a thing with a large color poster, but he did it with loaner cart docs.

Also remember when I posted this TCM image and he lost it over 150dpi 8x10 cause I removed the watermark?

Well you remember something I don't. I never sold anything with photocopies unless I so stated I was doing so. I can only

remember one time when I sold 2 proto's and they were both listed with the same document so one person had to land up

with a copy. But that was specificly listed as such. I don't know why you say this but if it happened to you why do you tell everyone

about it. If it didn't happen to you it's just word of mouth and maybe the person who told you this never even won anything

from me. I'm honest and wouldn't try to fool anyone about what I was selling. Let's also remember that many of the letters

sent out to reviewers in those days were nothing but canned letters that may well have been a photocopy to begin with, but

certainly not a photocopy that I made. It's easy to besmerch someone's character or reputation and very hard to prove one

wrong. If you've got a story that has happened to you I urge you to tell everyone. But I also urge everyone to remember

that because someone says something about another person that does not make it the truth.

Also remember when I posted this TCM image and he lost it over 150dpi 8x10 cause I removed the watermark?

I don't know about losing it, but I was a little upset and I'll tell you why. When I'm selling something like that and if memory

serves me the guy who bought it paid quite a bit, I'd like the person who bought it to have the right to say ok here's a good

copy of it for everyone to make a copy of. It's the same as someone selling an unreleased proto that no one else has. Why

should a seller allow it to be downloaded before he sells it. It should be up to the buyer to do so. You can say what you want

about that practice, but it's what I felt was right for my buyer. If you're in the same position you should do what you feel is

right. I certainly don't think it's bad business or that I did anything wrong. If you wanted to allow all the members to have a

nice picture to copy, you should have bought it and done so.

Anthony

i do somewhat remember this problem, it happened a few years ago. it should be in an old thread here on AA. i forget what exactly was being auctioned off...

FYI Joystick Jolter, buyatari is a well respected collector and has been around here for many years, very honest and super friendly! :)

Rick

And finally I'd like to thank all the members who looked or bid on my auctions. I have more and will have

more in the future as I'm going to try to sell most of the things I have left. I'm going to try to offer a proto

on eBay but I'm sure with just the things I've read here they'll get a report about it and take it down. I also

have a couple of 2600 proto's I'd like to sell too. Unfortunately if eBay won't let me sell them I guess they'll

just remain in a box until I'm gone and someone throws them out. It's unfortunate that there are people who

would contact eBay and have things taken down out of spite or hate, but then life is filled with unfortunate

happenings. I've learned since my stroke to just let these things roll off my shoulders and say, "Oh Well".

Thanks again to all and keep watching. By the way the person who bought them was a member years ago

and has bought from me before. Wether he's still around I couldn't tell you, but he's a big time collector, I

will tell you that.

Thanks again,

Anthony

i do somewhat remember this problem, it happened a few years ago. it should be in an old thread here on AA. i forget what exactly was being auctioned off...

FYI Joystick Jolter, buyatari is a well respected collector and has been around here for many years, very honest and super friendly! :)

Rick

Rick,

I didn't say buyatari was good, bad or indifferent. I just stated the facts that I know are true. And I will say again a letter from a manufacturer to a reviewer would

rarely be a singly typed letter concerning a review copy. It was usually a copy of some kind. Whether done on some Xerox or printed up by a printer, it was what

it was. Just because they sent out a copy of a letter that does not mean that I sold anything fraudulently. If I said it contained the letter I received or it was a

letter concerning the release of a game, that's what it was. Let's remember if Atari, Activision, Imagic or any of the larger companies was sending out a couple of

hundred review copies they certainly weren't going to sit there and type an individual letter to each and every person. And technology was not like today when you

can have a computer spit out letters to people on a mailing list by just clicking a mouse. Now fine here's the problem I stated earlier. Buyatari is a well respected collector,

very honest and super friendly. He remembers this story about paperwork. Did it happen to him, did he see the copied paperwork and could see for himself that it was

something that I would have copied or did it look 20 years old. Or did someone just post it. How many times has someone posted on Atariage something that turned out

to be not the whole truth or just a bit of a slanted story. I'll say this CPUWIZ is very well respected member of the community here and he stated that you could trust

me. So now does that besmerch buyatari. Of course not, but it just goes to show you that people have opinions and that's all they are is opinions. An opinion is not fact.

And last but not least, let's just suppose it was a copy, how many proto's do

you know about that were bought with any kind of background paperwork. Most people buy a cartridge and that's it. No nothing else. I guess I've gone on a bit long here,

but when someone drops a little do do on you, you should stand up like a man and speak your peace. Oh yes I like to write as well. Was doing it about these games over

20 years ago and never thought I'd be doing it again now.

Thanks

Anthony