IGNORED

anyone remeber LOGO?

27ace27

• 1 year later...

I remember in the 80s they taught LOGO in schools in the UK on BBC computers. Some people laugh at it but between that and my C64 I learned enough and eventually ended up with a job as a software engineer at a graphics company, so it can't have been all bad.

It was fun running the turtle around a piece of paper to make it draw, although I think we did quite literally hang it (from its own cable) by spinning it endlessly until it wrapped the cable around itself.

Now I'm thinking about it I've got a mix of LOGO and lightcycles in my head... wonder what I can do with that?

I remember in the 80s they taught LOGO in schools in the UK on BBC computers. Some people laugh at it but between that and my C64 I learned enough and eventually ended up with a job as a software engineer at a graphics company, so it can't have been all bad.

It was fun running the turtle around a piece of paper to make it draw, although I think we did quite literally hang it (from its own cable) by spinning it endlessly until it wrapped the cable around itself.

Now I'm thinking about it I've got a mix of LOGO and lightcycles in my head... wonder what I can do with that?

Funny, I was thinking about LOGO the other day. I would really like to build a turtle robot that would interface with Atari LOGO. I can design / build the hardware but I am not sure how to interface it to LOGO. I do have a copy of Atari LOGO but I don't think it has the ability to interface with a robot turtle. Anyway, a pen drawing robot is something I have always wanted for my Atari and even if it doesn't work with LOGO, it would be a cool device to experiment with. Anyone else interested in such a project?

I just found this article and I would like to base my Turtle on this one - Terrapin Turtle:

terrapin Robot.PDF

-and If anyone else has any other info on the Terrapin turtle, such as measurements, I would greatly appreciate it.

Funny, I was thinking about LOGO the other day. I would really like to build a turtle robot that would interface with Atari LOGO. I can design / build the hardware but I am not sure how to interface it to LOGO. I do have a copy of Atari LOGO but I don't think it has the ability to interface with a robot turtle. Anyway, a pen drawing robot is something I have always wanted for my Atari and even if it doesn't work with LOGO, it would be a cool device to experiment with. Anyone else interested in such a project?

I just found this article and I would like to base my Turtle on this one - Terrapin Turtle:

terrapin Robot.PDF

-and If anyone else has any other info on the Terrapin turtle, such as measurements, I would greatly appreciate it.

That would be cool, I too can imagine it being fairly easy to build with the hard part being the interfacing. :?