IGNORED

1996 Price Guide (a look back)

FND

I ran accross this old price guide from July 1996 and thought some might be interested in the old prices.

This was from the days just after the www (world wide web) had taken over and Ebay was just starting to get big

You can also see what I had in my collection at the time as I used this during my garage sale and thrift shop hunting at the time

This also includes lists for the Arcadia 2001, Bally Astrocade, Colecovision, Fairchild Channel F, Intellivision, Microvision,

Odyssey 2 and Vectrex so if anyone is interested in seeing those price lists just let me know and I can post them

BTW Video Game Connections is still around and can be found here

Video Game Connections

2600cons.jpg

2600con2s.jpg

2600con3s.jpg

2600con4s.jpg

2600con5s.jpg

I am amazed that except for a couple of exceptions like Cubicolor the prices are relatively the same.

I think most prices were even higher.

This was at the start of an increasing collector base started by the

Internet, Antique Road Show and ebay availability, alot of people jumped on thinking this was the next big thing

and speculation caused prices to rise, Reality has set in and prices have settled back down. kinda looks like

the wave lasted about 12 years

Since we're on this subject I thought now would be a good time to post this. I used to order directly from Atari back in the early to mid 1990's (especially during that "Pre-Jaguar" period where the 7800 was essentially gone and the Lynx was trying to hang on the best it could at the back of the game aisle at Toys R Us")

I'll have to scan more pricelists, but here is an official Atari 7800 price list from August, 1993. This is exactly what they would have sent you had you called and requested information on their games. They also used to have a cool Lynx brochure that was in full color, but that was about it.

post-4261-1205795129_thumb.png

I'll have to scan more pricelists, but here is an official Atari 7800 price list from August, 1993. This is exactly what they would have sent you had you called and requested information on their games. They also used to have a cool Lynx brochure that was in full color, but that was about it.

Cool...thanks for posting that. 8)

We've come a long way.

That list looks completely old hat.

I'm still looking for Super Ray, though...

The mentioning of Snowplow is interesting too.

8)

Note:The disclaimer on the inside of the front cover page says all listed games are known to Exist

The mentioning of Snowplow is interesting too.

Note:The disclaimer on the inside of the front cover page says all listed games are known to Exist

Snowplow was shown at the 1984 Winter CES, so it does exist somewhere...it just hasn't been found.