IGNORED

Forever9 compo results

Hi, can somebody inform us about results of Forver9 Atari compotitions?

hey Kaz,

the FOReVER|9 was again a very very big success and extremely enjoyable. I just came back home. After driving 650km I'm a bit tired :)

In a short, there were in the Atari compos:

* 3 demos (MEC, GPRS and a new group)

* 3 1k intros (eru/x-ray, Raster, Fandal)

* 5-6 pictures (Powrooz and others)

* 7-10 music files (Pin, Raster, and others)

all in all high quality!! I'm now looking forward to see the results and the download. I guess XI/Satantronic (atari organizer) is not yet home. :)

grtx,

\twh

Strange a ATASCII animation Jozin B Bazin wins over the beautiful Recall by Resurrection. Any could say some explain?

Sometimes it depends, how many friends you have :)

And Jozin is funny, ppl like funny stuff. More than nice effects. That's the way to win every competition :)

Strange a ATASCII animation Jozin B Bazin wins over the beautiful Recall by Resurrection. Any could say some explain?

Sometimes it depends, how many friends you have :)

And Jozin is funny, ppl like funny stuff. More than nice effects. That's the way to win every competition :)

You can't get it without the context, that's all. I wouldn't blame Raster's friends (being one myself :D) but the Polish affection for Jozin. ;)

Let's simply accept the fact that Eastern Europe (and I can here only speak for Poland and Czech Republic) has own symbols, traditions and running gags.

I personally like them very much. And now after the FOReVER9 I'm a BIG fan of Jozin z Bazin especially because I connect it with my favorite hobby - the 8bit Atari!!!

grtx,

\twh

You can't get it without the context, that's all. I wouldn't blame Raster's friends (being one myself :D) but the Polish affection for Jozin. ;)

OK. Next time I contribute something to a music contest. The content will be the letters :" ROB Hubbard". So I make surely the 1st place there...

OK. Next time I contribute something to a music contest. The content will be the letters :" ROB Hubbard". So I make surely the 1st place there...

That was not the point, emkay...

mmm... I understand it's very funny.... but ... it's a demo compo.

Otherway, music of Jozin B Bazin is incredible the same tune on youtube videos. Good work!

And, congratulations to Resurrection team, a short demo, but very powerful. One of the best of all time.

mmm... I understand it's very funny.... but ... it's a demo compo.

Perhaps we should propose a new compo category to which Jozin and also Fandal's joketro would nicely fit. Then there would be no such complaints anymore.

IMHO the Recall was very nice, but I found it a bit "mainstream" and that might be a part of the reason Raster's Jozin stood out. Maybe the jokers really deserve their own compo.....

This reminds me about the ridicoulous results of a polish 24h graphics combo.

Hi everybody, hi Allas, hi Emkay.

I was really shocked when moderator said "2nd place for RECALL BY RESURRECTION". This demo is beautiful and I had assumed it would win the demo compo for sure. But I was wrong, party audience voted for JzB. I never voted in any category (!) where I had some contribution. I wasn't affecting anyone to voting for JzB (even my friends didn't know about this JzB contribution by GPRS - I hid it totally) or for any of my other contributions. I'm not working on my Forever contributions (msx, gfx, intro1kb, demo) for fame or for sake of winning prices, but for people!

So, I can only say that I highly respect the Polish democoders and I was surprised that JzB gained victory over their great demo Recall by Resurrection. I hope they don't worry, they are happy and will create such great demos for people regardless of some voting results. :)

I don’t have the right to judge people's voting. If somebody has such right, he/she can change results in "rightful way". Or, maybe it's precaution for future - more righful people have to visit parties and vote more properly. ;)

Btw - I have prepared one USB flash disk, Atari cup and Atari T-shirt for PG as thanksgiving for his JzB music. (btw - he also made music cover for Recall by resurrection demo.)

Thanks to all organizers for great Forever9 party organization, thanks to all party visitors for their friendliness. Greetings to everybody. :)

raster/c.p.u.

I don't think it's a good idea. You'd catch the audience unprepared and their ears would hurt even more....

On the other hand, if you submit some gfx under your present nick :D I'm pretty sure the prize is yours.

And I have another modest proposal: come to the party next time and vote for the stuff YOU think is the best. And you can even personally persuade the other visitors to vote in accord with you. :)

Well,

I think it all depends how you code/present a demo... In the late 90`s we had a lot of polish fake demos, like Too Hard (part 1), Asskissiel and others - they soon all disappeared and no-one ever did any fake-demos since... and err, for me they were extremely boring and stupid...

Now, in the last few years we had some nice joke-demos, with nice gfx, animations, sounds and a kind of surprise (the joke itself)... I personally remember the Selftest-Demo by Raster, the Ants-Demo also by Raster, the "swimming Wolf" demo by Raster, The Basix-Demo by Raster, to name just a few ones... believe it or not, I really like these funny demos...

-Andreas Koch.

After reviewing the Forever9 combo results, I can understand the voting, even if I do not understand all the lyrics/texts in Jozin.

[philosophical on]

RECALL BY RESURRECTION is technically brilliant, but Jozin is heart-warming and funny.

The voting might reflect that some Atarians care more about human values than machine values.

[philosophical off]

Just my 2 cents